Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tailor or dressmaker in Kalkan  (Read 8431 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Tailor or dressmaker in Kalkan
« on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:07 AM »
Hi everyone, there's a chap that sometimes sits about half way down the steep hill from the Moonlight, he has long grey hair and is sometimes accompanied by Tango, I can't remember his name, we have had the odd conversation in the past. I understand he's a tailor I'm just wondering if his business just does alterations or makes things from scratch also, I have noticed garments hanging outside. I've been fancying a nice cool maxi dress and as I'm on the small side I can't get one over here to fit me, I could probably make two for me out of the amount of fabric in them. So it would be great to be able to buy one over there either altered or even better made to measure, but I'm not really too fussy either would be great really, especially as my generous Hubby will be footing the bill Well he did offer last year to try and find out about it but we left it too late, so he can't get out of it now;D Just enquiring whether anyone has had any dealings with this chap in the past. Cheers!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7930.0

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Tailor or dressmaker in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:56:47 AM »
Hi there,
The gentleman you are talking about is called Halil from Tufanlar tailors/shop. He's is very well known and respected in Kalkan and I'm sure he would have no difficulty making you exactly what you want. His daughter Asena speaks very good English so you will be able to explain what you want easily.
If you are very slim Turkey is the place for you to do your shopping in! As many of the young Turkish girls are very petit most shops stock clothes from UK size 6 upwards (34 in Turkish sizes) some even stock size 4.
Hope you manage to get what you are looking for and have a nice holiday.
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
I've had a couple of outfits made there and have been very happy with them - good value for money.
I've found if I go in at the start of my holiday to discuss what I want, it's usually ready at the most a week later.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:00:22 AM »
Most shops will do alterations free of charge if you find the dress you like in their shop.  Alternatively I regularly bring clothes out from the UK and Belma in Belmas Butik is a great tailor for making and adjusting.  She can be found on the level street one down from the main street near the spice and light shop on the corner where Pasha bar used to be!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »
Great selection of ladies and gents clothes (and beautiful household items) in Vessila & Brako right in the centre of the old town and Clara50 some very small sizes too!!

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »

Hi!,have you also tried at home going in Next or Asda,i bought my neice's daughter a great maxi dress fom next teen section and i myself would have worn it,also i noticed some really nice ones in the teen section in Asda last week again i as an adult would have worn them on hols or at home.New look too has some nice ones. Hope this helps. 8)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
We can thoroughly recommend Halil. My BH has had linen shirts and trousers from there, made to his specification. RosiB is right, go early on in your holiday and you will have your items within days and they will also make alterations on any other clothes you buy (particularly if you are also buying from them)
Asena is lovely, always making jokes :) She calls my BH "Harry" because he's always in a hurry ;D ;D
Agree with Charlie, V&B have some really lovely clothes - not sure if they do alterations as everything we've bought from there has been a good fit.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

Sounds good what do they charge to run up a shirt and pair of strides  :D :D :D :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:52 AM »
I think it was about £70 last year for two shirts and a pair of trews...all linen :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »
Thanks everyone great advise as usual, I shall certainly be checking out all the places mentioned. I'll have to get my OH safely ensconsed in the Moonlight bar with a few cold Efes so I can shop in relative peace! Once you get him in a shop you can't get him out he actually enjoys shopping more than myself, it's a bit like roll reversal in our house LOL!!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »
I think it was about £70 last year for two shirts and a pair of trews...all linen :)

£70 !!!!! Blimey I had two suits made for less than that in Penang not long ago… :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
Without wishing to state the bleeding obvious...Kalkan aint Penang :-* :-*
Personally, I thought it was very good value for money, as my BH had very fixed ideas on what he wanted. Think the bill included something he brought from UK to have altered too.
I'm not so good on the clothes thing....but bags, I can tell you to the decimal point what we paid for them ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
Ignoring the fake crap my OH thought the bags seemed very expensive......for what they are saying that I purchased a beautiful leather holdall which has served me well in my travels....... ;) ;) ;)

And BTW in Penang I also had a curry and a shave included in the £70...there was something else on offer as well but I politely declinded  >:D :angel: >:D :angel: >:D :angel:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
The good bags are expensive, but worth the money. I've had all of mine for years and if I work out cost v usage I think they are incredibly good value for money. As 90% of designer handbags are manufactured in Turkey you can pick up some very good quality copies - don't be put off by the cheap crap you see in some shops or market stalls as not all bags are the same. If you're not bothered about lables, as Misty says there is a plethora of nice holdalls, man bags and laptop bags to be had for the discerning shopper :)

Don't get me started on the towels.....
Sorry, off topic, but I blame Misty :angel:

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »

I'm hearing the market lads are keeping up with the High Street....and they are now offering Hollister, Jack Wills etc etc  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
I have to agree that Belma is brilliant.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal