Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cocktails  (Read 2663 times)

Offline MikeYork

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Cocktails
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:59:37 AM »
Sure there should be some views on where to get great cocktails and - thou might be tricky - wine.  What I mean here is quality eg G&T with Hendricks gin...In other words a step up from that UK institution that is Yates (great prices but less so quality).  Any suggestions?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4198.0

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Cocktails
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
Try the fruity mojito at the Likya Residence bar, without a doubt the best drink I have tasted for a long time.

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »
I totally agree with Kalkankiki - Mojitos at the Lykia Residence and Spa are the best -have tried them in most places (in the name of research of course  ;))! In fact most of the cocktails there are better than elsewhere and reasonable prices. The barman there used to be at Gironda but moved this summer to Lykia with Jimmy the restaurant manager. Sipping a cocktail at the outdoor bar overlooking the harbour is wonderful.
I've been back to Coast@Gironda to sample their cocktails - cos the setting in the inner courtyard is undoubtedly beautiful - but found them to be more expensive and just not quite the same standard.

Not so certain Mike that you'll be lucky enough to find Hendricks Gin, I think the best you'll get in Kalkan is Bombay Saphire. However, it would be great to be proved wrong and find out where it's being served/sold.  :)
Rosie

Offline MikeYork

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:01:40 PM »
Thanks both - Mojto a fav and Lykia Residence sounds like a must.  Fly off on the 5th so will report back on this important research topic. Might invest in some Hendricks at the Duty Free - so could build my own if need be!

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:11:35 AM »
Mike

It's also worth noting that you can hang out at Lykia Residence all day, using their pool and facilities if you are eating and drinking there. The bar is situated outdoors by the pool and sunbeds and the dining tables and chairs are situated mainly to the other side with the wonderful sea views. They've got fabulous spa facilities as well, so you can totally get the 'feel good factor'! If you look on KTLN you'll see that Jimmy is featured this month on 'day in the life of', he's really a top guy and will look after you.

I don't have any association with them, just a satisfied customer!

Have a great time with your research  ;)
Rosie

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Best cocktails ?

Started by Lucy Lou on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post July 11, 2016, 06:13:45 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Best place for cocktails?

Started by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

22 Replies
Last post April 28, 2012, 02:30:14 PM
by jobly
xx
Kleo Cocktails

Started by Bexscho on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post June 03, 2012, 10:38:59 PM
by JenJen
xx
Cocktails in Kalkan

Started by JonJon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 12:54:02 PM
by JonJon

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal