Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: As green as a cabbage- me?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
As green as a cabbage- me?
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
NO!!  As green as a lime!

I'm just back from two weeks in Turkey - not Kalkan but not that far away from it.

Anyhow, our first morning was the weekly market so we got up early to go before it was too hot, to buy cheese, olives, fruit etc.  Lovely ripe figs, delicious apples, gorgeous plums & then I spotted a pile of what were certainly limes!  They were deffo limes, the right size, the right shape & they were in a heap next to green lemons so I knew they were going to be the right stuff!

"Success!" I thought, "they are available in Turkey & not too expensive - 3TL a kilo, fine".

So the booty got hauled back to the apartment & out we went again to swim & laze.

The sun came over the yard arm & it was time to crack the duty free Gordons.  Best moment of the day!  Mr. poured the gin, opened the tonic & I sliced a lime..........................

It was a green orange!!!

But it tasted just as good & I did think of all of you as I had my first slurp lady-like sip of gin!!

PS On our return journey from Dalaman to UK we ended up sitting next to Kalamar Dream - a great pleasure to meet him & have a good chat. 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8596.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: As green as a cabbage- me?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
Hi Sally,

The same to you and hubby. it was great to meet you both.    see you in Kalkan one day ?   KD.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
WHAT GREEN SCHOOL?

Started by Enişte on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 08:57:47 PM
by rat2
xx
Where to purchase a Turkish Insurance Green Card

Started by si18665 on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post May 17, 2016, 03:43:37 PM
by si18665

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal