Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where to eat?  (Read 9092 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Where to eat?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
Don't Pasha do breakfast?
tortoise lady is right about Bread and More being really close to Pasha. We haven't tried it yet but it does look lovely in there and good reviews too :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
Yes Imelda will make make a special breakfast to order.

Offline Bez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 12:21:15 AM »
Hi Leigh,

We are flying out from Manchester on the 9th June and leaving on the 24th so see you there!

Offline kavanagh123

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »
HI there,

Thought we'd add our choices.  Got to be Fez for an unusual and very Turkish menu and fab steaks.  and the merkez for brekkies.  Hope you enjoy!

Offline Blue Eyes

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »
I have just returned from a great 2 week holiday in Kalkan and missing the place like crazy already!!

There are so many wonderful restaurants there including Papparazzi, Doy Doy, Deniz Restaurant, Aubergine, Seaport, The Marina and Ozgul.

However, my favourite is a new one only just opened called Escudo. It is a lovely, intimate place which is really nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. It has such a relaxing atmosphere. The salmon in soy sauce dish was to die for!! Ismail and his family who run it are all such lovely people and nothing is too much trouble for them - some of the nicest people i have ever met.

I would definately recomment a visit to Escudo, you will not be disappointed. The cocktails are pretty awesome too!!

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
  • I long for the day when I return to Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »
Hi

I currently here in Kalkan with six friends yesterday we went to Fener bar on the harbour and it is fantastic, great service, great food and jaw dropping setting.  Definately give it a go for breakfast/lunch.

JX
Janie Q

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 08:54:49 AM »
Hi Blue Eyes
Where abouts is Escudo?

I have just returned from a great 2 week holiday in Kalkan and missing the place like crazy already!!

There are so many wonderful restaurants there including Papparazzi, Doy Doy, Deniz Restaurant, Aubergine, Seaport, The Marina and Ozgul.

However, my favourite is a new one only just opened called Escudo. It is a lovely, intimate place which is really nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. It has such a relaxing atmosphere. The salmon in soy sauce dish was to die for!! Ismail and his family who run it are all such lovely people and nothing is too much trouble for them - some of the nicest people i have ever met.

I would definately recomment a visit to Escudo, you will not be disappointed. The cocktails are pretty awesome too!!

Offline Blue Eyes

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »
Hi

Escudo is just down the hill from Gourmet on the right hand side.

It is situated up an alleyway with a sofa and couple of tables outside and has a ladies boutique next to it.

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »

Thanks
We will try it next week when we arrive

Hi

Escudo is just down the hill from Gourmet on the right hand side.

It is situated up an alleyway with a sofa and couple of tables outside and has a ladies boutique next to it.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Eden Garden isn't open this year.  :(

Offline Bez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »
Thanks everyone!

So many recommendations, if only we could try them all!

Our wedding is on Friday and Kalkan on the 9th.

So excited!

Offline leesyloo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
Been coming to Kalkan for several years now & have tried many of the fabulous restaurants.  Don't find any of them pushy at all if you say no thanks in town or down on the harbour they're ok with that.  Absolute favourite is Seaport Restaurant on the harbour, good for a lazy lunch when we're on the beach the the evenings watching the sunset is lovely & romantic.  Food presentation & quality has definitely got better this year, highly recommended.  We always end the evening on the comfy sofas with one of the many cocktails (10 lira....excellent price!!)

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
  • I long for the day when I return to Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 08:13:38 AM »
Hi Bez  I'm currently on holiday in Kalkan at the moment you cannot go wrong at Sofra, Cafe Ev for evening meals and for breakfast the best Full English is at Cafe Vita (also great BBQ), cafe Fener on the harbour is also good for breakfast/brunch.  Avoid the Jazz night at Kaptan on Kalamar Rd the service was extremely slow and waiters quite rude.

I hope this is useful for you, enjoy aswe are loving Kalkan.

Janie xxxx

Offline Ryss

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
congrats bez :)

you will have a memorable time in kalkan! i concur with blue eyes, escudo was my favourite restaurant in kalkan - great food, elegant thoughtful setting, and ismail and the guys there are so welcoming and lovely! food, service and ambiance is suberb. after escudo, my other restaurant of choice is the nar - great food and service there also.

merkez cafe is great for breakfast/snack - loved sitting right outside the cafe so i could sip that wonderful orange-pom juice while gazing down the street out onto that brilliant sparkling sea!

enjoy :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal