Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2596 times)

Offline henty0

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hello
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
I'm Helen and I am vivting Kalkan in 7 weeks for the first time with my Husband and 2 Children. We are staying at the Mediterranean Apartments and I would love to here from anyone who has stayed there or has even heard anything about them? I would also like some reccomendations of good eating places as we are big foodies and love eating out.

Thanks in advance
Helen

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9281.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »
Hi Helen, welcome to the forum you have chosen the right place in Kalkan especially if you are foodies you will be amazed it is full of wonderful restaurants and some of our favourites are Mussakka (on the harbour) Kalamaki, Coast (on the harbour) and Gourmet, tho you will not be disappointed with any of them, there are lots of threads on here regarding eating out as everyone have their favourites, we also had lovely meals in Ramis if you want a very inexpensive night with great views and good food. Am sure someone will post about the meditteran Apts I don't know anything about them as I haven't stayed there. Be prepared to be bitten by the Kalkan bug once you have been you will not be disappointed.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »
hello....we stayed at the Mediterranean apartments last year, they are all privately owned so all different but the complex is very nice with 5 small pools to choose from
the location is great, very central so an easy walk into town where you will find amazing restaurants, our current favourites are Coast, Fish Terrace, Korsan and Mussakka.....enjoy!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »
Don't forget Sandal Restaurant at the harbour, the food is fabulous. Your apartments are in a great location.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum Helen.
Our fave restaurants are Mussaka, Kalamaki and Zekis la terraza(beautiful pasta). We have new ones we want to try this year including Sandal which Kalkanregular mentioned. I'm sure you will find your own favourites!! Be prepared to get bitten by 'the Kalkan bug'!!! (Forgot to say, for good value fab Turkish food you can't beat Chillies).
Nicky

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
Kosk, Akin and Doy Doy are also amongst our favourites.   No trip to Kalkan is complete without at least one meal in these restaurants.

Like HolmfirthNicky I have heard good things about Sandals and must try it.   You will discover, Helen, that there are so many good places you won't be able to fit them all in even if you eat out for every single meal.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum Helen. 

We stayed last year (on our second visit to Kalkan) at the Mediterranean Apartments, it is the first apartment (A1) where we stayed right next door to the Samira Gardens Hotel.  Absolute fabulous location, apartment, swimming complex and perfect for children.  5 minutes walk down the hill to the beach, and a good 15 minute walk back up through the town, but you then get to see all the lovely restaurants and shops.

As for restaurants, our favourite is Adam's owned by Adem, you just call his mobile, which is on this forum if you do a search, he will collect and drop you off after your meal for no cost.  The food is amazing there, cooked by his wife and family.  If you get a chance book Table 1 on the terrace overlooking the sea.  The whole family are the nicest people you would ever wish to meet. Our second joint choice is the Moonlight restaurant in Kalamar Road, for fantastic food and rooftop views, followed closely by Marina Restaurant (magnificent steaks) down at the harbour.  Cafe Vita does a great bbq evening on Wednesdays further up the Kalamar Road with all you can eat on a Wednesday, and that was so enjoyable too.  Where do I stop! somewhere locally to the Mediterranean is right next door at the Samira Gardens (where we are actually staying this year), we booked it last year before becoming owners of our dream apartment, as our apartment is booked for the whole of August while we are in Kalkan.  They do a great menu at very reasonable prices, and they let you use their pool for free, and just 2 minutes up from there is Chillies, where they do very reasonably priced meals, and great balloon bread.  Opposite the Thursday Market is the well known Omar's Kitchen, and they really do serve excellent value tasty meals.  I hope this helps.  If you need any more information, please pm us.

Bob & Jayne

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »
The apartments you've chosen are in a great location - so handy for everywhere yet quiet.  We stayed there a few years ago and were very happy with our choice.  As others have said, there are a ton of wonderful restaurants to discover and you will soon have your own "favourites" list  :laugh:  Ours are Gourmet Terrace, Fez, Baharat, and Belgin's Kitchen.  Looking forward to trying some new places in 6 weeks time  ;D

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:42:34 PM »
I think all Kalkan regulars are torn between eating at their favourite restaurants and trying other places. We visit 3 times a year for about 7/8 weeks in total and always try to include at least 7 or 8 places each year we haven't eaten at before. The trouble is there are new places you want to try but very few restaurants you want to miss. The only solution is to go for longer!

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I would like to add the Olive Garden (excellent goat stew) to the list please, it's above Cafe Merkez which is a good stopping place for a cold drink when walking back up the hill as it is half way up, also Fenner cafe on the harbour for lunch, coffee. Yhe KTLN website free to register has a good business map with most of the restaurants, hotels, activities (you name it it's probably there) with a good index. I am sure you will have a great time.
ps Patara beach is fabulous as are the boat trips oh I could go on :) :)

Offline henty0

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments about Kalkan. I just picked up my holiday money (got a good rate of 2.8) and we have 4 days until we arrive in Kalkan - I am so looking forward to it. Will try to update daily on our adventure! xx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent Gorge

Views: 3442
By: iminei
Meis