Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: BURGLARIES  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Stanley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
BURGLARIES
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:42:38 PM »
I just wondered how many burglaries there had been last year. My parents were broken into and on the same night the burglars did four villas in Kisla. When we were there in August we also heard of many other burglaries and I think this should be publicised so that the Jendarma and to be honest the mayor and whoever do something about it. They have to realise that if it is known that Villas are broken into in Kalkan that it is bad for business and they need to clean it up.

I think that the sooner we make this a serious subject the better and I think EVERYONE who has been burgled should tell everyone and get it out in the open. Only then will it be dealt with. 

What does everyone think.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6589.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: BURGLARIES
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »

If you enter "burglaries" in Where it says search with the little magnifying glass icon above...you will see numerous threads on this subject..it has been discussed openly on the forum and has always been treated on here as a serious subject...have a look through...... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:16:14 AM »
Stanley - when you were here in August, just How many did you hear about?
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Em

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 03:42:04 PM »
Break In Kitziltas Early October, not sure yet of the exact date, my guests arrived Kalkan 1st Oct for a fortnight.

My Managing agent sent me this message: 

Someone entered from the first floor balcony by using a screw driver to prize open and lift the bedroom door, the thieves took turkish lira, GBP and Euros nothing else was touched. The Jandarme came up and we took the guests to the office to make a statement and get a crime number document for their insurance.

Apparently it was in the first couple of days of arrival.
1st break in we have had since owning the villa, we bought in 2006. (not that, that is any consolation to my guests!)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »
This subject is taken very seriously by the Jandarmes, locals and others.
There is a meeting to discuss this topic on Thursday 28th October..........more details on KTLN
Joan

Offline Em

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »
Did anyone go to the meeting on the 28th?
Any news /info to share ?

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post

Offline Em

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »
Thanks Charlie

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 07:58:16 AM »
We were told that PVC windows and doors can easily be pryed open or lifted out of their frame as these thieves apparently did.  We instead had a carpenter make our window frames and shutters instead. There are little pins or hook locks that you can have put on PVC windows and doors to prevent them from being lifted out of their frame.   These are commonly used in Spain.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Stanley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »
It was good to hear from the new head of the Jendarma in the KTLN and that atleast sounds positive although if you have ever been burgled then it is always a little after the event.

Anyway I was asked about August 2010 when I was there for the whole month and heard of 4 burglaries and indeed 2 girls who had been burgled twice in two weeks - what a great holiday they must have had.

I am pleased that it being taken seriously because it affects the way I think about Kalkan and I love the place dearly and certainly my wife and family are influenced by the number of burglaries - it just does not make you feel as comfortable and ruins the beautiful feeling that I have of Kalkan. Anyway lets hope that the Jendarma can help and if everyone does their bit then I am sure we can help to cut down the number of burglaries.

I hope this post was useful.

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »
having been broken into more times than I care to remember, you really have to do your utmost to protect your villa's and your guests, we had iron railing put on all doors and windows, but these were somehow prized off, taking huge parts of the wall with them, we had balcony doors taken off their hinge's and pvc windows also prized open, we now have all windows with 2 of the inner locks as mentioned above on each window and door, as well as the metal shutters and we have put in an alarm, but we are still not sure if we feel 100% safe.  These break-ins are it seems on the increase and apart from it being taken seriously there must be measures and procedures put in place to deter thieves as this upset  will affect tourism.

Offline Stanley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
Sorry to be negative but this subject wont go away until the authorities in Kalkan actually deal with the problem. I am aware of more burglaries with one in October of a large Villa where they took everything including a large safe etc. In another Villa that had bars etc they cut the bars off in January and took away a 150kg safe.

This is very serious and to cap it all I read a very nice article on Kalkan saying how nice it was etc and everything that we adore the place for and then at the end of the article there was pro's and con's and the last con was "burglaries on the increase" Obviously this is now common knowledge and if I was a prospective tourist or purchaser then this would be very off putting to say the least.

Does the Mayor know about these issues and certainly he and or all of the tourist businesses need to get together and get this cleared up before it starts to affect their livelihood.  ???

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
has anyone ever thought about where the articles like the one Stanley read get the info about" burglaries on the increase" in Kalkan,maybe it is from sites like EK,If so,everyone posting about the burglaries could be making people think Kalkan is a place full of crime,just a thought.    :-\
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 05:18:03 PM »

I don't think it pays to brush it under the carpet...if its not addressed then God forbid we may see the same escalation as in popular parts of Spain where violent street robberies against the person are common place etc etc

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »
I agree with you Misty,it seems there has been a bit of a step up in the last 12 months,and KTLN says the jandarme are thinking about cctv on the roads in and out off Kalkan,so they can spot number plates and then trace the cars,and if as Stanley says,if huge safes have been robbed a camera could spot a car that has a big lump in the back seat.

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »

we got broken into again yesterday,  we had locks fitted at the end of October but they smashed a window so weve just decided to get iron on windows but after reading this is it worth it! 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
BURGLARIES

Started by Hannah Smith on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 10:26:37 PM
by Cosetta
xx
More Burglaries

Started by soprano on General Discussion

42 Replies
Last post August 14, 2012, 02:18:42 PM
by davenottm
xx
Burglaries

Started by anne41 on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post September 23, 2012, 01:58:51 PM
by TalkTalk
xx
Burglaries

Started by alantj on General Discussion

84 Replies
Last post July 18, 2009, 09:47:10 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

IMG_2422_JPG.jpg

Views: 2687
By: PaulineBurns
Kalkan Area Map