Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gorge, trout and Tlos  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Gorge, trout and Tlos
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
Hi guys, had a good few days, mainly lounging round the pool I confess, we love the town atmosphere, had lunch by the lighthouse tasty and good servings, another meal at Bade, Rich loved the steak so much, today done the Saklikent, Yakapark, and Tlos tour, really enjoyed it the gorge was great the water freezing but then to chill out with a coffee by the river superb! yakapark OK thought I would Like the fish swimming by the bar but they looked abit well worn by the tourists so not a good thing, especially when one made a bid for freedom, or was it a suicide attempt? And Rich scooped it up and put it back in the channel on the bar. A nice setting otherwise, until Rich fell apparently multiple tasking, and now has some classic grazes and bruises, hope this doesn't threaten the market tomorrow and Patara beach Friday. Otherwise all good lazy days watching bougainvillea float across the pool and listen to the haunting sound of the mosque resonate around the bay Bliss !
Lindy and Rich

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6448.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Gorge, trout and Tlos
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:55 PM »
 :o Hope he's ok! Sure you'll go on to love the market tomorrow and the rest of your holiday :)

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »
Hi Lindy.......we enjoyed saklikent and tlos last year and like you, only thought the trout farm was only ok. We stayed for lunch but the trout was not great, it was well overcooked, it looked as if had just been deep fried with the chips. I believe there are many better trout restaurants up there and we shall try them next year. Had some excellent ones in town. In your last post I replied about your little cat, have a look if you get time (eating and drinking better use of time) I would be interested if it was the same one we had. Cheers Ray

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »
Hi Lindy, not at all jealous of you as i sit writing this on a wet afternoon and it's quite dark here as well as it's raining so hard!! Enjoy the rest of it!
Nicky

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »
Hi Lindy & Rich
A great mix of lounging and exploring!
Hope you had a great day today at the market and enjoy tomorrow at lovely Patara ... the salt water will soothe Rich's bumps and grazes, and the sound of the surf will quiet the soul ... mmmmm

Please keep up your diary posts, (as long as it doesnt interfere with that Kalkan vibe) it's lovely to hear news from a little piece of paradise!

Thanks!
Lori

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:16:22 PM by lorilou »
if you can walk you can dance

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 07:02:39 PM »
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies, I will put some photos on when we get home, so Ray you might tell if our little feline friend is the same, she is so cute and loving we give her cat nibbles with a milky chaser, then she jumps on our laps for a big fuss, can't you tell we are missing our cats from home? Rich has some bad bruises and is hobbling abit but managed to make the market, but no pool olympics this afternoon! Just nipped for a drink and pizza at the Samira, very friendly nice pizza and within hobbling distance!, got some great sunset photos tonight, but then you all know these Kalkan sunsets. Bye for now Lindy and hoppy Rich and Minnie mee the cat

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:26:58 AM »
Hi Lindy....which apartments did you stay at?

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
Hi Ray,
We are staying at villa Lucia it's in-between the samira de lux and the mediteran, Minnie mee as we call her joined us for a BBQ tonight she sat patiently on a drinks trolley while Rich did the man BBQ thing and was rewarded for her patience with chicken and lamb.
She only looks a young cat look out for my pics when we get home.
We went to Patara beach today, we took a picnic with Efes for Rich and Mariachi for me, a lovely beach if you move away from the throngs, and lively waves to play in.
Bye Lindy and Rich

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »
Hi Lindy.............its a different villa and therefore a different Puss. Just sounded like the one we had. We went to Patara a couple of weeks back, lovely beach. We wanted to go fishing down near the ruins but it was so overgrown we couldn't get near to the water so we just had to go back to the pool and an ice cold Efes.........its a hard life. Wish I was there you lucky people. Enjoy. Regards Ray

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal