Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Live music Bars etc..  (Read 2659 times)

Offline SueBuzz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Live music Bars etc..
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »

Anyone know if there are any live music bars or restaurants .............. do tell  :0)

Thank you

Sue

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8189.0

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Live music Bars etc..
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:05:43 PM »
The Nur Hotel has live music. I spoke to Baris and he said a very good band would be playing on Saturday evenings from June. His own band Mojo were playing on Thursday evenings and sometimes he has Turkish music. Pop in and talk to them, they have posters outside advertising the live music as well. The Kaptan has occasional live music and very good recorded music playing, and also Kaptan Wine and Tapas Bar. Other restaurants have solo or duos playing to diners on various evenings. Info usually outside restaurants.  What sort of music do you like?

Cheers, Allan.   8)
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:20:38 AM »
Parc Kalkan also has live music on a Sunday.

Offline SueBuzz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
Hi Allan

Yes we know Baris and the Nur, stayed in his apartment in April, had a fab time at his BBQ and music night on the Thursday - shame it was the night before we were due to fly home - so we were a little under the weather in the morning!   My husband Pete even had a go on the drums lol .......
Interesting to know he has a band on a Saturday as well - so we will have to give it a go.  Thanks for your info.

Sue :0)

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »
Hi Allan

Yes we know Baris and the Nur, stayed in his apartment in April, had a fab time at his BBQ and music night on the Thursday - shame it was the night before we were due to fly home - so we were a little under the weather in the morning!   My husband Pete even had a go on the drums lol .......
Interesting to know he has a band on a Saturday as well - so we will have to give it a go.  Thanks for your info.

Sue :0)
So you have a drummer husband! Is he in a band? As you can see from the photo on my posts I beat the drums as well! Whenever we are in Kalkan I always drop into see Baris and sit in for a few numbers. If you want to check out my band go to www.myspace.com/cutlooseuk    Cheers, Allan.

Offline SueBuzz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »
Hi Allan

No - Pete is not a professional musician but wishes he was.  Although he can play drums a bit he's more guitarist and currently is singing a bit, lol !! 

Through a college guitar course he met with some others and they have formed a bit of a band and performed in our local talent contest............lol didn't win of course also has done a bit of busking locally at the busking conventions.  I'm getting worried now as he's started setting up a recording studio in our spare bedroom !!  Oh well not bad for someone who is 60.

We love all sorts of music - Pete is a bit of a Floydian, Clapton etc and loves Blues - I love any music.

Can't wait for Kalkan as the weather here is dreadful - how often do you visit ?

Sue & Pete

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
Great live music in Bread And More at the botttom of the Kalamar road, the staff are great fun and manage to get everyone up for a bop. The steak was the best I think we've ever had.

Offline SueBuzz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
Thanks for that Clara - We are staying along the Kalamar Road and I do remember Bread and More when we visited in April - although it was a lot quieter then..............am looking forward to maybe a different vibe in September.  I've also heard that Cafe Vita is good - but not been to that one either .......................... yet.

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:45:23 PM »
Hi Allan

No - Pete is not a professional musician but wishes he was.  Although he can play drums a bit he's more guitarist and currently is singing a bit, lol !! 

Through a college guitar course he met with some others and they have formed a bit of a band and performed in our local talent contest............lol didn't win of course also has done a bit of busking locally at the busking conventions.  I'm getting worried now as he's started setting up a recording studio in our spare bedroom !!  Oh well not bad for someone who is 60.

We love all sorts of music - Pete is a bit of a Floydian, Clapton etc and loves Blues - I love any music.

Can't wait for Kalkan as the weather here is dreadful - how often do you visit ?

Sue & Pete
Only 60!  :o  Well I'm 63 this year,  beginning to feel it a bit now when I get home from a gig at around 1.45am! I guess you could call my band semi pro., we play pubs with the odd Club and private function, 3, sometime 4 gigs a month. It seems that Pete and I share the same taste in music, but once the playing bug bites, it becomes very addictive, so it looks like you will be turning into a Rock Chick Sue.

We visit Kalkan twice a year, in May/June and October. and we usually stay in an apartment in Komurluk.
Cheers, Allan.  8)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:48:32 PM by AllanChris »

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 07:57:18 AM »
Suebuzz yes Cafe Vita has a good live music night on a Wednesday, you can also pay for the BBQ. It was fantastic, the choice of starters was amazing and the BBQ food was good too, even my OH who can scoff for Wales struggled with the amount of food. The duo was very good a guy singing accompanied by a young girl on a violin. They sang a bit of everything and got it just right, loud enough to give it atmosphere but not too loud that you couldn't converse. We had a great night and would definitely go again, if you get the chance give it a try but bear in mind you need to book a few days in advance as it is very popular!

Offline virgin mary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »
couldn't wait until August to come back so we will be back with the kids next week!looking forward to visiting our favourites that we found before the season started!and looking forward to seeing a more awake Kalkan!by the sounds of it theres loads to try!can anyone tell me what the music is at Parc Kalkan it was a lovely place when we visited last. Is it the same group you've been talking about??

Offline SueBuzz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
Hey there,

We visited in April and things were somewhat quieter - they had a live music night and BBQ at the NUR hotel on a Thursday night which was great fun.  As for the other venues not sure, there seems to be alot more going on during the summer, I'm sure you'll see for yourselves when you arrive.  Not been to Parc Kalkan but I've heard its good.

Let me know if you come across anywhere nice as we are not going till Sept.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Live Music

Started by rookie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post April 13, 2017, 08:53:43 AM
by rookie
recycled
Live Music

Started by Shellage on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 10:14:05 PM
by MartynE
xx
LIVE MUSIC

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 09, 2012, 07:40:51 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Live music

Started by chezaroonie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post September 28, 2015, 10:01:50 PM
by chezaroonie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan parc bar

Views: 3733
By: craig3166
Daphne''s