Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan x7  (Read 4798 times)

Offline marmitegirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Kalkan x7
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
Have just returned from another wonderful holiday in Kalkan, this time staying at the Samira Gardens which we found to be a lovely hotel with friendly staff and a wonderfully convenient location, close to town and not too many hills! We spent much of our time lounging at our favourite place to be, the Yali beach club which also serves wonderful lunches though they now charge for sunbeds at 8tl per day which I guess is long overdue but provide beach towels too which is a very good service. We visited Patara beach which was wonderful and the sea breezes cooled the 46 degrees beautifully. Evening drinks were often taken in the the Moonight bar/ Yali bar or on the terrace at the Samira Gardens, Cool Efes in a frosted glass ....perfect! Topping our places to eat this year were The Nar ( a return visit for our last night), Gironda ( perfect as always), Ozalp (wonderful food), Chillies (relaxed and friendly with an additional massage from Mr Happy if you're lucky!), The Olive Garden (always a pleasure and excellent value), Sofra ( the first place I ever ate in Kalkan and one I never fail to book for the classical guitarist night), Kosk, (lovely food  and good service) Agora ( new to us and highly recommended - okay but nothing to write home about) Restaurants I was disappointed with were Saffron ( Hot red wine and extremely bad service due to a large party being there. All staff pandered to their every whim whilst we ( and others) were ignored - we will not be back!) Trio ( always very well recommended but service was not good - they were too busy and did not advise that main courses did not come with accompaniments - we witnessed several shocked guests!)  As always we intended to eat in some of the restaurants off the beaten track but ran out of time.......needless to say, we will be back!!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9893.0

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan x7
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »
Thanks v much for the report Marmite girl, your restaurant recommendations sound spot on and it's useful that you've provided a rationale for those that weren't great. Glad you had a wonderful time and that you will be back!
KM

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:47:01 AM »
thanks for reporting on your recent trip, marmitegirl - enjoyed reading your post.
Is Yali Beach Club still there then..? We thought it would be all Lykia Gardens now...good to know its still open to the public and they provide beach towels :)
I thought I was the only one to not rate the service at Trio - the food was lovely when we eventually got it but we went when it was busy and they seemed to fuss over their regulars and virtually ignored everyone else. We've not been back despite a lot of recommendations on here....there are too many restaurants to visit to maybe give places a second or third try in case we caught them on a bad night,
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
Thanks for the report Marmitegirl.  We too went to the Samira Gardens in May and had a lovely time.  Also went to Yali Beach Club and had lunch.  It was very peaceful back in May; I loved looking at the views across the bay and the beautiful blue sea.  I was surprised at the time to get a charge for the sunbeds but now that we know we will budget accordingly.  The last (and only) time we went to Ozalp we were not impressed with the food.  Maybe it is time to give them another go.  We have stopped going to the restaurants along the front, too busy for a couple like us who only have a main course.  The greeters are always friendly though.  Not been to The Nar even though this was going to be our first restaurant, got waylaid somewhere else.  Will have to put it back on the list.

Glad you had a nice time.
Jo

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
Good report Marmitegirl. We also loved Kosk and it's now one of our new favourites. Is the Samira gardens the one near to Chillies?
Nicky

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »
Yes, 2 minutes down from Chillies Nicky, and can't wait to go there in 9 Days! Can I ask again, (sorry) but am getting confused with all the beach clubs, is Yali the beach club that you can walk to, and if so, how far is it?

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
Thanks Jayne! I believe you can walk to Yali but not sure on distance etc. I'm sure somebody will help you out with the answer. 9 days, bet you can't wait!! Do you have your restaurant list compliled yet???!!!

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
Yali beach club is about half a mile past the harbour along the dusty road.

They might pay for your taxi like Kalamar Beach Club does.

PW
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
Hi Jayne, better look on KTLN for position of beach clubs otherwise you'll be in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:D ??? 8) 8)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
Here here. Seconded!  ;D
B

PS. Actually, I don't think it's on there. Only Kalamar Beach Club, Kalkan Beach Park, Palm Beach Club and Villa Mahal Beach Club.
Come on TopCat!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:17:18 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline marmitegirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »
Yali Beach Club is a ten minute walk from Samira Gardens if you take a shortcut through the Likya and down the steps taking you directly onto the dusty track.....Don't tell everyone though, it was quite busy this year!!!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »
Hi Jayne
Yali beach club is not far at all from samira gardens - ask Naz the manageress at Samira she will tell u all u need to know about Yali as she visits there often during the afternoons and she is lovely say hi to her from Chris and Eric and send our love. You will have a lovely stay there I am sure.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:07 AM »
Hi Chrissy, thank you for that, we will say hi to Naz for you.  We did meet her last year when we visited the Samira Garden for drinks and she is such a lovely lady isn't she. Can't wait, roll on next Friday.

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
Hi Jayne.  If you take the steps and slop down from the Likya, be careful they are quite steep.  We found it easier to go down to the harbour and walk along the road.  It is not very far and doesn't take very long.

Jo

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »
Thanks Joeyloveskalkan, maybe that might be the better option, as I am just getting over a fractured foot, hopefully getting signed off from the Hospital tomorrow and will be able to drive and go out again! It has been a very long 3 weeks, but EK has kept me going!

Is that road not very dusty with cars speeding by though?

J

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
Hi Jayne.  A little dusty but then we were there in May before it was very very hot.  There weren't that many cars going along there.  There are only a couple of small hotels/guest houses at the end of the road.  It is not that far from the harbour to the beach club so you shouldn't get that dirty.  You can always wash off in the sea when you get there!

Last year we even saw a turtle swimming in the sea! 

Jo

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 09:17:24 PM »
Thank you, I have just pm'd you.

J

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
New to Kalkan

Started by Mrs P on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post March 17, 2013, 02:53:59 PM
by Mrs P
xx
Kalkan has a 2nd web cam

Started by onelove on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 25, 2009, 11:24:36 AM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal