Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Airport Transfers  (Read 3089 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Airport Transfers
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »
With the current burglary problem in Kalkan, isn't it strange that people advertise for sharing airport transfers which seem to point to the fact that they will be away from kalkan for a period and that their property will be empty.
I am sure that the wrong sort of people maybe will get hold of this information for reasons other than the right ones
You may as well put a sign up outside the house ...saying gone away !!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7295.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
Re: Airport Transfers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
Only the same as ordering a taxi in the UK KevinCat - Hello id like to go for a meal for 3 hours please, dont worry my house will be empty!

Kalkans crime is much less than the UK :)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:44 AM »
Indeed Jon, but is ringing one taxi firm in the UK the same as publishing it on the Internet in a small area where the information can be accessed by many
Surely the fewer people who know the better and yes we know crime is less here in Kalkan, but it is still happening !!

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »
So Kevincat is assuming that the people responsible for the burglaries, who are according to the Jandarma, Turkish and generally poorly educated, speak such good English that they can not only read and understand the posts on the forum but they also know who everybody is on the forum even though we all use a pseudonym.  I live here full time and have no idea who most of the posters are as I don't know the pseudonyms people use.  How do those clever burglars do it?

Will

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »
I suppose the only way to answer the question is? are the burglaries happening to people who have recently left their properties unattended ie left the country and have posted that they are looking to share a transfer. I was under the impression most of the burgalries seem to ocurr during the summer (I may be wroing on this so apologies if I am) and during the first few of days of people arriving, I suppose only official stats would confirm any of this.
Isis

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »
But what about the EK Facebook site,some people use real names and even have a photo of themselves,if any tealeaves know what you look like and your name, its a lot easier to find out when you are out of your home.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
Thank you Will for your condescending reply to my post - living here full time you appear to be an expert on the situation. But as I have only lived here full time for only seven years now - should I bow to your obviously superior knowledge of the problems
If as you say the Jandarma believe that the burglars are all poorly educated Turks, why haven't they been caught, as the problem persists.
Perhaps they are not who the Jandarma think they are ??
I did not suggest that they read the Forum but there are many Turks who do and they obviously speak to others and gossip spreads in Kalkan like wildfire amongst Turks and residents
I am also surprised that you do not know which people her have which pseudonyms - most people do
But notwithstanding all of that - burglaries persist and very few seem to be solved
So why post on the Forum when you will be away - it could get to the wrong people - that is all I was saying

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »
I am glad you have clarified that.
I thought for one terrible moment that you were resorting to your tried and mistrusted "lets stir things up on the Forum to make it interesting while it has gone quiet" stratagem/trolling again. ::)

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 06:45:06 AM »
That seems a trifle harsh Joan. I can see the obvious point Kevincat was making. It also seems strange that so many people have been burgled the day after they have arrived as tourists or the day after they have left as residents. As recently as  xmas/new year people (mainly residents ) have been burgled whilst out. I am sure at some point the Jandarma will make a break through and the connections will become obvious, until then I will continue to lock my doors and not advertise that I am away.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:46:30 AM »
Joan - I hope that you were not refering to me when you said

" you were resorting to your tried and mistrusted "lets stir things up on the Forum to make it interesting while it has gone quiet" stratagem/trolling again. ::)"

I raised what I thought was a perfectly valid point - why advertise on an open Forum when you will be away from home

As Howamad says

"It also seems strange that so many people have been burgled the day after they have arrived as tourists or the day after they have left as residents. As recently as Xmas/new year people (mainly residents ) have been burgled whilst out."

Obviously burglars are getting there information from somewhere - why make it easier for them by advertising

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:04 AM »
TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BURGLED JUST A SHORT WHILE AFTER ARRIVING OR A SHORT WHILE AFTER DEPARTING. wHEN QUESTIONED WERE YOU ASKED THE NAME OF THE TRANSFER COMPANY AND THE DRIVER? iT SHOULDN'T TAKE TOO LONG TO ESTABLISH A POSSIBLE CONNECTION.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
one of those arrested and jailed last year was far from poorly educated.. partner in a restaurant for years,computer literate(tried to sell us a house via a laptop after dinner..then tried to sell us the laptop..makes you wonder if either were his!!
Kalkan is still a village and everbody knows a lot of other peoples business..so seeing lights in a previously empty villa/apartment...taxis being booked...washing out in the daytime....even to bins being used and whats in it all point to being occupied  it's virtually impossible to slip under the radar...but you can help yourself by not telling everyone where you are and what days you are doing what on....
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Rockykalamar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »
I agree with Will. I haven't got a clue who the people on here are! I could have bumped into them anywhere in Kalkan and wouldn't have known it! And vice versa!!! Ergo, we could all be the culprits! Lucky old Kevincat for knowing everyone!!! Wonder if he's done some research to come up with his conclusion "most people do" !

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
Let me qualify that to " lots of people do"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Airport Transfers

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 31, 2010, 05:42:35 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Airport Transfers

Started by Beckyboo on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post September 07, 2009, 08:47:19 AM
by butterfly
xx
Airport Transfers

Started by Annie on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post March 21, 2008, 07:05:57 AM
by villapisces
xx
Airport Transfers 2012

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post February 17, 2012, 08:51:42 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

beatiful flowers

Views: 3444
By: bewella
Kim