Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How busy is Kalkan at the moment?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
How busy is Kalkan at the moment?
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
Just wondering how busy Kalkan is at the moment as it looks pretty quiet during the day on the webcam. It was quieter when we were there the end of June beginning of July more than previous years and the bar/ restaurant owners were also commenting about it too and the drop in trade. We don't mind it quiet just as long as there are enough people to give it some atmosphere in the evenings. I wonder if Kalkan is feeling the pinch or all Turkish resorts, even so all the Dalaman flights when we travel and some of the following weeks have been fully booked for some time. Just curious really to hear from members who are out there at the moment.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8353.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: How busy is Kalkan at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »

Got back yesterday after two fantastic weeks.....and yes everyone is saying its very quite this season and it did seem very quite at times...holiday report to follow when my simple but faithful PA sorts it out  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
Have to agree with Misty - considering its August we've found it incredibly quiet compared to our previous experience and reports about last year. Even though its quiet, I still didn't manage to bump into Misty whilst he was here :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:38:01 PM »
I wonder whether it will get any  busier in Sept/Oct when temperatures and prices are a little lower?  We booked our apartment much earlier this year than usual and struggled to find availablity in our price range for the last 2 weeks of Sept.  We usually leave it a lot later but have more choice. 

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
Have to agree with Misty - considering its August we've found it incredibly quiet compared to our previous experience and reports about last year. Even though its quiet, I still didn't manage to bump into Misty whilst he was here :(

I did try a few people in the Moonlight asking if they were K4E they all thought I was mad I thought about hanging around the handbag shops  ;D ;D.....I spent most of my evenings in the silver shop next to Geronda's...OH purchased so many larger items we have had to have them shipped home.....should arrive next Monday..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

I stand corrected the shop I'm talking about is called Memik....Hand crafted engraving on beaton copper etc...OH purchased a 90 year old massive round tray which Memik has enhanced with his own work.....should arrive in the UK next Monday  :) 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:27:32 PM by misty »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
Our paths may have crossed as we spend a lot of time with Halit in Just Silver ;D ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

He is such a nice guy....nothing is too much trouble.....I was going to ask Jimmy at Geronda's for a job as a greeter as I spent so much time standing outside talking to him  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 12:38:16 PM »
Thanks for your replies. Jenjen interested to hear your comment, we only booked a couple of weeks ago for the first two weeks in September and also had really difficulty in getting accomodation within our budget for a second holiday. Maybe this is an indication that it will be busier later in the season. Not bothered how busy it is really, we'll love it as usual!! Cheers.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is Kalkan less busy this week?

Started by Alfaman on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 01:14:25 PM
by Legionaire
xx
How busy is Kalkan in August?

Started by popps on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Kalkan busy for summer season.

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post February 10, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Anyone in Kalkan at the moment?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2009, 11:54:42 AM
by lucasvdb

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan kittens

Views: 3192
By: saskia
face wash