Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lycian City Villas  (Read 4145 times)

Offline MARKA44

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Lycian City Villas
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
Have seen these advertised on Jewel in the Crown holidays and also Cachet travel,was thinking about booking a 3 bedroomed villa.
Could anybody tell me anything about them,their location,quality,distance to restaurants bars and beach etc. Can't seem to see many reviews for them anywhere.
In anticipation,cheers!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8047.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Lycian City Villas
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
The google map shows it higher and behind the Emir apartments and another site gives it as having the same street address as the Emir. If this is correct it is in a good location.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
There are a couple of reviews on trip advisor for these villas and Booking.com have also got some info including a map.  They are in a good position but uphill on the way back from town.  Not high enough to merit a taxi if you're reasonably fit.  About 10 mins to the harbour I should think, but longer coming back up! Enjoy - they will have amazing sea views I would imagine.  :) :) :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
We were looking at booking these last year as they were coming up really reasonably priced.  Like you, however, we couldn't find much information about them and it put us off booking.  We ended up staying in the Emir complex and had a look around for the Lycian City when we were there.  They are a bit further along the road from the Emir and slightly further uphill.  We didn't look in, but they looked nice enough from the outside! 

An easy stroll downhill into town (5 minutes to the edge of town maybe then an additional 5-10 minutes to the beach) and only a couple of minutes to the nearest restaurants and supermarkets.

The walk back up from the harbour is OK in the evenings if you're moderately fit although we had to take it pretty slow in the daytime as it's a lot more difficult in the sun!  If you have any walking difficulties or have small children, it might be a bit taxing as it does get quite steep in bits.

Offline Dawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:11:48 PM »
The location is not too bad a 10 min walk to the center of town fine on the way in but quite a hill on the way back.

Unfortunately I would be very careful when booking these villas or apartments. We booked a 2 bed villa with private pool this year and when we arrived at 5 in the morning the women who runs it "Songul" annonunced that our villa was not available, firstly she said we had cancelled then she tried to say the pool was out of action. She couldnt speak English and had to wake her son to interpret all this to us. She offered a very small apartment instead. She was very  unhelpful and unfriendly.
We were very lucky to have booked it through a company called Agni who were very angry that this had happened and sorted another villa for us to stay in.
I got talking to another family who had exactly the same thing happen to them.

Offline nitram

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
Hi

We stayed in a Villa at Lycian City in June this year and to some it up I would say you get what you pay for.
We weren't planning on going on holiday in June and were planning on having a week off at home. However as the weather forecast was rubbish we decided very last minute (a week before) that we would have a 'cheap' week away. We fell in love with Kalkan 2years ago and as we didn't have much time for researching we decided to come back to Kalkan. On our first visit we stayed in a fabulous villa but as we were on a budget this time we couldn't afford it. We started looking on the internet and as it was so last minute we were offered a really good deal for Lycian City. (a third of the price we had paid previously). So we booked it.

On arriving we had a similar issue as Dawn - Songul told us we weren;t booked in. Turned out she was looking at the wrong piece of paper but after a 4 hour flight in 30degree heat it wasn't what we needed. The villa we stayed in slept up to 8 (6+2kids) - there was 2 of us so we rattled around. Inside the villas are pleasant the decor wasn't to my taste but it was clean. The kitchen was ok but could of done with a bit more equipment oh and a cooker there is just a hob. (tip if you do go take some large glasses drinking G&T out of a thimble is never going to have the desired effect). We also had an issue with hot water (there often was none) we mentioned this several times to Songul and she just didn't seem to understand. The whole place felt more like it was run as a business rather than you were staying in someones much loved holiday home. As we kept saying all holiday there is nothing wrong with it, it just isn't Villa V!!!

The pool was of a good size however the area around the pool was a little cramped and if the villa had been full I suspect you would have been fighting over sun loungers. Also although surrounded by pleasant gardens the views from the pool were of an area of scrub land and them some half built apartments. The views from the roof terrace were much better but not the best in Kalkan.

In terms of location I would say it is great about 10 minutes to the harbour and not too hilly for Kalkan.   

To some up if like us you love Kalkan and you are going for Kalkan - the fantastic restaurants and atmosphere of the place then these villas are a very affordable way to get there but you will need to compromise slightly. I guess it depends whether you just want a base to discover the town/area from or will you be spending all your time at the villa? We had a fantastic time but I think it was more to do with Kalkan than the villa.

We are actually coming back to Kalkan in a couple of weeks but we're not staying at the Lycian City again as we are coming with another couple so can afford to spend a little more on the accommodation. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
villa lycian city

Started by lornaboon on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 03:46:49 PM
by lornaboon
recycled
eating out and villa lycian city

Started by lornaboon on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 04:04:58 PM
by lornaboon
sad
Bad luck City

Started by kim21 on The Everything Else Area!

1 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 04:42:21 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Lycian Way from Kalamar Bay?

Started by Adidasfish on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post October 25, 2015, 12:01:10 PM
by mark

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Trip

Views: 2644
By: Bob & Jayne
Harbour