Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yildiz 2 -v- Pina X  (Read 10538 times)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Yildiz 2 -v- Pina X
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
Ahoy there me hearties

I'd like to hear from any salty seadog who has chartered BOTH of these boats. I've "done" several of the boats but haven't been on either of these ones.

7 of us will be hitting Kalkan in June and we like to take a private boat trip. I've heard, and read on here, that both of these boats are excellent so I'd be really interested in any feedback you can share on:

- Preference (subjective, I know, but which one is best?)

- Cost of a private day charter

- What's on the menu

Cheers

PW

(land-lubbers need not reply)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9377.0
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Yildiz 2 -v- Pina X
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
Afraid I can't offer details on price and menu but we have been out with Abdi on Pina X several times and always great.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
We are Yildiz 2 fans and I think if you would be looking at about 40tl per person - the boat holds 12 and to privately hire it for the day you are normally expected to pay for 12 places. You can email Osman or Adem and they will quote you directly - depending on the time of year, they may be able to offer you a deal. Food is wonderful on any of the Yildiz boats and their home made cake is a favourite with our family. The food on all the boats we've been on tends to follow the same pattern - lunch is a selection of hot and cold dishes which includes meat and fish, later there's a fruit platter then later again afternoon tea and that lovely cake. Never been on Pina X, seems to be a smaller boat though so may be better for you if you are required to pay for all the places.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
Having done both for us it would always be Yildiz 2. Osman and Zeynep are a great team and the food is always outstanding. They are very reasonably priced and we always have a fantastic day and for me that is Priceless.

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
Apparently  the agreed price per head this year has been set at 50 TL.  I believe both boats take 12 people though I know Abdi on Pina X reduces the price per head for a private charter and quoted us 400 - 500 TL depending on numbers.  Don't know what Yildiz 2 would offer.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »
Haven't done Pina x but can recommend the Yildiz boats, always a good day out with Osman and Zeynap.
Nicky

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »
There are around 30-40 boat operators in Kas and Kalkan area. Some of them take up to 50-60 guests some take up to 12.

You also have the opportunity to hire your own boat which will give you more privacy and freedom to do what you please.

Some of the boat operators can speak fluent English which is be very important. Reason being when you are visiting historical sights it’s important to know what you are looking at.

Prices depend on the size and quality of the boat and services that are offered by the boat operator.

Food and Cleaning on a boat is extremely important. During the hot summer days it’s important to know the food you are eating on a boat is up to standards.

Having good quality services makes your trip more enjoyable. For instance having good quality snorkeling gear on a boat gives you the chance to see the beauty of the crystal clear seas of the Mediterranean.

Kayaking, going on a sea scooter, using an underwater camera, snorkeling, water skiing and tubing are all great opportunities to making your holiday much more fun and enjoyable.

In Fethiye, Marmaris and Bodrum you can take a tour which costs roughly 20turkish lira. These tours are cheap due to the fact that there can be up to 150people on the trips, food quality is less due to mass production, water sport gear is less abundant as there are so many people and the staff are less personable. For a good personal tour with high quality food and plenty of time on your own private boat to do what you please try to avoid these tours as a cheap option. You may pay extra in Kas but it is definitely worth it.

Price of the tours can vary during the season. June, July, August and September are high season compared with April, May, October and November being the low season.

You can either pay 50 TL or 200 TL depending on the reasons that I have previously mentioned.

Have a nice journey at the crystal clear sea of Mediterranean.

Regards

Cpt. Ergun
Kas, Kalkan and Kekova’s premier daily boat trip & gulet charter operator in Turkey.
         www.boattripturkey.com

No1 Things to do In Kas on Tripadvisor

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »
Thanks for your replies guys.
It's going to be a tough choice!!

PW

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 10:56:06 AM »
Thanks for your replies guys.
It's going to be a tough choice!!

PW

Oh be a devil - book both!  ;D  ;D
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »
I do agree with hiring both  ::)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
Thanks for all your feed back. 2 boat trips in a week would be a bit OTT!
Anyhoo, I booked Yildiz 2 so will report back in due course!

PW

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »
Look forward to reading your report on it! We've never been dissappointed with the Yildiz boats.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
PW, would you be willing to share what Osman quoted for private hire this year?

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »
I would be very interested to know how much private hire is also. We are hoping to do 2 boat trips in the time we are there this year, one of those being private. We have only been on Pina-x and his nephews boat, Pina-x 1 before and can highly recommend both. We hired Pina-x privately back in 2009, but cannot remember how much we paid (there were 7 of us at the time). I think 300 tl rings a bell . I've read such good reports about Yildiz and would love to try it.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
2013 update.......

Tried to book Yldiz 2 again for a private charter last week but it was already booked.  However, Capt Osman has installed a new upper deck, increasing the capacity.....and also the price too, to 600TL (was 475TL last year). We ended up going out on Pina X 1 with Capt Adil and his excellent crew Alex (aka Mehmet). We were not disappointed & I can  recommend Pina X 1 without hesitation. The food is fantastic and at 400TL split between 3 couples was exceptional value.

pw

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
PW, That is great value  at 400tl.

We've booked Yildiz for one of our 4 days next weekend and we were quoted 50tl each or 700tl for the whole boat so even at 600tl your quote was better than ours.  ??? ;D

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 02:40:20 PM »
Got a quote last week and it seems most of the boats are 400 - 450Tl for this time of the year, rising to 700 - 750Tl for the high season.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
2013 update.......

Capt Osman has installed a new upper deck, increasing the capacity.....and also the price too, to 600TL (was 475TL last year).

pw
Please can you clarify "a new upper deck" does this mean the boat takes more than 12 people now or has he added extra deck lol I've booked two trips in June and am curious.
Thanks Toni

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
2013 update.......

Capt Osman has installed a new upper deck, increasing the capacity.....and also the price too, to 600TL (was 475TL last year).

pw
Please can you clarify "a new upper deck" does this mean the boat takes more than 12 people now or has he added extra deck lol I've booked two trips in June and am curious.
Thanks Toni

Toni, I can only guess but I'd say due to Yildiz (deserved) popularity Osman is maximising his potential! Price hike to 600TL for a private charter suggests he can now take more passengers.

pw

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »
I have a day out with him in 2 weeks  time  8) so will feed back my impressions. Hope not too many people as 12 or less has always seemed about right.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pina X Kalkan

Started by pspender on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post March 28, 2014, 05:29:50 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Pina X email contact

Started by suziq on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post August 14, 2013, 09:04:21 PM
by suziq
xx
PINA X Boat - Email Address

Started by Bob & Jayne on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2014, 04:47:16 PM
by pspender
xx
Yildiz 3

Started by Pompeyalbie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan marina 2003

Views: 3940
By: Cosetta
The real Green Lake