Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel advise – Oasis, Sevgi or Caretta  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Goldilocks

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hotel advise – Oasis, Sevgi or Caretta
« on: August 19, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »

Hi everybody,

I discovered Kalkan last year and I’m going back again in 31 days and can’t wait   ;D ;D ;D! Flights are already booked but I’m still looking for accommodation (two rooms) und the time is running. I had the advice from someone here in the forum to try the Meldi but they are fully booked and now I have to decide between the Oasis, Caretta Boutique Hotel oder Sevgi. Perhaps anybody has been there…

The location of the Sevgi seems to be perfect – no need for a taxi, the price is very reasonable but the rooms looks very basic. Does anybody know whether there is a fridge in the room and whether the bathroom has a window?

The Caretta looks so nice and I love the own beach club just in front of the hotel. Here I have the same question: Does anybody know whether there is a fridge in the room. (Yes, I know, it’s not existential but I love it to have a cold drink – may be even an Effes – in my room when I dress me up for the night out. Or when I have to make the hard decision which hand bag and which flip flops I should wear...  :laugh:) Another point is whether it is advisable to walk back to the hotel on the gravel road at night…

Has anybody been at the Oasis? I couldn’t find their website, just the information on booking.com and Anatolian Sky… I’m looking for any helpful comment or experience.

I’m already contacted the Pasha, Samira and the Asiyan too, but Pasha and Samira are fully booked and the Asiyan doesn’t answer.

By the way, if my English sounds a little strange it’s because it is not my first language (guess where I am from…  :) )

Best regards and thanks in advance to everyone.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8368.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Hotel advise – Oasis, Sevgi or Caretta
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »
Don't think Oasis has opened this year. Can't help you with the others as i haven't stayed in them.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
Hi Golilocks, we did some research whilst we were in Kalkan last October, as we had selected Sevgi as a hotel for a short break. The price advertised was very cheap. Great location, nice pool area but very enclosed.

It is a simple, very basic hotel and the larger, family rooms were OK, with tiny balconies. It was very quaint but for us it was just too basic but excellent value for money for a short break.

Cheers

Antler

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
Hi Goldilocks I know u said you had tried Samira but have you tried Samira Garden we stayed there in June lovely hotel close to town (5min walk max) very very clean freindly and reasonably priced I have direct email contact it you need PM me and I send it to you Banu is manager and very nice too.
Chrissy

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »
Oasis is closed this year. Have you looked at the Lykia, very nice set up but not sure you can book independantly.

Or if you want a fridge / kitchen etc have a look at this link  http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g297964-d1777467-J2_Mediterranean_Apartment_Central_Kalkan-Kalkan_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

PS I have no relationship with these places they are just good easy locations
Carpe diem

Offline countcatula

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »
Hi

I have just returned from Kalkan and spent 2 beautiful weeks at the Caretta.  It does not have a fridge in the room, but is only 8 minutes walk away from the harbour.  The rooms are exceptionally clean and the wet room, air con and the family run hotel is fantatsic!

The beach club is probably the best club I have visited, and knocks spots off the Yali.

You will not be disappointed by staying at the Caretta, I will be writing an indepth report soon on here of the hotel and all of the 14 restaurants we visited.

watch this space!

Meow

Cat

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:30:49 PM »
As a previous owner suggested why not try an apartment.....there are lots to choose from on owners direct and holiday lettings......we always book an apartment rather than a hotel....there is always a fridge and a kettle available but absolutely no reason to self cater!  :laugh:
With all the wonderful restaurants to choose from the only benefit I can see of a hotel is that they provide breakfast, if you choose an apartment/villa close to a shop then the morning stagger to collect delicious fresh bread, fruit, cheese etc becomes an enjoyable part of your holiday 'routine'  :laugh:

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
I agree with the other posters, an apartment is a good option and in my experience it can be a very reasonably priced option. When you make enquiries especially near the date and you ask for their best price you usually get a really good deal. You also have the advantage of the accomodation having all the equipment you'd need, a fridge for instance and air-con and normally the use of a pool and of course the extra living space. We either book an apartment or a villa just for the two of us and as there are so many places to eat whether you want a slap-up meal or you're on a budget there's something for everyone. Hope you find the accomodation you are looking for and have a great time  ;D.

Offline Goldilocks

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »
Hi everybody,

A late 'Thank you' to everyone who answered me...

Unfortunately I had to cancel my long waited holiday because I had a slipped disk and I’m just back home from hospital after two surgeries and weeks of pain  :( (that’s why I didn’t answered, sorry).

It was really heartbreaking  :'( :'( when I cancelled the flights etc. but there is still a very little spark of hope that I can go a week at the end of October...! And if not, I hope Kalkan is waiting for me until next September.

Thanks a lot.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »
Oh you poor thing :'( What a rotten thing to happen. Hope you're well on the mend now and maybe still manage to go next moth. If not Kalkan will definitely still be there waiting for you when you're back to full health :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
What rotten luck for you.  Life is a b---h sometimes  :o.  I remember booking a holiday to Rome a couple of years ago and having to forgo it through being ill. However missing my annual fix in Kalkan would be even worse.  The taxi drivers are really good in Kalkan and will take you even short distances if need be.  I have arthritis and took a stick this year and the drivers were brilliant.  Hope you get there in October.  8) 8) 8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Caretta hotel (caretta boutique hotel)

Started by SoozieB on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post April 04, 2012, 08:36:47 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Sevgi Hotel

Started by LovesKalkan on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post February 22, 2011, 04:15:09 PM
by littlelin
xx
bellamonte hotel or sevgi hotel?

Started by francesca on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post April 04, 2011, 10:54:39 AM
by tortoise lady
xx
Caretta Boutique Hotel

Started by countcatula on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post July 16, 2011, 12:34:57 PM
by countcatula

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kim

Views: 854
By: Kim
Views of Kalkan