Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Security Cameras.  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Security Cameras.
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:23:45 AM »
Hi everybody, I've just been reading on KTLN about the latest council meeting where  security cameras have been discussed. Could anyone who operates these devices for a living enlighten us as to whether or not they work. It is my impression that they do nothing to stop any problems. They simply cause the problem to go outside the area viewed by the cameras. Here in England we all slow down for the speed cameras and then speed up again after we have passed them.Are there any policemen or women who could tell us.Are the local villians going to become hoodies?What do the rest of you think?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7174.0

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Security Cameras.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
over a week has now gone by and there have been no replies. Here in England we must have the most cameras of any country and that means there are a lot of people employed in this industry. Buying, installing and looking through them  Almost 200 people have viewed this article but not a single comment from any of them. I'm beginning to think that I'm right, they don't work. I started this because of the burglaries in Kalkan. I have been lucky so far and I would like to remain so, A lot of money could be spent on something that doesn't work. So come on, if the're no good then would someone who knows please say so.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:07:04 PM »
Last year my car got badly vandalised. Was only 3 days old and I was furious. It was parked beside a security camera. The damage was reported immediately and I was hopeful that something would have been caugh on the CCTV. I eventually heard from the police about 2 weeks later to be told that by the time they had got round to investigating it the footage had been wiped so nothing could be done. Now I'm not sure if they were being entirely truthful but certainly the presence of CCTV was an entire waste of time and resources >:(

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »
Perhaps the 200 viewers know nothing about security cameras - hence no replies!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »

Mt experience of CCTV cameras in the UK is that in most cases they just give you a visual image of someone robbing or vandalising your property. You need to invest in a high end system that has infra red night vision on high quality resolution or the images will be very poor. You will have the problem of in Kalkan with the villa being empty for long periods of time so motion sensors would be required and a back up UPS for the power cuts.....so you will be looking at a fair investment.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »
I'm one of the 200 who've read your post Dellbarr. So you have only got to find out who the other 199 are now!
We have cameras on all the entrances (4) to and around our town here on the south coast. The local yobs know where they are and just do their vandalism somewhere where the cameras don't cover.
It would take dozens of cameras to cover everywhere, even in a small town like Kalkan. Then there is also the cost of a control room and staff to monitor them 24/7. Not cheap even in Turkey. Having said all that, I think that there is a deterrent factor in having them as long as they are kept operational. My only worry is that with the pickings being so potentially good in Kalkan, this may draw the sort of people who would be prepared to give it a go.
With face recognition software, strange faces and those with a record can be identified quickly and number plate recognition can pick out and identify 'foreign' cars. But does Turkey have this technology and would the belidye have access to it?
I guess what I am saying is, it's a good idea but can never make it 100% secure. Just look at how many times the Kalkan webcams go down.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Alarms and/or security cameras

Started by TCTRAVELLER on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 05:07:24 PM
by Cosetta
xx
A security tip

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 06:34:57 AM
by dalemill16x
xx
Security at gatwick

Started by Lynne T on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post May 27, 2013, 07:55:53 AM
by Lynne T
xx
Security and cctv

Started by chickengeorge on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 22, 2015, 09:50:30 AM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal