Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cheapest Car Hire with inclusive Child Car Seat (age 2 and a half) ??  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Harrogate_female

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hello

I am looking to hire a car for a week, but I need a child car seat for a 2 year old. When I look at car hire its may seem a good deal, but then its an additional cost for the child car seat that makes it quite expensive.

The best deal I can find is Enjoy Kalkan car hire which is £154 for 7 days (including child car seat and insurance); but before i book it, I just wondered if anyone knew of any better deal?

CAR HIRE REQUIRED:-
collect Dalaman Airport 07/Oct at 4pm.
drop off Dalaman Airport 14/Oct at 2am.
driver age 28.
child car seat (age 2) required.

Thanks everyone!!   ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4427.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
if you go to the search facility and type in "car hire" you should get all the different providers. There's one company in Kalkan that collects you from the airport and takes you back and you just keep the car whilst you're there.
Sorry, I can't remember the name of the comapny - think it might be central cars or something like that. Saves you having to drive the transfer yoursleves - I'm sure it will come up in the search. :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Just so you know if you didnt fancy the drive to or from the airport just select the "WE DRIVE" box when booking your car through EnjoyKalkan and a driver will drive your hire car for you for an additional £20  :)

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: Cheapest Car Hire with inclusive Child Car Seat (age 2 and a half) ??
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 12:00:45 AM »
Thats a lot more expensive than Central Rent A Car !

Offline Harrogate_female

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
For anyone else who is in a simillar situation (i.e. needs 7 day car hire with a child car seat) the two other companies I have found at a good price are as follows:

Fethiye Rent A Car £147 for 7 days Fiat Albea & Child Car Seat inclusive

Explora Turkey Car Hire £143 for 7 days Fiat Palio & Child Car Seat inclusive - they have just sent me an email and advised they can offer a Fiat Albea and child car seat for 7 days for £135, so Im going to book this.

I cant find the website for central rent a car for comparrison?? what is it please - thanks
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:03:47 PM by Harrogate_female »

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
I cant find the website for central rent a car for comparrison?? what is it please

centralrentacar.co.uk
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
It's not a good idea to just look at the cost of car hire in isolation - a good reputation, good vehicles and courteous, safe drivers are paramount. Please bear this in mind when selecting the right provider for you. We use Enes, www.enesrentacar.net who may not be the cheapest but in all the years of using them they have never let us, or our guests down. I have absolutely no connection to them.
Just a point to bear in mind - it's not all about the £ - or lira!

Offline Harrogate_female

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
- it's not all about the £ - or lira!

I appreciate your sentiments; and without being able to physically meet in person with each car hire company I can only make a judgement based on my contact via email with the car hire representatives and through reading through the small print on what is covered by the car hire contract etc.

however, in our case the cost is quite important as the cost of our holiday is already quite expensive as we now have to pay full price (flight + accom) for a toddler aged just over 2; and we were going to just get a transfer from the airport, but seeing as though i was quoted £110 for return transfer I thought id shop around for the nearest equivalent as a car hire for the 7 days stay for £135.

I have checked out central rent a cars and didnt find it to be cheaper; and Enes was quite expensive too; I have since been offered £125 by Fethiye car hire (the cheapest) but I felt that Explora Turkey car hire seemed more comprehensive in their response and management of our booking and i am happy with the details of the contract.

I will of course post on here once I have used Explora Turkey and can give an accurate account of the quality (or otherwise) of their service.

but the point of this post, is to inform others who may be in a similar situation where price is a strong consideration; as ive found many car firms add £40+ for the hire of a car seat for one week.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Half day boat trip with small child?

Started by tarheelex on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 10:00:23 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Cheapest hire car company

Started by onelove on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post November 08, 2011, 10:39:58 PM
by villakova
xx
Ottoman seat

Started by annav on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 03:12:15 PM
by annav
xx
Ottoman seat

Started by annav on Classifieds - Wanted

0 Replies
Last post September 23, 2010, 10:46:38 PM
by annav

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Shopping

Views: 4085
By: irfan
cafe