Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: prices in kalkan??  (Read 4229 times)

Offline justin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
prices in kalkan??
« on: July 04, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
after just returning from a very mediocre holiday in the bodrum area,i was wondering what the prices were like to eat out in kalkan.i definately got the feeling i was being robbed most of the time in Bodrum.6.5tl for a beer.cheapest one i got was 4tl at the golf resort where i rented an apartment.we were made to pay the 5tl for cans of coke!!!   62tl for 3 tuna salads,4 cokes and a chip butty!!!
   now i love turkey,been there 7 times and fell in love with the place in the early 90's before it lost its innocense.but i am seriously considering going somewhere else as eating out everyday just is'nt a viable financial option anymore.feeding yourself is ok but who really wants to do that everyday just to make it affordable.all inclusive is ok for the food and beer but then you get no sense of being in turkey.you could be anywhere and thats not for us.kalkan looks fantastic and full of everything we want from a holiday.but if i need to remortgage the house to pay for it i'm afraid i'll stay at home.i've been all over turkey,to all the main resorts and around and about.whats the deal in kalkan???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5822.0

Offline tigertim

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: prices in kalkan??
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »
I have never found Kalkan to be that expensive!! The prices you have stated sound more like the prices at Dalaman Airport. I have been visiting Kalkan over the last 4 years and nothing much seems to have changed price wise.  I have visited anytime between May and November and have found prices better than UK.  The butchers, greengrocer etc in town cannot fault them and the costing of your shopping is so much better to the local supermarkets etc...,
Do your shopping locally!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
Justin, the thing about Kalkan is that you have choice. It's certainly not the cheapest place in Turkey, but you do have the option to eat in, eat in some of the very good quality cheaper restaurants or break the bank. When we come to Kalkan we do a bit of all three...when we come with our adult children we do more of the first two options, but still go to to the high end restaurants (just less often ;D !)
I think you can eat cheaply and well in Kalkan if you want to. Drnking is more expensive, obviously, but large Efes is generally 5tl this year for comparison. Kalkan is a lot quieter than Bodrum, but in my opinion much more friendly and more beautiful. If you love Turkey, you should give it a try.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maria

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »
I agree with Kalkan4Ever there is such a variety of restaurants here. Last night we went to Adana Sofrasi and paid 21tl for 3 people. their portions are so large my husband and daughter shared a meal I had a pide and still had some left to take home ! 2 large beers and a soft drink and a salad on the house excellent value :)

Offline Hippyshake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »
Firstly, Kalkan is amazing - my oh is half Turkish and I love Turkey - we both fell in love with Kalkan. It's extremely pretty and romantic and definitely do go (for more than 7 days if possible)! We'd love to go back as soon as we can afford it! So yes, we did find it pretty expensive to eat out - we're in our 20's and went to Kalkan on a budget. 31 tl for dinner for 3 people is definitely not the norm.. The food is generally not traditional Turkish fare but what I would say is (high quality) Americanised/Britishified, and around the harbour and in the roof top restaurants prices are on a par with the UK. Our most expensive meals (at the budget busting end) were 200tl plus for the 2 of us - and we didn't drink loads.  However at Oz Adana we had traditional Turkish food and it only cost us 50 tl, and they have a lovely roof terrace. Our cheapest evening meal was at Foto Pizza and that was 30 tl. I've seen people on EK saying that it's not expensive and yes, for the environment and quality of the top places in Kalkan you would pay double or more in the UK. We thought it would be miles cheaper than say Italy/Greece/Spain is these days, but I'd say it's only marginally cheaper. And yes you could do major budgeting if you tried but if it's your first time there you're going to find it hard to say no to all of the lovely restaurants - we found it impossible. Kalkan is stunning - just don't go expecting a budget holiday.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:10:26 PM by Hippyshake »

Offline yakamoz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
Where is adana sofrasi located-sounds good, also the price

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
MOVED: Bar Prices/Supermarket prices

Started by JollytheJoker on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 09:43:17 PM
by JollytheJoker
xx
Taxi prices and Dolmus prices

Started by wabosso on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 19, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
by wabosso
xx
Bar prices & supermarket prices /stock

Started by Llondon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post January 20, 2012, 03:14:27 PM
by onelove
xx
Prices in Kalkan

Started by EllenRich on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post July 25, 2014, 09:11:35 AM
by Tatilde

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

cafe

Views: 4187
By: irfan
harbour2