Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Wife's Birthday!  (Read 1893 times)

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
My Wife's Birthday!
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:33:26 AM »
Having been in Kalkan for a week in June my wife and I travel back out again on Monday for another 2 week holiday staying again at the the Kelebek.  What she doesn't realise is that we are also being joined by her parents to celebrate her 30th birthday on the 28th September.  Unfortunately she lost an Aunt she was close to last week so we were in two minds on whether to cancel the holiday or not but have decided to go ahead.

It has been a bit of a difficult year/summer for us and I would like to make her birthday as special as possible.  Can any recommend a restaurant who will make a real fuss of her and basically go the extra mile on her birthday night. 

As her parents are with us for the first week we will probably want to hire a car for a 2-3 days as they won't be as happy to sit around as we would.  Her father is just through a hip operation 6 weeks ago so still isn't the most mobile so places like Salikent valley is definiately out.  We will probably drive to Kas, Patara, visit a trout farm etc but is there is anywhere else we shouldn't miss whenever we have the use of a car and is there any links to a good map for driving?

Things I have already planned/decided to do are:
Turkish Bath when we arrive
Day at a Beach Club (visited Kalamar last time so probably Palm this time)
Canoe Trip
Boat Trip (not sure which one)

I have had to delay writing this post as my wife uses the forum but hopefully she won't be checking it over the weekend before we go!  I put this in the general forum a is covers a few things!

I appreciate any advise given.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4392.0

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: My Wife's Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »
How lovely are you!  My OH never plans any surprises for me  :'(

My daughters birthday usually falls when we are in Kalkan in July and we have spent the evening in Baharat and Aubergine and both are really good in their own rights - but I would recommend that you make a reservation, tell them it's a birthday and they will sort out a cake for you.

All the other things you have planned sound great and I would recommend either of the Yildiz boats - we are booked on one of them next week!

Another place to go is the Mediteran for lunch - Just read Antlers review on here to find out what its like.

Have a great holiday.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:16:57 AM »
Kaya restaurant are always excellent at making a fuss of people..if you speak to them before I am sure they will do a cake etc.
Falcon boat does day trips from the harbour..
There is an amazing florist in kalkan..for flowers on her birthday maybe?
Car hire has been really busy this year so you probably need to tie something up very quickly.
Hope it all works out

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »
I would go to Aubergine - romantic setting by the harbour and they always make an effort to cater for special occasions. Definitely need to book and select table by the harbour. As for car hire we always use Abi Travel located in main street of old town just up from Merkez bar.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:54:21 PM »
I agree with Turkey fan, Yildiz 1 is perfect for a boat trip - you could hire it for £100 for just the four of you and that includes lunch and afternoon tea with he most gorgeous homemade cake. Adem is a lovely skipper, you will have a pefect day. For the special meal if you're wanting it to be romantic, my choice would be Villa Mahal but if you're wanting a fuss, I'd say Ibo. I've been in there on several occasions when we've joined in singing happy birthday to a fellow diner...ask for a table on the top terrace and mention it's your wife's birthday. Like Tyros we always hire a car from Linda at Abi Travel
Have a lovely time :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline tonik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »
A friend's mother had her birthday whilst in Kalkan this year. She was out on one of the boats for the day and someone actually swam out to the boat holding birthday cake aloft! Which certainly impressed me. :) I'm afraid I don't know who provided the cake but am sure if you asked the owners of either Falcon or Yildiz they may well know the answer because Kalkan is such a close community.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »
Don't rule Saklikent out. My 90 year old dad (2 replacement knees) loves it - not walking down the gorge of course - but walking as far as the cafe, which is level where he can sit with an Efes and watch the raging water and the people. You can then drive up Tlos to Yaka Park (make sure it is the 'orijinal' Yaka Park) where you can have lunch for 12 lira but go at about 2pm. Earlier you have coach trips and at 3pm they close the food.

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »
Many thanks for all the advice and I'm sure my wife will appreciate it too!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Help to convince my wife

Started by Griffo63 on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post October 02, 2011, 08:52:42 PM
by misty
xx
Twelve Camels For Your Wife

Started by dearsley on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 19, 2021, 03:17:05 PM
by dearsley
xx
daytime pint of effes without wife

Started by seasick on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post September 11, 2010, 02:37:12 PM
by iminei
xx
Birthday

Started by david stokes on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post June 01, 2016, 10:49:56 AM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

restaurant

Views: 2474
By: NONAMETR
Efes Factory - Nice!