Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cats and dogs and property owners  (Read 5533 times)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Cats and dogs and property owners
« on: November 20, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »
Yes I know you are going to think 'Oh no, here we go again!' But read on....
I am not intending to get into an animated debate about the emotive topic of Kalkan's street animals. All I want to say is that whether you love them or hate them, or you have guests bringing them home while others complain about them, the population and the condition of the animals here in Kalkan effect everyone in some way or another.
We at Kapsa do believe that reducing the population is essential and we also believe that the only viable way to do this is by a programme of 'neuter and return'. No one, especially those with a vested interest in Kalkan wants to see Kalkan get a hammering in the British press like Rhodes did this year when it was discovered that thousands of dogs and cats are killed every year as soon as the last tourists go home. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214960/Remember-cute-little-cat-patted-holiday-Rhodes-Its-got-weeks-live.html
We are doing our best and neutering more animals each year, and more and more people here on the ground are helping us to do so but we can only do as much as our funds permit. This is where we would like you to help us too. If every villa or property owner in Kalkan paid for just one animal to be neutered each year (approximately £21) we could really make an impact on the street animal population.
Here are the details of the Kapsa UK bank account:
UK Bank Account
Lloyds TSB Bank Plc
Account Number: 00259909
Sort Code:30-97-62
Account Name: KAPSA

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4751.0
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:35:23 PM by saskia »
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Cats and dogs and property owners
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »
Let's hope that those who care will make a donation.  Mine is on it's way.  Keep up the good work and thank you so much for all you have achieved so far!

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:07:17 AM »
Kalkanbelle - Thank you very much for your support

Offline Hannah Smith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:21:23 AM »
I am still reeling from shock after reading the article about cats in Rhodes after the tourists leave.
I fully support Kapsa's neuter and return policy.
I have an apartment in Kisla . Last year  (and never being interested in cats before), in October 2008, a tiny kitten befriended all at the apartment. All well and good, but imagine my horror on my return in April 2009 that the same kitten is pregnant. She had 4 kittens. At the same time another kitten again heavily pregnant appeared and also had 4 kittens.
That was when my friend Mel + I decided to help Kapsa with their work.
In August when the 8 kittens were old enough to neuter, we borrowed the trap from the vet and started our mission to catch and neuter all 8. Not an easy job as they are feral cats. but with the help of some tuna  and a lot of patience, we finally by October managed to trap all 8. Along the way 6 more who passed near the apartment were enticed into the trap and similarly met their fate!
It was daunting at first.we were worried that the cats would be traumatised in the trap on their journey to the vet. But a towel over the trap calmed them down. No ill effects because the neutered cats still approached the cage for the food!
Hopefully when I return next may, there will be no new kittens. If there are, while relaxing round the pool, it is easy to spot the unneutered cats: (left ear clipped). And easy to plan the next campaign!
So all property owners please help Kapsa with their programme.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:08:15 PM »
Saskia, thank you for all your posts giving us updates on animals and all the work that KAPSA are doing.  It is a great idea that all villa/apartment owners and regular visitors give at least 20 pounds each to neuter one animal.  Like them or loathe them, the cats and dogs of Kalkan are there to stay.  I love animals and to me they part of Kalkan life but to those of you who do not, ask yourself a question, would you not rather see healthy, happy, sociable animals around Kalkan or aggravated, sick ones?  The latter is not going to do much for your property renting, is it?  As Kefgirl says the standard of the animals in Kalkan compared to those in other Mediterranean resorts is second to none and this is all down to KAPSA and other individuals in Kalkan who dedicate their time to helping and caring for the animals.  The least we ALL can do is to give them a helping hand.   20 quid from every member of this site would sure make a difference.  Come on enjoykalkan members, dig deep!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:24:42 AM by Charlie »

Offline richard slip

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »
people of kalkan dont belive all you are told about the street animals your being manipulated in to beliveing there is only one way  to solve the problem.
Yes I know you are going to think 'Oh no, here we go again!' But read on....
I am not intending to get into an animated debate about the emotive topic of Kalkan's street animals. All I want to say is that whether you love them or hate them, or you have guests bringing them home while others complain about them, the population and the condition of the animals here in Kalkan effect everyone in some way or another.
We at Kapsa do believe that reducing the population is essential and we also believe that the only viable way to do this is by a programme of 'neuter and return'. No one, especially those with a vested interest in Kalkan wants to see Kalkan get a hammering in the British press like Rhodes did this year when it was discovered that thousands of dogs and cats are killed every year as soon as the last tourists go home. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214960/Remember-cute-little-cat-patted-holiday-Rhodes-Its-got-weeks-live.html
We are doing our best and neutering more animals each year, and more and more people here on the ground are helping us to do so but we can only do as much as our funds permit. This is where we would like you to help us too. If every villa or property owner in Kalkan paid for just one animal to be neutered each year (approximately £21) we could really make an impact on the street animal population.
Here are the details of the Kapsa UK bank account:
UK Bank Account
Lloyds TSB Bank Plc
Account Number: 00259909
Sort Code:30-97-62
Account Name: KAPSA

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 09:13:37 PM »
would you care to expand on your post??????????????

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »
Always one isn't there?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:18:12 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »
Dear Richard slip,
Re
people of kalkan don't belive all you are told about the street animals your being manipulated in to beliveing there is only one way  to solve the problem.
I am really quite intrigued about the comment you have made - please do elaborate. I am not sure how you feel we are 'manipulating' the people of Kalkan. Everything we do  and why is explained in the Kapsa FAQ's on this website. As an official association all our records have to be completely transparent ie available for anyone to look at. If you have the time when you are next in Kalkan we would be happy to show them to you. They detail all income and expenditures, they are also inspected each year by the authorities in KaÅŸ.
As to  'there is only one way to solve the problem' the way we are choosing is the way outlined in the Turkish animal rights bill No.5199 and incidentally also by the World Health Authority

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »
Dear Me - Mr Slip - aka Dick,which also rhymes with another word for the same part of the body, sounds like a
third world megaphone announcement - "people of Kalkan etc"   Next thing he will be advocating is that we all paint ourselves green and pretend to be trees. In the meantime, there are those of us who are addressing the problem in a more logical and coherent way - thank God for caring people - lets keep up the good work!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »
Looks like Dickie Slip has slipped out ,seems like he likes fishing. ;D >:D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:27:51 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
Hello there, Cris and I aren't exactly "owners" yet in as much as we presently only own a share in a concrete foundation (hopefully soon to be a very lovely block of 4 apartments). However, as you will see from our "introduction" notice on the forum, we are great animal lovers and were so pleased to see how well supported the Kalkan street animals are. As such, we have just arranged a BACS transfer as requested and very much hope that it helps. Please keep up the good work, some of the idiotic, thoughtless and downright ignorant posts on the forum about the street animals can best be answered by the kind and considerate people joining together and making a difference. Thank you again, good luck with your mission! Kindest regards, Elaine and Cris.

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »
Dear Cris and Elaine. Thank you for your kind words and your donation, it is reassuring when new comers to Kalkan see and support the work we are trying to do. Certainly the more that do so the bigger the difference we can make.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

exclamation
Attention Property Owners

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 10:04:25 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Charge to property owners for road upgrade

Started by Velia on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post March 04, 2010, 09:07:07 PM
by howmad
xx
Notice to all property and/or business owners in Kalkan

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
by MartynE
xx
Any rental owners find their property information on sites without permission?

Started by mark on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post September 25, 2012, 10:58:33 PM
by kal1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal