Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EK/Adda Car Hire  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
EK/Adda Car Hire
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
EK/Adda Car Hire
I returned our Car Hire to Adda a couple of days ago after a week, the first week of our stay.
Adda do not always get the best press on this forum but I thought it fair to mention our experience.
From being met at the airport as arranged to the chap loading our Fiat Albea with our 100KG of luggage with no complaint and a car that had only just over 1000Km on the clock, our experience was good.  Infact we put in 80TL of petrol at Dalaman and that got us to Kalkan and lasted for 5 days driving in and around the town! 
Unfortunately we had the misfortune of having an accident.  We were driving down the Kalamar Road and I stopped to allow a local commercial vehicle around a Dustbin truck parked on the other side of the road and with no warning we were hit in the back very hard pushing us down the street.
(Infact we stopped outside Pasha Apart Hotel and the owners Imelda and Mark were so lovely looking after us, plying us with sweet tea and biscuits they were great, we hadn't met them before but we will certainly go back soon their place looked really nice).
I have not had a shunt like that before and we both grabbed our necks and they were sore for several days after.
As it happens the driver was a local professional man (it's not correct to name him) who spoke English well and immediately admitted liability.
I rang Adda and they turned up in less than 5 minutes and sorted everything out.  We didn't have to do anything and it was touching that they were genuinely concerned about us not just the car.  We dealt with "Ozzy" the owner and a colleague who were both great.
I think we were lucky in that we had an accident with the right person but we will certainly be using Adda via this website next time and a Fiat Albea at £25 per day including tyres and windscreen cover is surely a great deal.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7718.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: EK/Adda Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 06:33:07 PM »
Hi Hummingbird

So sorry to hear of your accident, I hope you still managed to enjoy your holiday.

Im glad you were impressed with the service Adda provided. EK and ADDA have worked very hard to get things right and whilst the circumstances were not fortunate Im pleased they met your expectations.

Regards
Jon

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
Hummingbird - thank goodness you are alright and unscathed (apart from sore necks).  It just goes to show that it pays every time to use a local company, be the reviews good or bad. Well done to all concerned for helping you - that is the true Kalkan spirit :) :)

Offline Genie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
I have to say I have had a similar experience with our hire car.  I have used Adda for  car hire for the last six years.  We had an airport transfer a few weeks ago and the driver was really great, offering us water and blankets (it was a chilly night).  We really appreciated the gesture as we arrived around 4.30 am.  At the weekend I had an accident in Kalkan (my fault entirely) people gathered to help and someone phoned Adda Tours.  Their rep Aydin arrived quickly and his first priority was my wellbeing.  He told me not to worry that everything would be fine and did I need a doctor.  I assured him I didn't.  Aydin then dropped me home and even carried my shopping into the house.   Later that evening Ozgur phoned to make sure I was okay.  They could not have been more helpful and sincere.   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Adda Car Hire

Started by philb1963 on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 05:01:31 PM
by philb1963
xx
Adda Tours - Car Hire

Started by kensarrived on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post July 27, 2008, 08:25:24 PM
by PurpleYorkieLove
xx
Adda

Started by JimandSal on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post September 19, 2009, 12:02:04 PM
by rosarioguy
xx
ADDA Tours

Started by Chris_S on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post August 08, 2012, 11:28:50 AM
by tonik1945

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

A cool beer at Adams

Views: 3542
By: antler
Kalkan Bay