Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Komurluk  (Read 7853 times)

Offline Juj

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Komurluk
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:42:44 PM »
Hello,
We`re planning a to Kalkan in June and have found a lovely apartment in the Komurluk area, but are unsure whether it may be a little too far from the restaurants and shops.
We like to stay somewhere quiet, but within walking distance of restaurants.
Can anyone help us out as I`ve not had much luck finding it on the maps.
Kalkan looks lovely and we can`t wait to see it, as this will be our 1st Turkish experience.
Many thanks for your advice :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3562.0

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Komurluk
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:07:42 AM »
Hi Juj

You have chosen well in picking Kalkan for your first Turkish experience, but it will probably spoil you for the rest of Turkey!

We have some friends who have a gorgeous apartment in Komurluk and they love it.  It''s a very quiet and beautiful setting with fantastic views over the bay.... to be honest, it is a bit of a walk to the main body of restaurants and bars in the town; they normally walk in to town for an evening (it takes about 15 - 20 mins, depending on how fit you are) and get a taxi home afterwards.   Or they hire a car for the week if they are going to be going out & about sightseeing anyway (and there''s plenty of sights to see in this area of Turkey).

You will have a lovely time anyway... enjoy Kalkan! :D

Offline Juj

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »
Thanks MartynE for your help.
Do you think the town would probably be too noisy for us, we hate having a disturbed night`s sleep and are looking forward to just chilling out ?

Offline morgan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:44:39 AM »
Hi Juj,
We have an apartment in Komurluk.It is a lovely area,very quiet,with fabulous views.The walk into town takes us 15minutes,walking back,a bit longer(depending on how much you''ve had to eat and drink!)There is a beach club(palm beach) below us,which is great for a lazy day,swimming and relaxing.We never hear any music or noise from there.They provide a free water taxi into the harbour.
You have chosen a great area for your holiday,have a wonderful time and let us know how you get on.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »
Hi Juj,
Kormurluk is the perfect location if you want peace and quiet and close proximity to the centre of Kalkan. Also, the views are stunning from there and you will benefit from having the sun longer. We stayed there last year in June and were often still out on our terrace sunbathing at 8pm. Depending where you are in Kormurluk there''s a steep climb up to the Kas Road and then it''s a flat 10 min walk to the centre. We walked in and back every day/night with no problems - it''s a nice walk (pack a little maglite for the walk back in the evenings - the Kas Road is well lit, but when you head down to Kormurluk properties you are relying on property security lights a lot of the time). A lot of the locals park their scooters and cars on the Kas Road between Kormurluk and the Kalkan centre to watch the sun go down - I''ve got some amazing photos from there. If you''re looking on the map of Kalkan, Kormurluk is between the beach and Patara Prince Resort.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Juj

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:23:28 PM »
Thank you folks for the reassurance, it does sound like my homework may have paid off. It feels like I`ve spent hours on the laptop trying to find the perfect spot for our special hol.
Only thing that`s a pain are the night / early morning flights, but we`ll just have to put up with them.
Hoping to finalise everything tomorrow and then it`s countdown.

Again, thank you for all your help and we`re really looking forward to getting there. :laugh:

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 11:14:28 PM »
We returned home from the Komurluk apartments yesterday. Cannot be beaten, absolutely the best part of Kalkan to stay in for the view and the peace, and hey, a 15 min. walk into the centre of Kalkan in lovely sunshine is surely no chore. Chris and I do it twice a day when we are in Kalkan. (invitation Mr Lizard! >:D) It helps to burn off the Efes and food consumed.

Cheers Allan and Chris
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
Thanks MartynE for your help.
Do you think the town would probably be too noisy for us, we hate having a disturbed night`s sleep and are looking forward to just chilling out ?

You shouldn''t hear any noise in Komurluk but to be honest, Kalkan isn''t noisy anyway.  (Sociable yes; noisy, no). You will hear some music coming out of the odd bar or two but the most common sound in Kalkan is laughter.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
D400 at Komurluk

Started by AllanChris on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
by AllanChris
xx
Path to Komurluk from the town beach

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 13, 2012, 08:54:34 AM
by amber
xx
WANTED - Apartment / Villa 16/6 - 02/7 pref Kisla / Komurluk

Started by Drakeasinduck on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

4 Replies
Last post February 19, 2016, 06:31:23 PM
by Drakeasinduck

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal