Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greetings everyone.  (Read 1255 times)

Offline suilven

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Greetings everyone.
« on: July 12, 2009, 10:26:29 PM »
Hi everyone....just wanted to say what a great source of information this forum has been recently while we researched our 1st visit to Kalkan. We absolutely loved the place and the people...so friendly! Got back late last night and as if that wasn't bad enough today has been cool, wet and very dull here in north west Scotland!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3859.0

Offline toffeelad

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • COYB..
    • Share Post
Re: Greetings everyone.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
Hi Suilven. Sounds like you have been bitten by the Kalkan bug,which is understandable.

Toffeelad
Its nice to be important,
but its more important to be nice.

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »
Hi Suilven,we go to Kalkan on the 6th August for 2 weeks.Maybe you could recommend some places to eat,and which supermarkets to shop in.

Cheers Jimmo  :)

Offline suilven

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • www.enjoykalkan.com
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
Hi there Jimmo...I'm jealous and wish I was going back too!  However it was very, very hot last week so be prepared.
We mostly shopped at the Yali or Tesko supermarket but there seemed to be lots of similar places around. Those 2 were on our way up the hill in the direction of our apartment although we always walked down and taxied back up as it was so hot and we were laden with supplies.  Restaurants also are abundant and you will be spoiled for choice.  The food was excellent everywhere we went but a particular favourite was Sofra which was very central in the old town and the view from the rooftop terrace was stunning.
I hope you have a fantastic time!

Offline jimmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:56:57 PM »
Hi Suilven,thanks for the bit info,we normally goto Turkey in the first 2 weeks in August so we know how hot it can be, the hotter the better for me but the wife finds it tiring. we were in Ovichek 2 years ago and went to fetihey for the day and it was 50c and that was really hot for us.WE are up the hillside also towards the new school from the google map.

Jimmo.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal