Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Meis Daily Trip  (Read 3944 times)

Offline mike and lyn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Meis Daily Trip
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:57:04 PM »

Can anyone offer their experiences of which tour company to go over to Meis with?  We will be in Kalkan from 20/8 for a week and want to do this trip. I know Abi Tours charge 28 GBP, how about ADDA?
thanks  :-*

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6023.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Meis Daily Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
Click onto Excursions in the light grey header bar at the top of the page....scroll down and you will find Meis trip.......it's adda tours via ek and gives you the info you will need ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »
or you could go on the dolmus and diy. An adventure and much cheaper ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »
Went with Adda last year and it was £25 per person then. Absolutely no problem and not a huge difference price-wise from DIY option
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline AMY-WARD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »
we went with club lycia and paid £30 each. it is advertised as £20 on their board outside but thats without a minibus...just a careful marketing ploy I think. Either way, we went with them. Picked up from hotel, dropped off. safe driver. we were 45 minutes early to the boat...the boat man took our passports and said come back at 10am. Ok....we thought. leave your passports with a complete stranger...ok. came back at 9:45am...got on board.....sailed to meis. had a lovely day in meis. very chilled out and relaxed. take your cossies and go swimming too as we were quite hot and could have murdered a dip! The resteraunt round to the left hand side of the harbour (as if youre looking into the harbour from the sea)...right round the side....almost before you get to the hospital and gift stalls...outside the coast guard ship...very very friendly and good priced tasty food. you can spend euros, lira, gbp there. and there is a cash machine too. got on the ferry back...chatted to a few people who were either living in turkey or have family who live there...got off the ferry and got told to go sit in the cafe over the road and wait for passports. almost an hour before our passports arrived! apparently they have to take them to the police3 station to get them stamped etc. but not with us there. bit wierd to me but hey ho...it was just a long wait wondering what was going on. our taxi home was waiting for us and dropped us off at our hotel. all in all a good trip. but next time id get the early dolmus bus and spend a bit of time in kas and do it direct. only problem with that is the last one back is 1600 apparently...we were waiting until about 16:40 for our passports. not sure what the two we met did as they were getting a dolmus back. there is a boat and taxis though.

hope this helps. x

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
Don't go on a Monday, everthing is closed apparently. My mum recently went and the tour company sold her the trip but forgot to mention it. She was really dissapointed.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »
Don't go on a Monday, everthing is closed apparently. My mum recently went and the tour company sold her the trip but forgot to mention it. She was really dissapointed.

My son was there a couple of weeks ago on a Monday and says that everything was open as usual. Suppose it best to check with the tour company. We've always gone with Abi Travel and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent there. Views are spectacular and the whole island has a lovely atmosphere

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »
just remember though all the shops do close for siesta, and will still be closed by the time you have to get back on the boat. We hadn't wanted to buy our bacon and pork sausages until last minute because of the heat, and found the supermarket on the front closed. Luckily we were directed to a tiny little shop, off the beaten track which was no bigger than a large cupboard - but they had a fridge selling bacon and sausages ;D ;D

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:56 AM »
     I know this subject has been covered before, but I have a question?

On previous visits to Kalkan in mid-Sept, we attempted to book a trip to Meis but were informed by the travel company (local) that the trips had stopped!   We arrive week commencing 20th September and would love to go to Meis, we do not want to be disappointed again!  Anyone have any info? Thanks ;D

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
No problem wıth Meıs trıps - the changes to the vısa requırements that were announced have been stopped so ıts busıness as usual.Even when/ıf the vısa laws change thıs should have no effect on tourıst day trıps to Meıs.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Meis day trip

Started by WEB on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

14 Replies
Last post November 18, 2013, 11:50:44 AM
by cptergun
xx
Trip to Meis in April

Started by peat on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post January 21, 2011, 02:05:46 PM
by peat
xx
Overnight trip to. Meis/Kastellorizo

Started by Adidasfish on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2014, 09:41:33 PM
by cptergun
xx
Trip to Meis on Thursday 13th May

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post May 04, 2010, 08:18:52 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

A night in Coast

Views: 771
By: turkeyfan
Cappadocia