Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: where to stay, first time visit  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Harcourt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
where to stay, first time visit
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
Possible first visit next year to Kalkan, has been highly recommended to us.  We like small hotels or apartment, dont need a pool or bar, as we like to enjoy evenings in town but prefer to return to a quiet place to sleep :) So recommendations please of where to stay in Kalkan, not too high up a hill  :( and not close to any clubs or noisy bars.  But walking distance to nice eating places and we do like a good Bar as long as we dont sleep next to it  ;)

Also, where are the best beaches and is a jeep recommended.  We like to explore and not just stay in the main town for two weeks.

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8619.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: where to stay, first time visit
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
We always stay centrally, Korsan Apartments, Truffle Residences and very shortly Mediterranean.....have never had any problem with noise and my other half is a light sleeper! A jeep is great for seeing the area.
Good choice, book Kalkan you will soon be smitten  :angel:

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
Small hotel in handy location for town and quiet at night is the Samira Garden.  I also enjoyed the Korsan apartments but some friends of mine visited there on my recommendation in mid-May this year and unfortunately suffered from the noise of barking dogs at night (it wasn't a problem when I was there in July last year).  Both are an easy walk into town with no hills involved, as are the Mediterranean apartments.  I hope your possible first visit will be a definite!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »
We are currently staying at Haninn Apartments - I almost don't want to tell people about this place because I selfishly don't want it to get booked up...very central and a little oasis of calm. Behind us the Asiyan Hotel looks really lovely too. We've stayed very centrally at Dere Apartments - literally 2 mins to Moonlight Bar and there are some apartments very close to Dere that are really cheap and don't have pools....a lot of the town houses on the road down from White House don't have pools either.
Patara and Kaputas beaches are both fabulous if you like sandy beaches - both can be reached by Dolmus very cheaply. We like the town beach which is stoney and the beach clubs offer a lovely alternative.
Hope you have a great stay :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Harcourt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
Thank you for the recommendations, I am looking at them all.

kalkan4eva - wow the HanInn looks amazing, so many rooms.  Looking at their apartment 1, the cheaper, are these on upper floors with any view of the sea?  Are they run by a package company or do you book direct?

Not booking anything yet, so will keep researching and thanks for the advice.  Any more ideas much appreciated  ;)

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
Harcourt, we stayed in apartment No 1 last year - it doesnt have sea views but the balcony looks over the pool, and behind you the mountains. We thought it a lovely place to stay, like a little oasis is Kalkan! Its a nice size, the air con was fab, and the windows have shutters and curtains which is lovely to stop being woken up too early by the gorgeous sunshine. You have your own outside entrance up one flight of stairs, so its first floor apartment. Hope this helps, elcee

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »
Harcourt, we booked through Owners Direct (www.ownersdirect.com) and are staying in Apartment 4. All the apartments are lovely and as elcee says are a little oasis from the hustle and bustle of Kalkan yet are incredibly central. You will deal directly Eyup who speaks great English and is extremely helpful. I have to stop recommending this place as I want to be able to book for next June.... ;)

Offline Harcourt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 10:51:47 PM »
Am I understanding here that there are only 4 apartments at HanInn? On their website I was thinking that number 1-4 were just varying types of apartments and there were several of each type.  But when Elcee mentions staying in no. 1 and Kalkan4eva in apartment 4 am I guessing there is one of each?  I would be looking at a one-bed apartment so are any of these not on the ground floor as I prefer to be higher!  Thanks.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »
I have stayed at the Han Inn complex for two years in a row - there are four apartments and Kilim Cottage (Holiday lettings - just google both) , quiet yet all set in the most intimate and beautiful garden with an enormous pool with a jacuzzi in deep shade. Less than 5 mins from the beginning of the centre (walking) and 15 secs from a reasonable minimarket for fresh bread, effes and basic foodstuffs inc. a basic deli.Holiday lettings have some good places and very central,  with plenty in the old town which is ideal for close to the action but quiet. Depends on size and configuration you want I suppose but there are several villas, flats etc just a  bit up the hill near the Korsan on Owners Direct, called Mediterranean I think,  with five shared swimming pools in a sort of complex, they sound quite nice but not too pricy.  Worth a look. Also the White House Pansiyon is very well reviewed and in a brilliant position in the old town (no pool but looks nice from the outside).  Hope you find somewhere perfect - just beware of being high up as it's a slog up the hills unless you're prepared to drive down (but parking not easy in the evening) - of course you could always get/stay fit but in the heat....  There are taxis from the end of the harbour or up near the main car park though prices have gone up recently but average we paid around town area was about 15-ytl (£5).  Happy hunting!

Offline Harcourt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
Thanks for that info Skunk, I will delve into it more.  Talking of parking, if we hired a jeep for a few days, can we park at the HanInn or on the road outside?  Also, I have only just joined this great Forum and noticed there is a street map - can you describe roughly where the HanInn is on this map?  And is the Old Town, which you mention, where most of the bars and restaurants are?  Thanks so much.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »
if you look at the street map on EK main page it is situated near number 3....the smaller green dot that is the roundabout is where most restaurants etc start although there are plenty of dotted about ones surrounding...it is niceley tucked away yet central as others have said and looks nice when my sticky beak has peered in,.....the old town(marked in pink) is a mix of shops, bars, restaurants with roof terraces and  houses in traditional turkish style many with balconys  ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:03:39 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »
We have also stayed at HanInn complex, as well as the apartments mentioned here there are also 2 privately owned villas. The complex is beautiful and has an amazing pool. I wish we had stayed at one of the highly recommended apartments as we were not happy with where we stayed - different owner. Stick with the recommendations here nad you can't go wrong.

Offline Harcourt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 01:33:29 PM »
Thanks blue lizard, i looked at the map and assume you mean the green dot no 3 with the word 'Market' and an arrow by it, on the road?  Is that road busy going out of town?  Is there parking?  And thanks Babs .... everyone seems to be rating these apartments highly but with only 4 I better get a move on or they will be fully booked!   

I have also of course realised that presumably you all book flights independently to Kalkan when staying at HanInn for instance, as I cannot find a package company who do them.  Flights seem quite expensive though but worse is the cost of taxi transfer from Dalaman  :(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 04:35:22 PM »
If there's only two of you, post on here for a transfer share...you never know. We just build the cost of the transfer into our holiday as opposed to taking it out of spends.
I think there are 5 apartments here (HanInn) as well as the cottage and the two "villas"....bit weird to call something a villa when its attached to apartments. There's one next to us that isn't on the HanInn website which has a nice terrace and is set up the steps above the pool so not on the ground level - not sure how to book that one, or if its privately owned - I'll post on here if I find out any more information.
Harcourt, Apartment 1 is lovely and is set over two floors and has a lovely terrace - its attached to "Villa" Angel.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 05:50:58 PM »
Hi Harcourt
I've sent you a message about the 'villa' we stayed in
stick with the apartments as the complex (seems wrong to call it that as its quite small) is lovely.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »

Hi there
 ;) :)I tried to send you a message earlier but it didn't appear. Parking - should be able to park just outside the gates near Kartin I would think (but check!)
It was a bit difficult to tell who owned what when we stayed there but the apartment on the first floor seemed to be owned by someone with connection to the Merkez restaurant and people were very well looked after by them.  Might be worth contacting Merkez or posting on the website.. Also, Linda at Abi travel will know www.abitravel.co.uk = she is English and they look after some aspects of the complex.  Could I suggest you also look at the KTLN website re where things are- they have a great interactive map with where restaurants, shops etc are so you will be able to see where things are - Han Inn is right beside Kartin supermarket.  The other place I thought of for you is Emir apartments - slightly higher up but the views are wonderful.  Just google.  We had a fab 2 weeks there in 2002 and they still look good.  Happy hunting and PM me if you want any more info.  Skunk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
The apartment next to us in 4 is called Visne (it's not part of the HanInn website). Nice terrace up the steps overlooking the pool which has sunbeds two parasols and a table with chairs....think its a one bedroom. I've been trying to catch the couple who are renting it to find out how they booked but keep missing them.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
The apartment next to us in 4 is called Visne (it's not part of the HanInn website). Nice terrace up the steps overlooking the pool which has sunbeds two parasols and a table with chairs....think its a one bedroom. I've been trying to catch the couple who are renting it to find out how they booked but keep missing them.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/tk731.htm
re-branded & abbreviated

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First visit to Kalkan - recommended places to stay?

Started by kharv on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post February 06, 2011, 12:41:51 PM
by Huskielady
smiley
Kalkan in November - 1st time visit

Started by freckles:) on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post October 23, 2010, 01:36:58 PM
by elainecris
xx
first time visit - end June - many questions!

Started by RosaMoline on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 10:22:54 PM
by bevilj
recycled
First Time in Kalkan, In fact - First Time Abroad Alone!! HELP!!

Started by ed2 on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 11:42:34 AM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal