Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Small Boat for Hire  (Read 10803 times)

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Small Boat for Hire
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »
I was quoted £200 by Ali for Anil for a trip in September. I must admit I was rather surprised at the size of the increase, but it seems good value compared to £300 quoted to Kalkan4eva!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »
We've gone with MS Muddy - the cheapest we could get at £200 (including birthday cake ;D). Osman quoted the same for Yildiz 2 or 3, but that was before the tax had been levied and I didn't want to hold him to that price in the peak weeks of August as I'm sure he could sell his boat trips many times over. alantj, I can't remember which of the quotes was £300, I have a good idea but because I'm not certain I wouldn't want to put people off even approaching boat owners to get quotes. I'm sure they will find it tough going this season, prices may have to come down but I don't want to take the chance of not having a boat for our daughter's 18th. We've not been with MS Muddy before but Fahti seems like a really nice guy and came highly recommended. The boat has had a refit and looks lovely so we're giving it a go. It's still a lot more than we wanted to pay but we understand why.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 08:25:02 AM »
I should also have added on my last post that the £200 quoted was for 10 persons - £170 for  persons standard quote with £15 per pers over that. I personally feel it's good value for a whole day out at sea with a great captain, fantastic freshly made food from morning coffee through to afternoon tea and cakes, lots of laughter and relaxation when you compare that to the cost of just a dinner out which may not hit the mark! I can never manage dinner after a day out on Anil because I'm so full, so that's another saving!  :)
Rosie

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »
Sorry  - the important bit got left out on last post
£200 quoted was for 10 persons - £170 for  persons standard quote with £15 per pers over that.

It should have read £170 is the standard quote for 8 persons and £15 for each extra person. This means smaller groups can be quoted for without having to pay for the extra.
Rosie

Offline Newbies

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »
Hi kalkan4eva
We have been out on MS Muddy for the last 4 years after it was recommended.  You will have a brilliant time.  Nothing is too much trouble for Fatih and the food is superb.  Dearer than last year but it seems they all are and the re-fit alone makes it's worth the extra!  Enjoy

Offline merseydave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »
We have been with Fahti for the last two years, he's absolutely brilliant. However the cost has put us off unfortunately, and with other recent posts saying some are charging £115-£134, then it becomes a no brainer really. Such a shame but I realise that Fahti has the refit costs on top of everything else, I hope it works out for him, a really nice guy with a wicked sense of humour (parked in a bay with young lads swimming in the sea, he said to us loudly, "Yes, the sharks round here are big this year!", the look on the lads faces was a joy to behold!)
Kalkan..........just ONE of the places we'll have a villa when we win the Euromillions!
Not a full time resident, but getting there!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Small boat hire

Started by carmen on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2012, 07:42:06 PM
by brian j p
xx
Half day boat trip with small child?

Started by tarheelex on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 10:00:23 PM
by Bob & Jayne
recycled
Boat Hire

Started by simonw68 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2009, 07:53:51 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Boat hire

Started by clarel on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post January 06, 2009, 11:09:28 AM
by clarel

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

"Bottoms Up" at Adams!

Views: 3401
By: antler
Fresh Garlic