Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan with a small baby........?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Kalkan with a small baby........?
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »
Hi all, OH and I are really missing Kalkan and craving a holiday, but both worried about going with our baby boy, who will be 5 months old in October when we usually go.  OH is worried Alex will scream throughout the flight, but I'm confident that if he did kick off (which I doubt he will, he's a good baby) I could soothe him very quickly.  I'm more worried about the transfer - we always go with thomas cook - would Adda provide baby seats on the minibus from Fethiye?  We could easily hold him on the coach but the way the minibus drivers hare round the mountainous bends scares the hell out of me!  Also I'm worried about Dalaman airport and our luggage allowance - we would have to take steriliser, bottles, clothes and a pushchair for Alex! 

Has anyone else ever gone with a baby or can anyone put our minds at rest regarding any of the above? 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6052.0

Offline Lukester

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan with a small baby........?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »
Hi LozJay

We took our son last year (and this year) but last year he was only 7 months. The flight was fine, we gave him his bottle and he slept most of the way (this year with a mental toddler was a different story).

Re the baggage allowance, we brought his clothes on cary on as they fit into a very small wheelie case. The buggy is easy as it's free, each child is allowed a buggy which you can bring as far as the plane. We used sterlising bags which any Mothercare store will have and used bottled water (you can also get ones that can be used in the microwave).

Re transfers, we had a private transfer but we used the rock a tot from the travel system the first year, we were allowed that along with the buggy on the flight. This year we werent so lucky though, our tansfer arrived with car seat no problem going to Kalkan but for our return trip it arrived with none which was a nightmare as we had to wait on 2 seats (1st was broken, 2nd wasn't much better!!) plus we had to fit it ourselves as they didn't know how to so if you're using private transfer double and triple check about the car seat.

If you have any more questions just let me know.

Dee

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
Our friends came out to our place in April, Ruby was only 4 months old and we did find a reliable transfer company who ensured there was a baby seat both ways. If you want their details just send me a pm and I'll forward. They had no probs either way and as you can imagine all the locals are just wonderful with babies so she was spoilt by everyone.

enjoy
Carpe diem

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance you guys, I'm glad I'm not mad to consider taking Alex out there.  We last went when I was pregnant and so he already has lots of "uncles" who can't wait to see him, including Sinan at DoyDoy and Murat at Trio.  When you/your friends went did you/they stay in a hotel or an apartment?  Did you hire a travel cot from the concierge or was there one where you stayed? xx

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
My friend stayed at our apartment it's pretty central and I think you'll want somewhere you don't have to walk to far. My maintainance people organised the cot and bedding for us. She prefered the flexibility of an apartment - and the space! I'm sure this could be organised for you

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »
I think you are better in an apartment with a microwave for the sterilising and a washing machine so you can take less stuff. The supermarkets sell disposable nappies and swim nappies. The pram isn't counted in your luggage allowance. Some apartments like ours have a travel cot but if not Kalkan Concierge will let you rent one. You might be better to take your own brand of milk for the baby so it's not a change for him. My grandson at 13 months had a great time and so had his parents.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Things to do with a small baby.........

Started by LozJay on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 07:29:36 PM
by Roxie
recycled
Kalkan with a baby!

Started by em_s on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 11:20:58 AM
by Lougie
xx
Taking a baby to Kalkan

Started by lynda on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 11, 2017, 10:49:39 PM
by mikewmartin
question
Looking for small restoration projects in Kalkan

Started by Gundog on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post July 27, 2012, 05:07:42 PM
by Gundog

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal