Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: budget  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
budget
« on: May 24, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »
Right - I''ve established Kalkan looks like the place for us . . . got the Crocs for the beaches and the cardi for the cooler nights! But I''m trying to sort out a rough budget about how much cash to take and was wondering if someone could give me a steer about some vague prices of things . . . beer, a half decent dinner for two with a bottle of wine, water, buses that kind of thing. Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3537.0

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
Re: budget
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:17:01 AM »
We normally work out that (on average) food & drink in Kalkan costs about 2/3rds what similar goods would be in UK. Some stuff is more (wine is quite expensive by UK standards considering the standard) but some is considerably less than in the UK.

Overall, as I said, if you would normally think in terms of £30 per head for a half decent meal with a bottle of wine in a nice restaurant in the UK, expect more like £20 per head for an equivalent experience in Kalkan.  (Except the food in Kalkan will almost certainly be better, the waiters friendlier and the views simply stunning). :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »
Baggy the choice is overwhelming for eating out, but if you have a look on the restaurant threads you''ll see which places are the cheaper end and which are the more expensive. I slightly disgree with Martyn as I think in some of the more expensive restaurants, Aubergine, Trio, Mahal etc. you are paying equivalent prices to home, but the setting, the ambience and service are far superior.
Efes beer is available in all the supermarkets and is very reasonable - cheaper than the quality beer at home - if you''re self catering - but expect to pay about 4tl for a beer in the bars - unless anyone knows where it''s cheaper  ;) We don''t do buses, so can''t help you there, but as for water, buy the biggest containers you can carry and fill your bottles from that and you''ll find that''s cheaper than home.
I''m sure you''ll have a great holiday
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
Efes is 3.5TL in Barbeque. :laugh:
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan on a budget

Started by Slushpuppie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

22 Replies
Last post September 07, 2010, 07:18:58 AM
by kris kadin
xx
1st visit on a budget

Started by Glowe2802 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 10:00:08 PM
by Firecat
xx
mid-range daily budget?

Started by oldie-girl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

19 Replies
Last post March 27, 2009, 08:34:35 PM
by oldie-girl
xx
Budget Accomodation Recommendation - 1 bed

Started by Ceri32 on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 03:26:51 PM
by HEATH

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal