Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Path to Komurluk from the town beach  (Read 2608 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Path to Komurluk from the town beach
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:05:22 PM »
There's an article on KTLN which states that work will be starting tomorrow to remove the rock fall at the far end of the town beach. Sadly the Belidye is recommending no-one uses the path from the beach to Kormurluk for safery reasons and the work is merely to clear the beach in readiness for the new season. I understand they are waiting for a report from central government about the safety of the cliff face and are taking the neccessary precautions but I for one will really miss that little part of Kalkan :( I know it was only new for last year but I felt it really enhanced the area, extending the beach and makng the walk to Komurluk really pleasant we used it loads last year - such a shame! I certainly don't want to be squished by a falling rock but I hope in time they will be able to re-open this walkway.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9214.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Path to Komurluk from the town beach
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »
Kalkan4eva, I feel sure they will make the path to Kormuluk safe as quickly as possible.    We haven't been to Kormuluk itself but last summer had a delightful stroll along the path to where it turns upward.   The new pathway and seating along there were a great asset to Kalkan and must be a real bonus for those staying at that end of town.

I certainly won't be using that path until it is declared safe but will look forward to going back along there in the future and taking advantage of the seats overlooking the harbour.

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
Had a look at this problem yesterday from bth the beach and Komerluk.  There are some rocks the size of houses that came down and at least 4 ended up on the beach or in the water.  Where the cliff broke away there are fissures and overhanging rocks and I would be surprised if anyone judged the rock face safe anytime in the near future.  So I won't be walking, sitting or swimming anywhere near that area.  Really a pity.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
What a shame....really enjoyed walking along there from town to Palm Beach last year and how sad for the bar that was near the children's playground....it seemed to be a meeting place for local families.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
thanks for the "live" report, Anne. I don't think the Belidye will let anyone use the path until they've had the structural survey from central government and I'm assuming that won't be anytime soon :( I hope they get the beach cleared and a new hut re-sited in time for the new season. A real shame about the playground too as it was only new :( :(
We loved to sit at the steps and look back towards Kalkan - often with local people for company - so I think the loss of the area will impact more on the resident community than us tourists.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:34 AM »
People are usıng the path,sitting on the beach,allowing chıldren in the playground and climbing over the fallen rockface!!!! Work has been goıng on for some days now to break up and remove the fallen part......wonder what wıll happen next?? (the securıty tape fell down on the first day and has never been replaced although there is a warning sign there).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Path from Palm Beach

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post May 15, 2010, 07:35:34 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Town Beach

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2019, 05:21:33 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Town beach

Started by Potter on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post May 26, 2011, 08:48:30 PM
by misty
xx
Town Beach

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post May 31, 2014, 02:19:11 PM
by baclava

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal