Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: wanting good upholsterer  (Read 3832 times)

Offline dingbat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
wanting good upholsterer
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:41:42 AM »
Wanting to recover many cushions on suit and looking for a good upholsterer , any reccomendations please

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7614.0

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: wanting good upholsterer
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »
I was wondering what sort of person puts cushions on their suit; and then I saw your username ;D

Offline MouMou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
Osman at Zeki Collection is very good cannot fault his workmanship and quality of material they stock.  If you do get him to do it, don't pay all the money up front as this seems to make the job longer, my advice is pay a reasonable deposit and you should get your cushions back at the agreed time.  Have used him for chair cushions, sun bed covers etc, umbrellas etc and know of several people who speak highly of him as well.  If you pay cash ask him for a cash discount, and his best price.  Good luck.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
I'd be wary of asking an upholsterer for discount in case he told me to get stuffed :angel: :-\
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline tuttifrutti

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:39:28 PM »
There is an excellent upholsterer in Yesilkoy-we used him 2 yrs ago and he did a wonderful job, including all cushions piped.  The price was very good too.  Can't remember his name but I'm sure if you went to the village and asked people they would find him for you.  He used to have a workshop on the main street, practically the last place on the left-opposite a supermarket.  Hope this helps.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
We had nothing but trouble with zeki collection, do a search on the forum for other posts!

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
I;m currently awaiting cushions being made by the upholstery shop at the bus station, so I'll let you all know what the verdict is when I collect them. Prices though are far better that Osman at Zeki Collection. Even sun umbrellas are 100TL cheaper.
Rosie

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 06:50:43 AM »

Is the shop under the bus station still there - someone told me last week it had gone  :o

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 10:30:29 AM »
We had major probelms with Osman it became "cusion gate" I had to thereaten a sit in in his shop to get our money back and eventually with some Turkish intervention we got it back. Of course other people have found them okay. If you do use him do not part with any money upfront and give him a date that you want it back by, and good luck! The one in Yesilkoy sounds interesting, probably get a better service and price. I have made a note for future requirments.
Isis

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
Update on my cushions -

It was a little 'hairy' as my first guests were arriving on evening of 30th April and the fabric had only just arrivede on 29th April. But the bulk of it all was finished lunchtime of 2nd May, delivered and fitted. The remaining cushions which are alterations of existing ones plus a pair of curtains was going to be finished 2days later. They also offered to wash the existing cushion covers prior to the alterations at no extra charge.

All in all I was pleased with the service I got, they did exactly what they said and kept me informed of progress. It helped that I could converse with Mustapha in French otherwise I think it might have been difficult because he speaks very limited English and his wife none.

Rosie

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
glad to hear that you got excellent service, i would only use Ozman if i wanted grey hair, an ulcer and got bored of playing Russian ruelette with an automatic pistol! ???

Offline dingbat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
First we tried Osman at Zeki who would not even bring material to villa to make a match with chair colour , he said you must pick here in the shop , we picked and asked for a price and then proceded up to bus station who had same material and came to villa to match up .
The lady made up cushions for a little over half the price than Osman and made a great job within about 1 week no problem at all .Stuff Osman

Offline dingbat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 07:28:43 AM »
Thank you everybody for your input and thank you Rosie you where very helpful indeed , i am sure your involvement with bus station was of no detriment to myself  . Jim

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 08:07:48 AM »
Great news Dingbat. I'm glad everything worked out well :) :)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 04:47:13 PM »
glad to hear that you got excellent service, i would only use Ozman if i wanted grey hair, an ulcer and got bored of playing Russian ruelette with an automatic pistol! ???

I just want to add my experience to this thread as another warning. Dealing with these people is a nightmare.
On Monday I asked for a quote for some seat pads as I was passing after a lovely time with Cenk the dentist. I was given a reasonable price and told that they would deliver them Friday 4pm. Of course they didn't arrive and I phoned Saturday morning to find out why?
Usual thing, sorry - today at 2pm. I rang at 2.45, as I needed a siesta after not getting one on Friday. "Sorry, be your house 10 minutes." 45 minutes later they turn up. However, instead of the denser foam i'd asked for, they had put some cheap and nasty stuff in and tried to tell me it was "best quality". I knew different just by squeezing it with my fingers. Ok, the delivery boys said, "bir saat."
Over 2 hours later I tried again and got the "sorry - 10 minutes" routine again. And here I sit after another 40 minutes, hoping that they will get here soon and that they have done what I asked them to this time.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the root canal treatment at Cenk's was a much more pleasant experience than dealing with Osman at Zeki's.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
IBO - as good as it gets!

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post August 31, 2009, 11:16:53 PM
by beliver
xx
VFM......still good

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post September 13, 2016, 09:54:58 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
Hi, it's really good to be here!

Started by deepasforever1 on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post October 02, 2010, 10:18:29 AM
by deepasforever1
xx
A GOOD STEAK

Started by Blue Lizard on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

36 Replies
Last post May 24, 2009, 11:32:08 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal