Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Holidaying with Teenagers in Kalkan  (Read 10201 times)

Offline Chris B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Holidaying with Teenagers in Kalkan
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »
Hi Everyone
This is my first post on the site which we have found very informative.We are holidaying in July staying at some new apartments called "Patio" which are just above the new road.We are traveling with two teenage boys 16 my son and his friend.My other son has now decided that he would like to come along as well he would be 17 and he would now also like to bring a friend from college.

There would not be enough room in out apartment for the six of us so I was thinking of a bed and breakfast which would be close to our apartment so we could keep a eye on them.Wonder if any one has any suggestions

Regards

Chris B

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4992.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: Holidaying with Teenagers in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »
Hiya Chris,if the Patio apts are above the new rd,thats a fair way out of town,I cant think of any BnBs that far out.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »
Just had a look at the apartments on the map and the nearest is probably a hotel not a B and B they tend to be in the centre. I think the Mediterran isn't to far away? There also seem to be 3 bed semi detached villas are they not available if you need another room?
 :)
Carpe diem

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
Hi we are bringing a 16 and 18 year old coming with us in July and we give them a fair amount of freedom, Kalkan is very safe.We have a villa just above the new road. Not sure about suitable places to stay though.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »
Agree with Lilly we too have been bringing teenagers for many years and they love the place.  Looking at the apartment I think you are above the D400 around where the jandarme station is.  As someone else said probably close to the Mediteran Apts.  Near you but slightly closer to town is the Kelebek hotel and the Bella Monte hotel.. Haven't used either so can't personally recommend but I do think they would be pretty close to your apt.  Hopefuly someone else will be along who can tell you more about them or other local hotels.  Welcome to the site Chris B!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »
There's Samira Deluxe as well, but in terms of B&B and affordability, Kelebek is very reasonable and is more akin to your original post. Good luck :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:47:03 AM »
Thanks every one for your suggestions are also looking at the white house B & B which is part of the korsan empire but it gets good reviews and i think is in central Kalkan so minght fit the bill

Cheers

Chris B

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:41 AM »
The White House is bang in the centre of the old town.  Great location and the views from the roof terrace are fab.  I wasn't aware that it belonged to the Korsan group.  The owner is Halil and I'm sure he would make your family very welcome.

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »
Not sure when in July you're going but there will be a group of teenagers at the Samira, 16-18 year olds, from about 14th July. A group of us meet up every year, with our kids and the teenagers have a ball. We love Kalkan because we feel it's safe enough to give our teenagers a bit of freedom.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »
After my post about the White House I was just thinking exactly what Helen1 wrote.  I think teenage boys would definitely prefer the Samira Deluxe.  Much more going on and very family orientated.  Better chance of meeting others of a similar age.  The White House is beautiful but there is no pool and I think they cater for 'older' people - that's 25 and above before I offend anyone!  Also Kelebek is a quieter, smaller hotel too so I think for teenagers Samira Deluxe is the one to go for.

Offline Chris B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »
Sorry I think I am getting my white houses mixed up, we were looking at the patara stone house (it is a white house also a fish restaraunt...) and we were looking at the white house as well which i now realise is a different place ....booked the flights now so we will find some were thanks for your comments

Regards

Chris B

Offline Chris B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
Thanks to every one for there suggestions in the end I booked them in to the samira , A bit far away from us but like Helen1 suggests Kalkan is relatively safe and it gives them a bit of freedom and it sounds like there will be some people there of a similar age group

Happy days!

Chris B

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 07:35:28 AM »
Hi Chris I don't think the Samra Deluxe is too far from you.  I think  you are just above the D400 and the Samira is also situated there.  I'm sure they'll have a grea time.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 11:16:41 PM »
I understood from Chris's post that he'd booked them into the Samira, as opposed to Samira Deluxe. Hence the "bit far away" remark. All the Samira's are pretty confusing until you know which one is where ???

Offline Chris B

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »
Hi

I thourght I had booked them into the samira but I have booked them in to the samira deluxe we arre going to look at it tonight to see if we should try and swap or stay the same.....next year I am leaving the kids at home and they can sort there own holiday out this is doing my head in

Chris B

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 01:36:29 AM »
The delux is nearest to you of the samira propertys.. ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 05:07:01 AM »
I think wherever you stay with teenagers, you won't go far wrong. You will have no fear of leaving them to their own devices day or night as Kalkan has a good safe feel to it. Befor we bought in Kalkan we took our two teenagers plus friends for 4 consecutive years. For two of these years we stayed in the Samira (hotel) . The boys made many friends there as it was family orientated, and now no longer teenagers, they visit Kalkan  most years with friends and girlfriends etc. You will love it!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Teenagers View of a Kalkan Holiday - July 2010

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post August 10, 2010, 11:34:11 AM
by antler
xx
teenagers

Started by mum-of-3 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 05:08:19 PM
by Babs
xx
Let's spread the word about holidaying in Turkey

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post January 08, 2017, 04:49:12 PM
by MartynE
xx
Mayor of London holidaying off Turkish Coast

Started by jinfizzz on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 28, 2008, 07:56:59 PM
by Em1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal