Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: AUBERGINE- NICE SURPRISE!!  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Winnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
AUBERGINE- NICE SURPRISE!!
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:38:03 PM »
Hi,

We have just returned from a week in Kalkan, wanting to get back already! It is interesting to see peoples thoughts on the different restaurants and in particular the different varying points of view on Aubergine. Seems very much an either ''love it or hate it'' type of place. We didn''t go to Aubergine this time for an evening meal as its a little to formal for us, we prefer to just chill out somewhere a little more relaxed. However we did have a meal there at lunch time and it was absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere in the daytime is totally different, very relaxed and it was great to sit and watch the world go by. The food was also quite Turkish and reasonably priced (not sure if this is a new menu?). They had dishes such as doner kebabs, meatballs/chicken in wraps etc for under 10 lira as well as crepes, burgers, schnitzel etc. You would pay this much at many of the cheaper restaurants and not get the fab view or the perfect ''people watching'' spot. It really was no more expensive than anywhere else we ate and was so chilled, such a nice way to spend the afternoon, we could have sat there for hours. Just wanted to share my opinion. I know that Aubergine is seen as an expensive and formal restaurant, maybe somewhere you would save for your last night, but really we have a totally new opinion and view of the place. We had our two children with us and the kiddies menu was also fab. I think those that are put off by Aubergine and its reputation should definitely give lunch a go...was scrummy! Will definitely be returning for lunch and a beer when we return later in the year.

Winnie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3530.0

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: AUBERGINE- NICE SURPRISE!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:29:15 PM »
Nice write up. Your experiences mirror my own. Off season it is a most pleasant experience, day or night. No better place to be on Earth :)

Peak season evenings can be a whole different planet, however, but thats true of many of the better restaurants in Kalkan.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »
That sounds lovely. We have had some nice meals there and I especially like it out of season. We have also been for lunch and you''re right the atmosphere is different. Oh to be there now  8)

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »
Hi All

Can I first of all start by saying how much I enjoy your posts - in fact I am addicted, and I dont mind admitting it!!

Our experience of Aubergine has always been positive, last year I emailed them and asked for a quiet romantic table for our 27th Anniversary, needless to say when we got there everything had been organised and we had a wonderful evening - topped off by a lovely cake which they had organised themselves - it was a really lovely gesture - can you imagine the same thing happening in our country, without it being added to the bill?!!  The staff cannot do enough for you and the food is something you cannot experience in the UK - I have almost given up eating out here, totally fed up with being ripped off.

We have also been at busy times, and indeed the experience is different, but still excellent, just slightly more crowded.    I cant wait to visit again this year, my dear brother and sister-in-law have asked me to join them for a week - I am now couting the days - almost like a child before Christmas!

Best wishes to all

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:43:51 AM »
Hi All,
Did''nt eat there this trip this May! Tried other places! Said Hello on the way past. Free coffee and a chat with Musse! What a way to spend New Years Eve!!
Rx

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »
We have never here as I agree the place seems just too stuffy.  Will certainly give it a try when we visit in just over 4 weeks.  I am just counting the days to we go for our 2nd visit.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Take away the surprise!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 04:27:37 PM
by Skunk
xx
Aubergine

Started by lilly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post October 14, 2008, 09:26:03 PM
by johnst
xx
Aubergine

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 05:45:31 PM
by lolly
xx
Aubergine restaurant

Started by tuttifrutti on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 09:27:10 PM
by Helshe

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan cat

Views: 3074
By: saskia
Kalkan News