Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mediteran - BBQ Evening - 27th August  (Read 1973 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Mediteran - BBQ Evening - 27th August
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »
We took the short taxi ride up the hill and arrived at the Mediteran before 8pm, just as we would normally be leaving, having watched the sun set. The staff were refreshed and gave us that enormous welcome we have become accustomed to over the last couple of weeks. The evening meal and dancing was £15, and based on the lunches we had, we expected we would be in for a treat....

The background music, and the setting, with the lanterns and the lilac table cloths, covered (I'm told) in shimmering "organza" is a delight.

Chef Mustaf and his Team were bringing out the array of Meze and the BBQ was starting to cook.

We joined a table with a lovely family from Surrey, right on the edge of the Terrace, and so the evening began.

Being invited to the Meze buffet, we were served, and helped ourselves, to a gorgeous range of dishes. I just loved the fried aubergines with tomoato and yoghurt relishes. There were so many dishes from which to choose - if you had to choose!

The moon was coming up over the bay and highlighting the two islands in the background. The lights were twinkling down in the village, but there was no noise, just the Turkish music in the background.

The meats followed, and it is true, Chef Mustaf's Kofte are even better from the BBQ. I had to decline the Chicken, as I spied these tender lamb chops and the Chef was not listening to my "Whooah! That's enough!!"

Chatting and eating and enjoying - of course  - the LAL Rose, the ambience just got better. The moon was rising and almost illuminating all the bay. The stars seemed just as bright. The sea was a mirror shining white. We tried to imagine what it would be that you would want, if you wanted something better than this?  We did not know. And it was at that moment that we looked across the table and said "we will be here next year". It was hard to describe all the elements of that evening that came together, but it worked extremely well.

The staff were winding up the music and you could feel the music in their steps.  I forget who said "when the heart is full you sing, and when it over-flows, you dance" but these guys had over-flowing hearts. They just had to dance. And so they danced.

Of course there were even more meats brought round by the Chef and then desserts. I am told the Baklava and vanilla ice cream was to die for. And the range of delicious fresh fruit. But I was full of this wonderful feeling of being in paradise and feeling humble that I couldn't  wish for anything else, just us, wedged here between the stars and the sea.

It was dark on the terrace, so I could wipe away a tear unnoticed and turn back to the guys on the dance floor with their outstretched arms and beaming faces.

The Mediteran truly is a very memorable place.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4258.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Mediteran - BBQ Evening - 27th August
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
Hi Antler
The Kalkan bug has well and truly got to you :D
loving all your reports and counting the time until our next planned trip in October.
15 years and counting of truly wonderful times in Kalkan. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
Another superb report, have decided we must try this place when we return.  Thanks for sharing these with us.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
Yes..... another smashing report......you sound like one of lifes good guys ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »
Just so lovely to hear of someone being so happy.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
I am going to request that Jon puts all your reports together, in date order, so future visitors can really see and feel how the Kalkan Love Bug strikes people.
Brilliant reports, they have become my daily must-read.
Joan 

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 12:31:15 AM »
Loving these reports, so evocative, really makes me want to be there. Great suggestion Joan H.

Offline dblma

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 07:11:11 AM »
We are going to Kalkan for the first time in a few weeks.

I am on this website a number of times each day and can't wait for your daily reports - you can't imagine how much you are making me look forward to going!!!

We are staying in a villa near Mediteran so your reports re this are especially interesting to us.

Its fab having you try some of the great things that Kalkan has to offer and report back to the rest of us - hope you have a while left to enjoy and to pass on more info!!!

Thanks

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather - 27th July - 10th August

Started by Leigh on Weather

1 Replies
Last post May 19, 2009, 01:42:24 PM
by Vieux con
xx
one Thomas cook flight 9th August - 24th August

Started by suzyq1 on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 11:02:05 AM
by suzyq1
xx
Mediteran Apartment

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post May 22, 2008, 08:12:53 AM
by kalkanfan
recycled
Mediteran barbecue

Started by nerissa on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 17, 2010, 11:15:18 AM
by nerissa

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal