Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Be fair to the fairer sex?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Be fair to the fairer sex?
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:32:22 PM »
Although my original comment about places to watch rugby seems to have died a death on the forum, I am a little concerned that, and this could have started with the latest skygate 'sexism' scandal with Andy Gray and Richard Keays, I have been approached by a lady who demands 'that men are fairer to the fairer sex' and intends to get a majority of the Kalkan ladies to 'invade' the haunts of men watching sport on tv and demand from the owner that he switches channels to watch 'dancing on ice' coronation street or whatever strange programs are on! Although her argument is abhorrent to all red blooded males and could be treated as a joke, we cannot be complacent! Women appear to far out number men in Kalkan! We then are potentially the downtrodden sex! Our sacred meeting places, handed down from father to son are in danger? I submit a urgent plea to all men of any sporting nature to join together to stop this cancerous growth from spreading. I suggest that a determined, although secret proactive group is formed under the title 'Blokes Against Ladies Leisure Schemes' immediately! We, as a group will outline our intentions to all males living in Kalkan, that we are not a down trodden minority but men of action. We must though not let the enemy know our plans before we strike as the threat of lack of food or being made to sleep in the spare room might break even the strongest of men.

We must show that B.A.L.L.S mean business AND are not prepared to just HANG about on this issue! Join the fight now before its too late! Let all men know that when we are together we will talk B.A.L.L.S

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7297.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Be fair to the fairer sex?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »
Wally.. I wonder if your forum name is a description? :-*
I think your post is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but the absence of any smiley faces leaves it open to misinterpretation...you might want to think about that :P
I get a bit fed-up when people think only men like sport and women like dancing on ice? You're stuck in the past, mate. Plenty of men...I'm referring to those you might call "red-blooded"....also like the soaps and those programmes you obviously don't and vice versa....even when said in jest, its annoying to women who like sport. You're not doing Rugby fans any favours, IMHO ::) ::)
OOoops just fell off my soap box, damn six inch heels ;D ;D
By the way, all threads die a quick death on this forum during the winter months...only a few of us on here posting :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:33:00 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »
HaHa...Go for it K4E,my wife would agree with you on this one.
And if anyone in kalkan wants to watch rugby on tv,try the swan,if it is open,Iam sure Oz would put it on for you.  ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Wally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »
Whoops, done it again :angel: :-* :-* :-*

Must learn my little attempt for a tongue in cheek discussion does not always work but I did think that my name for the organisation and the last sentence what men talk about would give it away ;D

You are correct though that my forum name, as my lovely wife tells me, suits me perfectly, nice but dim! Anyway to all the fairer sex did not mean any insult, love women, always respect their opinions, after all did marry one! :angel:

Bye for now  :-* Will I return with yet another 'sorry'? :-X :-\

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »
Oops Wally ::)

I have to say that I thought what you said was funny and took it as a joke, but then I'm not into sport (of any kind - dancing or football) so that maybe why I wasn't offended.   :angel:
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »
Hey wally!! how was your night in the doghouse?..i heard mrs wally contacted kapsa to see about having your B.A.L.L.S removed......i fully support ladies in sport and am especially keen on ladies beach volleyball :laugh:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 08:30:46 AM »
Irony is great is it not?
Wally being told to lighten up on his Rugby thread and then this?
I took it as I wanted to and presumed it was a bit of light hearted banter.
And look no smileys!
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Be fair to the fairer sex?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post January 26, 2011, 03:03:45 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Turkey - Guest of honour at the Frankfurt Book Fair

Started by felicity on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post September 01, 2008, 09:30:59 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Trip

Views: 2771
By: Bob & Jayne
EK 70s Night