Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: August in Kalkan  (Read 2523 times)

Offline citybluemoon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
August in Kalkan
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »
We went to Kalkan this August for the second time. It was dead hot but the delights of a pool, aircon and trips up into the mountains made it bearable... Some highlights for us were:
A. Excursions. We went with Dayi from Light Tours up into the Taurus mountains. He's a fantastic guide and host and can't rate him highly enough. We also went out with Muddy on his boat - he was really attentive to our needs and we all had a brilliant day. A real highlight for me though was also a self driven trip up to the ruins at Pinara. It's a great ride to get there and a totally secluded ancient city up in the mountains. The only other people there was a guy to take the money (charged us 10TL for the 5 of us) and two Spanish ladies. We had a great time scrambling around the ruins and qlso enjoyed the hair raising journey back down the dirt track road (lot worse going down than up!)

B. Restaurants. We ate out a lot but by family consensus the ones we enjoyed the most were.,..
1. Our House. A lovely little place up near the school - great friendliness and food from the owner and his family and friends. If you can go there then do - the sauces in the stews were fantastic.
2. Olive Garden. Really nice food and very friendly people
3. Chillies. Good for eat in and also very swift on takeaway
4. Aubergine. Maybe not quite as good service as last year but great location and food still lovely
5. Our House (again - voted by the kids as needing two appearances)

Overall a brill time. Would also recommend Termessos for trips and car hire. Really lovely Turkish and Scottish people - so helpful and friendly.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6318.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: August in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
So glad you enjoyed your holiday in Kalkan.
Joan

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
thanks for posting this, citybluemoon (no idea which football team you might support ::) ::) ...)
Pinara is on my list for next August, so it's good to hear it was one of your highlights. Also great to know you had a brill time this August when it appears others did not - I was beginning to worry about next year!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
HI citybluemoon
Thanks for such a positive report - more ideas for trips out ... we're looking forward to going back to the Olive Garden (our favorite from last year) and trying Our House and Chillies as well.
Glad you had a great time!
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 03:33:10 PM »
Thanks for your August report.  We've just come back from 3 weeks in Kalkan and we thought it was just as lovely as ever.

It was busier than May/June but we didn't experience any poor service like some other posters unfortunately did.  We had no problems getting tables in restaurants or sunbeds at beach clubs or on the beach - and we never get to the beach until midday as our teenagers like their bed too much!

In an ideal world we wouldn't holiday in August, but that's because it's much hotter than June or September. :)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
one Thomas cook flight 9th August - 24th August

Started by suzyq1 on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 11:02:05 AM
by suzyq1
xx
Kalkan 11th August

Started by Tetchyted on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post July 21, 2014, 08:38:47 PM
by Tetchyted
xx
How busy is Kalkan in August?

Started by popps on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
by kalkan4eva
recycled
new to board and off to kalkan in August

Started by ms_topaz on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 10, 2009, 09:55:57 AM
by ms_topaz

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yildiz View.JPG

Views: 2635
By: Lindy
Kekova Trip