Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: MikeYork on August 22, 2009, 08:59:37 AM

Title: Cocktails
Post by: MikeYork on August 22, 2009, 08:59:37 AM
Sure there should be some views on where to get great cocktails and - thou might be tricky - wine.  What I mean here is quality eg G&T with Hendricks gin...In other words a step up from that UK institution that is Yates (great prices but less so quality).  Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Cocktails
Post by: kalkankiki on August 22, 2009, 07:28:15 PM
Try the fruity mojito at the Likya Residence bar, without a doubt the best drink I have tasted for a long time.
Post by: Rosie on August 23, 2009, 11:08:39 AM
I totally agree with Kalkankiki - Mojitos at the Lykia Residence and Spa are the best -have tried them in most places (in the name of research of course  ;))! In fact most of the cocktails there are better than elsewhere and reasonable prices. The barman there used to be at Gironda but moved this summer to Lykia with Jimmy the restaurant manager. Sipping a cocktail at the outdoor bar overlooking the harbour is wonderful.
I've been back to Coast@Gironda to sample their cocktails - cos the setting in the inner courtyard is undoubtedly beautiful - but found them to be more expensive and just not quite the same standard.

Not so certain Mike that you'll be lucky enough to find Hendricks Gin, I think the best you'll get in Kalkan is Bombay Saphire. However, it would be great to be proved wrong and find out where it's being served/sold.  :)
Rosie
Post by: MikeYork on August 24, 2009, 10:01:40 PM
Thanks both - Mojto a fav and Lykia Residence sounds like a must.  Fly off on the 5th so will report back on this important research topic. Might invest in some Hendricks at the Duty Free - so could build my own if need be!
Post by: Rosie on August 25, 2009, 08:11:35 AM
Mike

It's also worth noting that you can hang out at Lykia Residence all day, using their pool and facilities if you are eating and drinking there. The bar is situated outdoors by the pool and sunbeds and the dining tables and chairs are situated mainly to the other side with the wonderful sea views. They've got fabulous spa facilities as well, so you can totally get the 'feel good factor'! If you look on KTLN you'll see that Jimmy is featured this month on 'day in the life of', he's really a top guy and will look after you.

I don't have any association with them, just a satisfied customer!

Have a great time with your research  ;)
Rosie
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal