Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Very scary story  (Read 6576 times)

Offline petergardner

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Very scary story
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »
Hello There,
I am considering buying in Kalkan but have heard a really scary story,a guy who has bought there was unhappy with the agent he used and said so on this site,nothing to bad just that she had failed to do what she was supposed to do and that he overpaid for a security system
that she had recommended ,really nothing much just warning other people to watch out ,then apparantly some soldiers arrived at his house and he had to go to the station to make his statement and the agent had told them it was slander,he had to have a lawyer present and it took quite a time,anyway he had a word with the husband of the agent who he knew and this person called the soldiers again and he had to go in again because the husband made allegations that this guy had slagged of Turkey and the people and now it was serious as this is not a good thing to do in Turkey so he had to go in again,
I have heard though that some shopkeepers next door to where the husband works overheard what he really said and it was the other way round he was saying bad things to him ,but the husband knew this would cause this guy big trouble as he told him he had made a big enemy,apparantly this person is going to sell up as he does not want the bother,has anyone heard anything about this ,is it true if it is a little frightening !!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8769.0

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Very scary story
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »

My advice would be hire a good solicitor (of your own choice) and you should have few problems with buying, this is what
you pay solicitors fees for, to iron out the sort of problems you mention. Make sure your solicitor is well versed in turkish property law.

Offline EK Tech Support

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »
EK Safety

Our systems have detected that this topic is from the same IP address as a previously removed post by a different user account also with a post count of 1.

The content of this post should be read with caution and is currently under consideration for removal.

Offline KEP

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Very scary story /FAKE ENTR
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »
Please consider what EK SAFETY has said about this post. Thank you.

"EK Safety

Our systems have detected that this topic is from the same IP address as a previously removed post by a different user account also with a post count of 1.

The content of this post should be read with caution and is currently under consideration for removal."

Offline petergardner

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »
This forum is very strange,I know the person who is being accused of wrondoing but I am totally independent,he told me the story of his nightmare and having known him for many years was only too happy to post this totally independent blog,take it off if you wish but truth is truth and that is all I said ,if it is proved to be true and I would wait for the outcome of the prosecuter for that decision,so whether the Ip is the same the people are different
Peter

Offline petergardner

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »
Can you please tell me why you are so quick to remove posts that warn of agents acting badly but Cosettas 30th September remarks decrying the Jandarma is allowed to stay on,I have no connection with Lever64 except as a friend and he advises me that the jandarma were courteous at all times,of course it was scary ,but this site should accept that we are trying to look after our fellow Brits ,I know that lever64 was accused of being anti Turkish by the husband of the agent and anyone who knows him would laugh at this,he has bought two houses and dealt with Turkey in business for 30years ,he is the greatest fan of Turkey and in fact bores us with how wonderful it is,but Cosetta saying bad things about the Jandarma that is bad and should be removed,
Peter

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
You have a good point Peter Gardener.  You have related what happened to a friend of yours, I have done likewise.  So perhaps both our posts should be removed.

However, I'm now getting the feeling from your current message that your friend might have expected everything to work in Turkey as it would in the UK, and without the assistance of a solicitor.   Since that isn't the case, naturally he would be upset by whatever didn't meet his expectations.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline KEP

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
Dear Enjoy Kalkan forum readers

We now feel required to tell our side of the story – the truth regarding this ridiculous scenario created by Andrew Lever.

Mr. Lever contacted our company through an overseas agent and booked an appointment to view some houses. He also viewed 10 or 15 other properties via other agents. At the end of all the viewings he liked the house we showed him and without our advice he went ahead and privately negotiated with the builders on the property. They agreed on all the terms between themselves.

As an agent, we always want to protect our client’s rights therefore we were there to prepare a goodwill contract, furniture list, payment terms to make sure Mr. Lever received exactly what he wanted. The builders were reluctant to prepare any sort of contract but we made sure that until the actual sales contract was prepared by Mr. Lever’s appointed lawyers he was protected. Whilst paying the goodwill deposit, Mr. Lever, his ex-girlfriend and both builders were there and each detail was discussed, all furniture agreed by showing pictures and agreeing item by item. In our client’s absence we followed every detail and photographed each stage and sent it to him for his approval. As an agent we did much more than our scope of work in order to give piece of mind to our client. Mr. Andrew Lever has not paid us any commission for our services; commissions were supported by the builder/owner.

Mr. Lever has a great tendency to change his mind. The builders were quite fed up with him even changing the style of the fridge freezer 4 times after each one was delivered. As an agent we made sure and negotiated with the builders all the changes on behalf of our client and we succeeded each time. When I counted the emails I received from him at the end it was over 150 and we have a copy of each of them. It was more than usual but we did not have a problem with this.

The problem was he was never satisfied with the quality of the furniture provided by the builders and he tried to blame this on our company. We do not understand why he is behaving this way for something he agreed on and which was not provided by us. We believe the reason why is that he has an ongoing relationship with the builders as he has purchased another villa from them and this is an uncompleted project and he is trying to show them how tough he is through all these false accusations on our company.

Before all these issues began with officials, whilst passing our office he would make ugly hand gestures which we felt was quite unbelievable and childish.  We did not respond in any way to this kind of behaviour. He keeps mentioning he has lots of money and will use it to destroy our reputation and we don’t understand his motivation behind this.

Last time he visited our jewellery branch he kept repeating these ugly gestures and the same kind of insulting conversations trying to provoke a reaction from us so he could have some evidence against us. He said he had recorded all these conversations into his mobile phone but the only bad words recorded were said by him. He came there with a plan! Luckily in our jewellery branch we have a security system which records everything so we did it by innocence not with an evil plan.

When he first put these false accusations to Enjoy Kalkan, the words used were terrible and the claims made were all wrong. Please put yourselves in our situation, as business owners you want to do everything right and more and someone is trying to ruin your reputation. What we did was to contact our lawyers and put a complaint against his nasty words and gestures. This will be handled in court; he would have to come up with real accusations if he is able to find one. At that time EK forum kindly removed the first post until everything is legally cleared up but this made Mr. Lever very upset and he used the same computer and obtained another nickname for the forum and kept writing. This was detected by the EK forum admins as they noticed it was from the same IP address and they decided to remove the posts. Things were becoming very childish which we did not want to get involved at this level because it has no logic. We think Mr. Lever has a lot of hatred and is continuing to play this nasty game even if it requires cheating by getting other nicknames in the forum.

This is our side of the story. We hope it was helpful to explain our position and why we did not reply until now.

With best regards
KEP

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

wink
Liverpool Love Story

Started by Kefgirl on The Everything Else Area!

1 Replies
Last post February 14, 2010, 04:39:56 AM
by HolmfirthNicky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal