Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Decaff teabags!  (Read 4114 times)

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Decaff teabags!
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
Is anyone going to the UK/coming back from there imminently who could bring me back some decaff teabags? I have tried everywhere here (including Istanbul!) but it just seems to be impossible to get them.
Happy to give money before you go to cover them, obviously

Hope someone can help....!

Thanks

Jane

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5050.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Decaff teabags!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »
I only drink decaf tea Jane. We will be out on 23 April if you need some bringing then.

Offline sosmuc

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »
Hi Jane,
I will travel to Kalkan end of march. I do not know which brands of decaf tea bags are sold here in germany, but if you tell me your preferred I can try to get them or ask a friend in the UK to bring some before I leave.
Regards, Sonja

Offline ocean dreamer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:14:34 AM »
Hi, I will be in Kalkan (flying from London Stansted) on 29 March and would be happy to bring decaff teabags of your choice. Just let me know what you would like and where we can meet up and I'll be there armed with the tea x

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »
:) Oh my God, you are all truly wonderful people!
Can I take you all up on your offers? I am a bit of a tea freak (6 - 7 cups per day!) and so the more bags I have the better.
I am happy to drink any old brand of decaff tea (in the UK, it's normally Tesco or Sainsburys own brand) Will obviously re-imburse you, or if you want, can pay £ into a UK account via my UK account if that's easier.
My email address is janearobbins@yahoo.co.uk, and my turkish mobile number is 0531 379 0131. If you can let me have your contact details, we can arrange pick-ups etc!
SO grateful for your help. Me and Turkish hubbie are starting a little cafe in April in Kalkan centre, so you are all welcome to come in for a nice free drink when you come!

Jane

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 05:00:42 AM »
I'll email you Jane and good luck with the new cafe.

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
A new cafe in town, how wonderful Jane n, will you just be selling decaff tea, or will you be doing other types of tea there. My OH likes typhoo whilst I'm a big fan of tetleys unless I have coffee, which I do sometimes and sometimes I like that to be decaff although usually I have filter coffee, which I don't think is usually decaff, will your cafe be Near the aubergine or not
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »
I like PG...because i like Johnny Vegas and his monkey!!! :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 05:24:12 AM »
I can only drink decaff tea or coffee nowadays  :( so when in Kalkan I bring my own tea bags and filter coffee, but really miss having a nice coffee in a restaurant at the end of a meal whilst we're in Kalkan because nowhere has decaff....if your new cafe will sell decaff, Jane, we'll be there....well I'll be there, BH will come if you sell Efes :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline ocean dreamer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
Jane, will get you a selection of decaff tea for you - it's a pleasure. Will email you my mobile number, so we can contact each other at the end of March and meet up. Great news about the cafe. Gorusuruz x

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
Full flavourTea ,Full flavour Coffee,Full Cream milk,and FAT coke,Big Fat Efes,.....thats my kind of restaurant :-*

Offline JaneN

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 06:05:56 AM »
 Hi to all!!
Sorry not to reply before now, we've had problems with our router and internet connection.... hey, we're in Turkey, aren't we??

Thanks for all your offers of 'teabag' help, and also your good wishes for our cafe. In answer to your questions...

Yes, we will definitely be serving decaff coffee in our cafezx, as we can actually get that rom our suppliers (NB - I spotted decaff instant coffee at Yali supermarket last week, for all you decaff fans - don't know what it's like, though! I don't normally drink instant coffee, that's why I haven't 'test-driven' it yet)

Re decaff tea - I would LOVE to serve it - not least because I drink about 8 cups per day! - but sadly unless I can unearth a Turkish supplier who can get it, it won't be on the menu. Having said that, as so many kind people (Ocean Dreamer!!)  are bringing them out to Kalkan for me, I will keep a special 'supply' at the cafe for those who are desperate!!

If we can source good old proper english tea (typhoo and the like) I will serve this, but again, it's a case of whether we can find a supplier. Will do my best, though, as Lipton just doesn't do it, does it?!!

Blue Lizard - yoy can have as many full fat versions as you want at our place - and yes, we will be serving Efes...

Hel66 - yes, all kinds of tea, so whether you're a normal, a green tea, or a herbal/fruit tea person, we will have them all!
We are not on the seafront (rents TOOO expensive!) we are just off the road that runs up from Aubergine to the Moonlight. Behind the old Zeki restaurant if you know that, ansd just around to corner from Ottoman House. We'll be opening mid April....it will be a proper cafe, not a restaurant, we'll have good coffee, tea, juices, frappes, cakes (English - home-baked) nice snacks and some Turkish goodies too for those who want that (my Turkish Mum in Law is running it with us, and she makes brilliant home made borek, poaca (sure I've spelt that wrong) amongst other things. Anyway, come and check us out when you're here, it would be lovely to meet you.

Thanks again to you all....

Jane

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 07:05:23 AM »
We will definitely call in when we are in kalkan, Jane - the Efes won my BH over  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
Hi Jane
Will your new place be called Cafe Leon? Sounds like the right location from what's been posted on KTLN and your description, but confused by description of Chapter One (also new venue) that says will be selling Jane's famous homemade cakes ???
Hope you will be able to point us in the right direction  :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
Hi Jane. Just bought your t bags to bring out in 5 weeks. Looking forward to seeing your new place.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan cat

Views: 3047
By: saskia
Omars 20/9/07