Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's posts  (Read 4552 times)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Antler's posts
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Just spent a happy time looking at some of Antler's posts.     I recommend anyone who has not yet been to Kalkan to read through some (they started in 2009).    They will certainly have you looking forward to your first visit to Kalkan.   

For those of you, like me, who already know and love Kalkan and are looking forward to your next visit then do have a read through (even if you read them the first time) and you will be imagining yourself there, seeing the views and eating the food.    It was a real tonic to read some on a grey wet February Sunday in England.

Hope it won't be too long before you are back in Kalkan, Antler, and delighting us with your posts.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7400.0

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Antler's posts
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »
He does write a good post!!
Can't wait for June to get back out there, it keeps us going through these dreary wet day dreaming about that first glimpse of Kalkan bay!!
Nicky

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »
Thank You very much for the comments - you are so kind. I meant every word - Kalkan is gorgeous and what I would give to be there now!  But the new job keeps me over-employed and so I spend my time on business trips to Norway, Barcelona and Istanbul instead.

Hopefully be back to Kalkan soon, though,

All the best,

Antler

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Dear Antler, we are relying on you for our fix :D :D

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »
An Antler special in Istanbul would be a great read :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
Will see what I can do, Jon!!

3 weeks ago there, it was 7 hours in a taxi and a bar of chocolate from the room mini bar!! Hardly Kalkan!!

cheers

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 07:08:52 AM »
I made the mistake of reading my own posts in a lunch break, and before I knew where I was, Mrs A was on Owners Direct booking this cracking house opposite the Market (dead handy for those 38" shorts?) and then Mr ThomsonFly came up trumps with a socialbly timed flight out of Donny. Sorted.

So, August 26th can't come quick enough for our ten day trip to Kalkan. We need our fix.

Now, where is Captain Osman as I need to book Yildiz 2?

Cheers

Antler

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »
Hurray, Antler is going  back to Kalkan.    Some of us have been eagerly waiting for your next visit, Antler, as your blogs are so addictive.   Anyone new to this forum should take some time to look back over Antler's posts, especially if you haven't been to Kalkan before.    Or if you haven't been to Kalkan for some time his posts will have you wanting to go asap.

Have a wonderful holiday Antler and remember we will be waiting for your postings.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Preparations for August now well underway:

-  e-mailed Captain Osman to book a couple of boat trips on Yildiz II, and he confirmed straight back that we are in the diary for Day 2 and Day 7.

-  emailed Cafe Leon and booked the "Suprise" dinner for our first Saturday night there; if the food is anything like Jane's packed lunch she did for us to take to the airport, then we should be in for an amazing time - accompanied by Levant's legendary selection of music....

-  rang Adam at Adam's Place to get us on his radar, for the lunches and dinners - I can taste the "Saute of Chicken Livers with a hint of Chilli" shortly followed by a stuffed aubergine........

-  and of course, spoke to Kitty at Mussakka; which one are we going to try - the new or the old?  If I ask for my Table 31, what will I get?!  I guess we will try both.......And again.

We still have the trips to Meis and Gocek on the list, which get close to the top each holiday, only to be beaten back by another Vodka and Tonic at Chillis, Cafe's Vita or Leon.  Oh, and lunch in Berzigan??

And now, loads of days just to sit back and look forward to all of the above.......

Nice,

Antler

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »
Wahey !!! You're back...so glad to see you ! We are hoping to be back before September so you never know we might bump into you !

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:50 PM »
Now that WOULD be nice, Mrs E K!  I'm sure it was your round? LOL!!  (Sorry for absence, but the first 4 months of the new job have been demanding to say the least - and achieving KLM Gold Card status in 3 months, was not good at all!!)

So, a few V & T's in Merkez would be well good, eh?

Cheers

Antler

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
Oh, perfect timing Antler!  Every year you seem to be in Kalkan just before us and I really enjoy reading your reports to help get me even more excited about our upcoming holiday.  We're going on 16th September for two weeks so I'll be reading everything you write while I'm counting the days until we go  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Disappearing posts

Started by saskia on General Discussion

24 Replies
Last post June 19, 2012, 01:10:44 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Multiple posts

Started by 2 Bintang on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 04, 2010, 09:28:39 PM
by Wendy
xx
I do not like a members posts, can I ignore them?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Welcome & Frequently Asked Questions

0 Replies
Last post April 05, 2010, 08:00:07 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Why were all the posts about Twitter removed?

Started by Cosetta on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
by Cosetta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal