Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First Night in Kalkan  (Read 1856 times)

Offline malc901

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
First Night in Kalkan
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just like to thank all the contributors to this forum. Reading the various posts over the past few weeks has given me a good feel for Kalkan. Just hope it lives up to expectations (I'm sure it will)

My wife and I are going to Kalkan for the first time on Monday. There are lots of restaurant recommendations in the forum but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where to eat on our first night. We have an early morning flight and will be setting off at 3:30AM to get to the airport so will be pretty tired by the time we get to our Hotel (the Asfiya). We'll just want something light in the evening and an early night ready to start our holiday proper on Tuesday. Any suggestions for somewhere that would be a good introduction to the local food without being too heavy would be appreciated. There will be plenty of time for bigger meals once we've got over the travelling.

Thanks in advance.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5489.0

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: First Night in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »
Hi,
There's La Trattoria Pizzaria, if it hasn't changed its' name again, on the Kalamar Road roundabout or Kaya, Oz Adana just opposite. Or any of the rest will make you a light meal! You can't go wrong with food in Kalkan.
Have a good time
Rx

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »
Turn right at the main entrance of the Asfiya and have a short walk to Cafe Vita at Kalamar. Perfect for a light meal on your first night.

Offline jamie-n-kimbo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
I agree Joan.

It's just a short walk to Cafe Vita which sits on it's own away from the village towards Kalamar Bay. Mustafa will make you most welcolme and will remember you forever. Great service, good light food and very relaxed! Save yourself for the village on your first full day when you're not so tired. You'll fall in love with the place.

A word of warning though.............. watch out for the Blue Lizard!! ;-)
A Zebra................. It's just a Donkey in pyjamas!!!!!!

Offline malc901

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I'd got Cafe Vita on my list of places to try but it sounds as if it may be a good one for our first night.

Just got to pack our bags now and then off early on Monday.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
We always go to Kaya on our first night, just to say hello again really. Kadir and co are always so welcoming... and to get another fix of the grouper on mustard mash... :-)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal