Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow. Just Wow.  (Read 2006 times)

Offline ed2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Wow. Just Wow.
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
Hi guys

Firstly a huge thank you to all of you who helped me to feel better about going away on holiday for the first time on my own without parents! It made it much easier to get a feel for it all and it meant things like the visa didn't come as a nasty shock!!

I have to say I have been to many places - France about 20 times, Belgium, Brugges, Germany, Spain and Ibiza - and none of these places, no, in fact all of these places put together don't compare to Kalkan!

All I can say to people thinking of a holiday is that Kalkan has everything you need and want. It has the gorgeous weather, stunning views, activities to keep everybody entertained and occupied, the most fabulous and tasty food you could wish for, the people are amazing, the dogs and cats are friendly and clean and the prices are just insane!

To give you an idea in fact, my girlfriend and I set off with £380 cash. We spent £23 on airport parking, £7 on food in the airport and £20 on our visas, leaving us with £330. Now, we went on a boat trip, a jeep safari and we hired a car and put fuel in it for a full day so we didn't hold back on the activities. We ate out every day and didn't hold back having several drinks and courses each night. We spent £20 on gifts for all the people at home so that we could take things back for them.

Did we run out of money? NO! We tried and tried and in the end we got absolutely bloated on food and legless on alcohol just to get rid of out money that we had left - 140 lira!!! It is insane and I LOVE this place!

We are already wishing for the time we can afford to come back to visit the most beautiful, spectacular, safe and friendly town we have ever been to and could imagine! Kalkan is paradise!!

Thank you to all the people who made us so welcome whilst we were there. Especially to Mustaffa from the lighthouse cafe next to Seaport who even invited us out to celebrate his birthday with him!! You're all truelly amazing!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5980.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:59:01 PM by ed2 »

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Wow. Just Wow.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
That's a great report although I think I need to take you with us next time to help us save money!

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:24 PM »
So glad you have a great time, thanks for sharing it with us, its great to hear 1st time opinions :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »
ed, I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to Kalkan and that you didn't run out of money :) ...in fact as Kalkan Regular says, you could teach us all a thing or two about budget...sounds like you had a magic purse ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »
Yep,for what you packed into your time in Kalkan and what you spent,brilliant,thats about my budget for myself for one week.
but I bet they didnt buy any handbags or blingy flippen floppen,eh K4E  ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

night

Views: 4429
By: irfan
Mediteran Goodbyes 2