Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Service beyond the call of duty!  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Yves

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Service beyond the call of duty!
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »
As a new owner of a property in Kalkan I have been amazed by the level of help and service I have received. In particular I feel I have to mention Kenan from Turkmen Carpets ( opposite the Doy Doy restaurant ). Nothing was too much trouble ( cos'' believe me, I am a fussy bugger! ), I feel embarrassed by the number of rugs, kilims, wall hangings, throws, cushion covers etc etc which were delivered to my door on a regular basis, and then returned, until I found the perfect pieces, each one with its own interesting history. One piece in particular has its other half hanging in a museum in Istanbul and Kenan even went to the trouble of finding this in a book which he keeps in the shop ( it is quite common for large kilims to be cut into two runners ). Although my house is only five years old I know I have a touch of Turkish history. Thank you so much Turkmen Carpets!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3531.0

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Service beyond the call of duty!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Could not agree more Yves.

I was introduced to Kenan by a friend.  I did buy a Kilim from him, but what I found amazing was that he would come to my place and help me hang my Turkish and Arabian rugs bought elsewhere.  He also was able to provide more information on those rugs.  Kenan definitely has a love of the product he delivers; it is not just about the sale for him.

And, the shop (near Doy Doy) is a great place if you like to see beautiful rugs without a pressure sale.

Mark
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »
I also agree about Kenan and his wide ranging  knowledge about carpets. I often go in just for a chat and glass of cay. We have bought from him in the past and will do so again in the future. If you are nervous about entering a carpet shop fear not, Kenan is not pushy and will be quite happy to talk and show off his wares. He has also done up the downstairs storeroom into another showroom.He also does modern patchwork kilims as well as traditional ones.

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:06:32 PM »
I also went in to look at bedspreads recently and received very polite service without feeling under any pressure to buy.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2014 Roll Call.....

Started by kalkan4eva on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

36 Replies
Last post April 17, 2014, 08:47:13 PM
by kizzy
xx
Turkish mobile phones - call barring?

Started by Tomcat on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post February 12, 2014, 10:32:20 PM
by si18665
xx
duty free

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post September 03, 2011, 01:14:03 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Duty Free

Started by yakamoz on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 12:58:45 PM
by PurpleYorkieLove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal