Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: sinking feeling  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
sinking feeling
« on: April 16, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »
Hi everyone.
I've just booked an apartment for two weeks in September/October in Kalkan - we had such a great time in June and October last year our holiday choice for this year was a no-brainer!
BUT . . . I just had a squizz through some topics on here and it's all burglaries, roadworks and water shortages . . . has heaven gone to hell in a handcart over the winter? please someone reassure me that all will be well and that the loss of the excellent Atlantis bar will be our only disappointment. Although how I am going to break that particular nugget of bad news to the other half, I don't know . . .

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5343.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: sinking feeling
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
Baggy, there's always something for us to moan about.. ;D
To be honest the roadworks have been ongoing in Kalkan for the last two years with the construction of the "new road" into Kalkan - the national scheme for the widening of the D400. If you didn't notice them before, chances are you won't be bothered by them again. The recent posts have been for people who are staying up Kisla, Patara Prince and Komurluk way as the roadworks are right on top of that area now - so there might be some disturbance. As part of those roadworks some water pipes have to be cut which means the area will be without a water supply for about two weeks starting tomorrow. By the time you arrive in September they'll be much further on with things, so please don't worry.
I haven't seen any recent posts about burglaries, but we should all always be vigilant no matter where we are in the world.
The Atlantis closing is one you may need professional help with.. ;D ;D ;D  I'm sure you'll find a new favourite - there's maybe one or two to choose from  ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
Take no notice of the overtly negative on here. It's a lovely place and has far fewer problems than the majority of places but while humans are humans then there will be the occasional slip up. Go and enjoy your holiday and just take the usual precautions.

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
Don't worry too much about the Atlantis.  We were in there the other night and it is now a patisserie on the ground floor with lots more seating, and the rooftop restaurant is to be opened soon.  There was a strong hint that once the rooftop is operational beer etc will be available on the ground floor so it may be almost back to the way it was but more comfort.   You'll have a great a time as ever.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
That Sinking Feeling

Started by itstime on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post July 15, 2012, 08:25:14 AM
by itstime
xx
Sinking gulet

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post May 12, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
by timwhit

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Trip

Views: 2769
By: Bob & Jayne
Harbour