Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Teenagers View of a Kalkan Holiday - July 2010  (Read 4712 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Teenagers View of a Kalkan Holiday - July 2010
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »

For anyone thinking of visiting Kalkan for the first time with some spent out GCSE students, here are the comments from The Lads (16 year olds) as they wrapped up their holiday this year. In their words, Kalkan is:

OK regarding nightlife, considering the size of the village. We made lots of friends our age from London and the waiters were very friendly

VERY good position of the Mediterranean Apartments – we wouldn’t want to be lower down in the village

Good for water sports and great out on a boat, with good food

Loved the restaurants: really liked KAYA, especially for fillet steak, then Oz Adana & Meydan for Pide’s

Café Vita for nice food, atmosphere and waiters are good fun

Best Bars:  1. Ignite, 2. Mojito,  3. Chocolate

Worst Restaurant – “the white one on the left before the greengrocers – the curry looked like dog food with a sauce on it. We were worried we might have food poisoning”.

Omar’s Kitchen for a cheap beer, “but very uncertain about their bill”

Great for a good hair cut at Jasmine Coiffeur

Great for shopping at the Thursday Market – we bought T’s, Polos, leather wallets – would have bought more jeans with more cash

Thought Kalkan Beach Club was “a bit too Benidorm” – chips & burgers everywhere - although good for kids with the slide and small beach access

After over two weeks in Kalkan, they were happy to stay and happy to go home as they had had a great time making loads of new friends (who went home a day before them).

Costs: They managed on TL50 per day each (£21.74) but Water Sports, taxis -  and a nice dinner roughly every other day  - put on Antler’s card.

Perfect Day would be:

Get up at 11am. Dive in the pool and swim for an hour or more.

Lunch (Pide) at Oz Adana or Meydan or  pizza at Foto

Back for another swim, then Water Sports at Indigo – Yamaha 1200cc Jet Skis are brilliant

Early pm a beer in the village, dinner at Kaya (Fillet Steak plain or with Mushroom Sauce) or Café Vite for Chili con Carne or Pasta

Meet the mates at Ignite and watch the moon come up on the beach

Try not to wake Dad getting in at 3am (or 4, or maybe 5?!)

And Dad says?  It was great having them there, hearing that they were making new friends in a relatively safe environment. We felt good that they could “cut their teeth in this way”. I think it was a very formative holiday and one they will remember for many years. Fillet Steak and Jet Skis at these prices may not be on the menu everywhere they go, though!

The Lads (& Antler)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6093.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:54:51 PM by antler »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Teenagers View of a Kalkan Holiday - July 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 05:13:54 PM »
we have travelled to Kalkan with teenage girls for the last 4 years and I would say their feelings about Kalkan are the same.....my younger daughter first hit the 'evening scene' at almost 16 and we felt she was perfectly safe and well loked after by her slightly older sister and the locals and will be coming back with us 4 years later in a couple of weeks because she loves it so much
we have always thought Kalkan provides a 'safe as is possible'....I say that because of course nowhere is perfect and they still need to be sensible......environment for teenagers, they meet lots of people their own age and the locals are very friendly and protective (and yes I did say teenage girls!)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »
Our girls came to Kalkan with us last year when they were 16 and 20 and fell in love with the place - they're coming back with us next year, with our son who is between them in age. They've only been with us once, but everywhere we go - from bars, restaurants to beach clubs they ask where they are and when they are coming back ::) . Its a safer environment than their local haunts in Chester, Liverpool or Manchester, I can tell you!
As they are three adults, the cost of bringing them with us requires a second mortgage ;D ;D so I'm liking that idea of Antler's to give them a budget (and packet soup :) )to live on...everything has to be equated in terms of bags :laugh: :laugh:

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:11:26 PM »
Just back from Kalkan yesterday with four teenage boys ages from 16 to 17 ( Jack Brad Oli and Tom ) as Antler says it is difficult to find somewhere for teenagers to Holiday where they can have a degree of freedom but still have Mum and Dad to fall back on.

I think Kalkan fits the bill perfectly I can say that all the lads enjoyed there holiday and after two weeks would have stayed longer.Even though there was a few nights were they were getting about the time of the first call from the Mosque which if that was back in the UK we would be ringing round to see where they were we were fairly relaxed in Kalkan.

the lads met people from all over Turkish and the UK and are all ready asking about going back next year.The favorite places for the Pontecarlo team were

1. Ignite 2. Bar Chocolate 3. Mojito

we also gave them a allowance and it seemed to work may be they bumped in to Oli and his mate as we were there at the same time

Chris B

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 11:34:11 AM »

Hi Chris B,

Glad your lads enjoyed it, too. I think they missed each other - but not by very much! They still keep talking about it very fondly, which is nice. I agree totally about them coming back with the first Call to Prayer; I got used to it and it felt kind of OK over there!

Maybe next year they will meet up!!

cheers

Antler

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2 bedroomed apartment required from July 8th 2010 until 24th August 2010

Started by thelippys on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 12:01:55 PM
by thelippys
xx
Antler's Holiday - Enjoying a fish lunch, nice view & a lovely glass of wine...

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 03:30:54 PM
by antler
xx
Holidaying with Teenagers in Kalkan

Started by Chris B on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post February 05, 2010, 05:07:01 AM
by msr
question
Holiday Reads 2010

Started by lorilou on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post September 07, 2010, 09:50:33 AM
by lorilou

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal