Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Restaurant recommendations for our 4th Kalkan holiday?  (Read 4146 times)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
Restaurant recommendations for our 4th Kalkan holiday?
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »
The suitcases are out of the loft, the pile of sun cream and toiletries in the corner of our bedroom is growing and I'm making lists with a vengeance.  It can only mean one thing......12 more sleeps till Kalkan!  This will be our 4th visit and, although we have many favourite places to return to (Fez, Nar, Mussaka among others), we have a list of previously untried places we can't wait to sample:

Adam's
Cafe Ev
Gourmet Terrace
Fener Cafe

Adam's is still on the list from last year so that's definitely number one :)

Anywhere else we should also try to get to? 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8474.0

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Restaurant recommendations for our 4th Kalkan holiday?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »
Fantastic.
We also only have 12 sleeps to go. It will be our 2nd trip to Kalkan this year and can't wait to try some different restaurants also. I'm only hoping it is a bit cooler than it was at the end of June.

We will prob try (as we ran out of days last time)

Mousakka
Gironda
Barharat

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »
Hi hodstar :) Baharat is another of our faves, great food, service and views.  I'm sure you will love it.  We've never eaten at Gironda either, that's another one for us to check out.  I wish we could go twice a year.....maybe one day!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
Moonlight Restaurant for dinner on the terrace and Omar's Kitchen for lunch are definitely worth a go too.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
Ooh, Moonlight....we noticed that last year.  You don't hear much about it on here and I'd forgotten about it.  That's not far from where we're staying so will try and fit that in too.  Agree about Omar's for lunch, lovely place.  Reminds me a lot of the kinds of places we used to eat on family holidays in Turkey and Greece when I was little in the 80s and 90s :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 12:31:38 PM »
Can recommend Chapter One, Mussaka by the harbour a definite and also Zekis La Terrazza if you fancy pasta one night.
Have a lovely holiday!
Nicky

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:40:29 PM »
Sandal at the side of the harbour has wonderful food and a great view which is a bit different to the other views as from their upstairs terrace you look across to the town, down the harbour and over the harbour breakwater and out to sea,. It's our favourite and is often missed by visitors as it sits a bit apart from the other restaurants and people generally don't walk past it in the evening. The chef worked in Istanbul with a renowned chef is a fantastic cook.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions - quite a few places we've not been to before have been mentioned so we'll have to check out the menus and fit in as many as we can into our 2 weeks! 

Nicky - we will definitely try Zekis as I always fancy pasta on a couple of nights and since Ilban moved/merged/whatever they have done, I can't get my favourite pasta dish any more (Roasted aubergine and feta...mmmmmm).

Kalkan Regular - you're right about Sandal being overlooked, I've hardly ever heard it mentioned either when in Kalkan, or on this forum.  I actually wasn't sure if it was just a bar or a restaurant.  We will have to take a look as it would be nice to try somewhere with different views :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
Agree with the other must do's Mussakka at harbour and Gourmet we also had really good nite great food and service at Kalamaki on the upmarket side. If u want a really nice cheapie with delicious food try Ramis we have had 3 good nites there the chicken livers to start are gorgeous at only 9 lira 90 if i remember correctly.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
Thanks Chrissy.  Is Ramis the one near Cafe Zula??  I seem to remember looking at the menu one night last year and intending to go back but not having time!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
Yes it's opposite Zula ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 06:21:13 PM »
Would highly recommend Olive Garden (above Mercez) Book a table so you get the best view. Unbeatable in my opinion, but not often mentioned on here. A real treat!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 08:23:54 PM »
Oh I missed Olive Garden off my list, I knew I'd missed something!  Yes, we want to try there too :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Really enjoy a night at the Olive Garden. The menu hasn't changed for a while and is just that little bit different from most of the restaurants in town. Olive bread is heavenly :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
...and free desserts at Olive Garden ;D One of our favourites.
Cheap end - Oz Adana is very hard to beat for price and quality - great takeaway service too.
White Table is a new restaurant at the harbour but the prices are very reasonable - it does posh burgers, some pasta dishes and nice wine.
Cafe Leon - best cakes in Kalkan  :)
Gourmet is a real treat - Enjoy ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 12:07:19 PM »
Thanks everyone!  Lots of new places for us to try in between visiting our old favourites.  The free desserts sound good, as do Cafe Leon's cakes.  Got a horrible sinus infection to shake before we go so think I deserve some nice treats when we get there! 

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
Yeah ramis is opposite Zula nice to have a pre dinner drink in Zulas too, haven't had a steak or anything like that in there just casseroles for mains but very tasty and cheap, can't be compared to the others like Gourmet and Mussaka. If you are looking at this Murat - mind your own business!! haa haa sorry folks thats a private joke!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »
Hi JenJen

We enjoyed Kaya and Marina both times we have been to Kalkan and this time Kaptan was very nice, especially the ambience. Doy Doy was also yummy.

You must try and get to Adams, he and his family are so welcoming. We arrived to hugs from his lovely daughter even though we had never been there before. The food was delicious and the view amazing. Just watch out for the flying critters after dusk!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Hi Lizilu,

Thanks for your suggestions. We've never been to Kaya or Marina...I can't believe how many places there are we've still not tried.   Really looking forward to Adam's and those amazing views!  We've been past it several times on the way to Kas and always intend to pay it a visit but always seem to run out of time.  10 more sleeps  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara Beach

Views: 3670
By: jen
Mmmm, Chillies