Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A gentle jog  (Read 2770 times)

Offline malcolm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
A gentle jog
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
 :P This time next week we''ll be there (staying at theSamira/Tekinberk) with all you lucky Kalkanites. Advice please; is there anywhere to go for a pleasant early morning jog. It looks pretty hilly with no long beach so a flattish/ slight incline, relatively traffic free route would be ideal.
Any advice gratefully received,
Malcolm and Carol.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3540.0

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: A gentle jog
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Hi Malcolm

I''m impressed you intend to carry on with your jogging routine whilst in Kalkan and yes, you''re fairly accurate in your assessment of the terrain.

A Turkish friend of mine goes jogging in the early morning along the Kas road. I think it''s about the only route out of Kalkan that doesn''t have extreme hill climbs. The road isn''t too busy so you shouldn''t have problems with traffic and it''s a lovely coastal route to take.

The nearest long flat beach is Patara, but you''d have to either drive or take a bus there. It''s about 15 mins drive away from Kalkan.

Have you considered going to the gym and using the treadmill instead of the roads?  The gym is located at the Yali Shopping Centre above Yali Supermarket within 5 mins walking of your hotel and is quite well equipped. You can either pay per session or book 5 days at a discount. It''s got A.C and if you went early morning it should be quite pleasant.

Hope you have a great time whatever you decide to do   8) 8)

Rosie

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »
I don''t think the Kas road is really ideal for jogging !! some of the drivers don''t seem to watch where they are going and if they don''t see traffic they sure as hell aint going to see a jogger :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »
I run from the villa (just above the SD) up the new road then follow it along to the where the original road turns for Kalkan...then back into Kalkan via the old road..always do it in August leaving about mid day...I like running in the heat.  ;D ;D

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »
Ha Ha Misty! :laugh:

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
What   >:D >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
I think you would only do that once! if the cars didn''t squish you,the heat stroke didn''t get you then the men in white coats would deffo get you!! ;D ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
There were men in white coats but I out ran them  :) :) :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
It was at this point wifey woke you up and said you''''d fallen asleep by the pool again!! :angel:

in all seriousness Kalkan isn''''t ideal for jogging..the nearest to it was like 2 South African friends of ours did who jogged the length of Kalamar road a couple of times each day in the early morning...(i used to wave from the balcony while pigging out on breakfast!! :angel:)..........they used to speed up when i shouted out "theres a lion behind you"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:04:33 PM by blue lizard »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »
I once saw two young ladies jogging along the main road, early afternoon I was sat under a tree cooling down on my walk back up the hill from town to buy a pot of glue !!!

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »
My neighbours in Kalkan, reguarly run along Patara Beach.  Or they get a cab to drop them at Kaputus Beach and run back from there!!  Our apartments are next to the Regency, so they have a good run up & down hills!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
please be gentle with me!! I'm brand new..

Started by jamie on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post March 22, 2008, 04:23:22 PM
by Lorretta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Lovely Kalkan

Views: 2647
By: Lizilu20
Ephesus