Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Deomography of visitors to Kalkan  (Read 16822 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Deomography of visitors to Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 04:33:26 PM »
whats turkish for plums?...erics i believe? ;D ;D :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
Off topic I know but is Turkish for peach a "naughty" word as well ???

Back on topic we noticed last year a few young hooray henriettas with extremely plummy ya ya voices, screeching obscenities and generally being obnoxious on a couple pf occasions. Hope it''s not a trend!

Offline belinda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
This is all to do with villa lettings. When an owner advertises ''sleeps 8 or sleeps 10'' what do you expect,
a holiday to kalkan becomes a cheap holiday for anyone. And these large groups of young people are not all hooray henrys. There was a bunch of party animals near to us from Madchester, definately not ''posh'', shouting and screaming all night, but you can''t expect owt else, they''re on holiday!
  Still we can''t have our cake and eat it too, If we want to make bucks for holiday lettings, then we gets what books, it''s time for many of us who saw this as a little bit of paradise, away from the madding crowd,
 as it was 4 or 5 years ago, to move on. 
Anyone heard about Adrasan, near Olympus?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »
Belinda, I don''t think Kalkan is a cheap holiday  ??? and for gangs of girls and lads - wherever they come from - there''s very little to keep them amused, as Fidimax says. My experience of Kalkan has been that the loudest people at the beach clubs are those with decidely plummier accents...not a wife beating sleevless shirt in sight  :o I don''t think Kalkan is going to turn into Falaraki anytime soon - unless the locals want it to.

Thomson, Exclusive Escapes and Tapestry all do package holidays to Kalkan - what''s to say the rowdy ones you''ve all noticed recently haven''t travelled with those operators?

It''s a fact of life, places change and because we all love Kalkan and talk about it means it will attract more visitors - must make sure I tune my yobdar up before I mention it in future! ;)
Good luck selling your holiday homes!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
P.S the young ladies that were writhing about on the floor simulating lesbian sex at the top of the hill opposite the moonlight were embarrassing not only to my country but to the bemused turks as well!!(and they weren''''t very good!!) ::)

You''re so funny blue lizard  :laugh:

Seriously though, that kind of behaviour is totally inappropriate in public and completely out of order.  Interestingly, the topless bints parading around at the Mahal beach club were Olivias and Arabellas, and they were vile.  All social classes have a healthy representation of morons, especially when they''re on the sauce.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »
The only problem I have ever had was in Aubergines three or four families of chinless wonders were allowing there kids to run riot running and screaming all around the restaurant. Then the parents on a table adjoining ours all lit up and polluted us with cigarette and cigar smoke !!! Only stopped when I had a quiet word with one of the fathers  ;D

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Hi

I have to admit that we rented to two young ladies a few years ago. Within 24 hours of them arriving I received a phone call from my managing agent asking for advice. I was told these two ladies were around the pool naked during the day, and were having nude pool parties at night with a couple of the local waiters!

I told the agent to ask them to put their clothes back on, or give them their money back and tell them to p*** o**!

From the state of the place when they left, they had simply taken the parties indoors!
Em
Em

Offline belinda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »
Hi K4E,
 The incident described by latebreaks occurred in a villa, the people I described were also in a villa, and those described by Lincurly also in a villa
The subject here is ''the demography of vistors to kalkan'' and have we noticed a change, well some of us have and the change ain''t too popular,
 When the tour operators brought people here almost exclusively we didn''t notice these things, but now there are so many people competing to let their villas'' we do.
 Sure, we can''t stop progress and this has got to be future, and sure, good luck to the villa owners making a buck or two, but for those who bought and planned their retirement here it''s a shame.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 08:29:48 PM »
Hi

I have to admit that we rented to two young ladies a few years ago. Within 24 hours of them arriving I received a phone call from my managing agent asking for advice. I was told these two ladies were around the pool naked during the day, and were having nude pool parties at night with a couple of the local waiters!

I told the agent to ask them to put their clothes back on, or give them their money back and tell them to p*** o**!

From the state of the place when they left, they had simply taken the parties indoors!
Em

Mr Lizard now rents out to them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline timwhit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »
the incident referred to by latebreaks happened in my villa , involved my daughter !!! , it goes with out saying that there is a huge bollocking waiting for her when she returns , and her time in kalkan has come to an end !! sorry to all who where disturbed !!!

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Hi Tim
How brave of you to be so honest, I am sure you will be forgiven.
Are you selling tickets for this ''huge bollocking''?
Take care
Em

Offline timwhit

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
its going to be massive , she has let me down ! idiot child !!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 10:19:01 PM »
Do you want to borrow one of my huge flip flops or do you have your own? :laugh:

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
quite possibly the apres A level gangs......don''t worry the parents and teenagers will be back once we get to the end of term!  :laugh:

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »
all part of growing up.  We''ve all been there!

Offline Lincurly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
Tim at least it wasn''t your daughter I saw about to shag on the balcony mid afternoon!
We haven''t rented our villa but in the info packs that the owners provide could something be written to ask renters to respect others and keep the noise down etc?anyway this could be controlled more?
I''m do relieved our neighbours in kalkan don''t rent theirs out either. I''m not saying all renters behave badly and of course people want to enjoy themselves BUT all year I look forward to our summer relaxing in kalkan and have begun to experience annoying loud people. Must remember ear plugs this year!
We always remind our young children not to be too loud/ respect others. Young Rupert & Tarquin aren''t old enough to go alone yet! Cross that bridge in a few years! Please don''t flame me

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:47 PM »
all part of growing up.  We''''ve all been there!
No we haven''t all been there, I certainly haven''t and neither have my 2 offspring. I was taught social resposibility by my parents. This means having a good time without doing anything to upset or annoy the people around you. We in turn instilled this into our children!
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline izzy35

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »
hi, i have to say i am shocked to read this thread.  I am at an age where i like to enjoy a peaceful escape from a busy lifestyle.  The reason my wife and i chose Kalkan was because it is portrayed to be an idyllic and tranquil location with stunning views.  We both enjoythe freedom of staying out after a meal, having a few drinks as one slowly progresses to the hotel.  However, this thread demonstrates how the reality of Kalkan could resemble Benidorm!  I have nothing against this, i went quite a few years ago, it was a laugh, but it wasn''t for me and certainly not for my wife.  It''s one thing to have a good time but it is ruined by stupid behaviour whatever your background.  We are not put off but we have changed our expectations of Kalkan.   ;)   

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
We have quite enough of that behaviour in our home town, thats why we escape to Kalkan each year, (maybe one day we will make the move permanent)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »
Oh & the mobile phones - we have a couple who have bought an apartment infront of us, quite high up with a very large balcony which faces away from us, we have never met them but, infact not sure what they look like, but we do know quite a lot about them now. We know his name, her name, that they own the apartment & where they are from & who some of their best friends are !!!!

Why do people have to shout down their mobile phone or speak so loudly, whilst sitting out on a balcony or around a pool, we all know that sound travels well around Kalkan, if we don''t, we sure as hell find out soon enough in some ways.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:31:14 AM by DRBD »
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time visitors to Turkey/Kalkan

Started by Ainsley on Introduce Yourself

24 Replies
Last post July 26, 2012, 08:17:44 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
First visitors to Kalkan (not mentioning the greeks etc :-)

Started by tonik1945 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post March 08, 2013, 11:20:24 AM
by tonik1945
xx
How late are bars open out of season? Esp April & May & Age of kalkan visitors

Started by Llondon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 03:26:26 AM
by Llondon
xx
visitors forum

Started by misty on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post May 31, 2011, 09:58:56 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Guess Where?

Views: 3076
By: Brooksie
Kalkan dog