Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Break in Turkey  (Read 4065 times)

Offline camilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Break in Turkey
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:56:11 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm going to Turkey in two months with my sister, we gonna visit one of her friend in Kalkan, it looks amazing with the beach and everything!! i'm really excited about it!

after that, we definitely wanna head to Istanbul, with all the old civilization things, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia,.... i always loved this part of history at school so... :)
anyway, we are looking for an accommodation there, and we don't know which one is better for 2 girls: a hotel or a hostel?

my sister made some little researches and she found this out: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/turkey/istanbul/ and http://hotel.twenga.co.uk/turkey/istanbul.html

but we really don't know, it's our first trip abroad! can someone suggest us a good place to stay??

thanks a lot!

see you!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7213.0

Offline BlackSnake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Break in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
I would go for one of the two on hostel bookers - Sultanahmet is the area to stay in Istanbul as you would be in walking distance of Big Bazzar, Blue Mosque, and many other must see places, you can also get the tram down to the Bospherus river.  I always prefer the smaller hotels rather than the large ones.

You will love Kalkan.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »
why not try Antalya instead of Istanbul,lots of ruins ect ,and not as much hassle for a couple of ladies,and not as far to travel,have a look on the web,its a good alternative to Istanbul.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
When you are in Kalkan I dont know about hostels,are you on a budget ? if not go for the best you can afford,I can recommend the Swan pub,no its not as bad as it seems,great place,great owners and great position,and you will be very well looked after by Oz and his wife Sonia,or try the Samira hotel in town,have a look on thomas cook,they seem to have the best rates.

take care and have a good time.......

Offline camilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
Hi everyone!!

thanks for all your tips! :)
in Kalkan we'll stay at a friend's place, so it'll be good!

i'll check for the hostels you recommend, it's nice to know that they are centrally located, it'll be great for visiting!! :)

Antalya? maybe next time, unfortunately we won't have time to go there, and even if Istanbul is packed, it's still a place to visit! it'll be an excuse to go back again :)

see you!

Hales

Hales
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »
Hi to All.....
The article is very informative and i am searching kind of information on the web when i came across this forum and now i am quite satisfied to become the member this forum.
I am also planning to stay a while in Istanbul on my return from the business trip on Europe and find your information very helpful.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Break Ins

Started by Kim on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 26, 2009, 11:01:46 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
More break-ins

Started by teke on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 07:51:32 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
break in

Started by christopple on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 04, 2009, 05:32:05 PM
by kevincat99
xx
success after a break in!!!

Started by Hannah Smith on General Discussion

19 Replies
Last post March 14, 2010, 03:44:12 PM
by Dellbarr

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

beach

Views: 4130
By: irfan
Nur hotel