Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cheapest flights for 2011  (Read 7789 times)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Cheapest flights for 2011
« on: July 23, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
Hi has any one found any really good flight deals for 2011 yet , I have only been back 2-3 weeks and am already looking for next year , lots of people i spoke to whilst on holiday did mention some flight company's that were offering really good deals for booking way in advance instead of last minute but cant remember who they were . so does anyone have any ideas please, thanks Craig 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6002.0

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Cheapest flights for 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »
You get the best deals by getting on the website the moment the fares come out. This is not as easy as it sounds as the airlines are not very good at informing people of when fares are due to be published, and even when they do tell you it is often inaccurate.

However it is worth persevering as you can get some great deals in the first hour or two, this year we got flights for April at £110 return and July at £140 return (plus £700 for the three of us when Easyjet cancelled our flight home).

Offline HoneyBunny

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »
jet2 have their summer '11 schedule out now - it's £205 rtn from Newcastle last week of June for 2 weeks at the minute - that includes 22kg of hold baggage and on-line check in. We went with jet2 this year - was fine. More leg/bum room than other airlines I have been on and on time both ways.

Good luck!

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
thanks. did see that monarch were at £195 yesterday but havent found cheaper yet . alantj how can you tell if the airlines are about to release there prices is there a website that tells you when they are about to do this. cheers craig

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
Craig

Register with Easyjet and they send you an email when they release their summer flight schedule.  However you do have to know roughly when the schedule is due out and monitor your emails frequently as you still have to be very quick off the mark to get the lowest price.  Last year they were increasing as I booked them.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
Just wish easy jet or jet2 would fly from Scotland. We're stuck with Thomas Cook, First Choice both expensive and the Onur Air option. I've no problems with Onur air and have used them regularly but am a wee bit concerned about booking so far in advance as wondering if they will be affected by the goldtrail debacle. As far as I know goldtrail chartered Onur air flights so they must have lost money in recent weeks. Used Onur Air this month and booked with Thomas Cook for October but looking at next year can get an Onur air flight in July for £184 but nearly £300 for Thomas Cook or First Choice ???

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
I bought 5 for Aug 2011 - £838.00 - Aegeanflights.... I have used them for 6 years and never had any probs....

A  x  :)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »
thanks everyone  please keep the info coming .craig

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »
I bought flights with Monarch last month - Luton-Dalaman for May 2011 for two of us, Total-£340, reasonable flight times on a Friday, and that was with allocated choice of seat. Have used Easyjet and would use them again, however I hate the scramble for seats when boarding, just adds to the stress.

Offline karenm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
I just booked our flights with Aegean Flights family of 4 for three weeks £1,118 so much cheaper than Thomas Cook and now keeping my fingers crossed that Aegean Flights are ok as never flew with them before!!!  Kids very excited about going back to Kalkan as we had a lovely time in August

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »
Hi All, Definately try Pegasus (www.flypgs.com). It is a turkish no frills airline. Some flights go via Istanbul but the transfer is easy and for us being able to fly from our regional airport rather than driving all the way to Gatwick etc still means that overall travel time is reduced. Also look at travelling with different airlines each way. Most offer one direction much cheaper than the other (so they can quote/advertise cheap prices one-way). Our next trip is Easyjet going out (£38 pp) and Pegasus return (£70pp). Pegasus also include 20kg of hold baggage within the cost. Hope this helps!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Cheapest flights Oct ?

Started by hedgender on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post September 23, 2009, 06:18:27 PM
by fidimax
xx
Cheapest flights London to Dalaman?

Started by Cleevemoor on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post January 19, 2014, 01:16:04 PM
by BarbH
xx
cheapest flights to Dalaman end of September

Started by oldh on Flights and Travel

12 Replies
Last post May 09, 2008, 06:32:15 PM
by Wendy
xx
easyJet flights for Summer 2011 now released from Manchester

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 10:52:54 PM
by sally

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Menu!

Views: 3364
By: Em1
Bedroom view