Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New Build and Bank Guarantees  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
New Build and Bank Guarantees
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
The discussion in this section has really been hotting up of late.  I will always show absolute respect to our Turkish hosts but EK has really opened my eyes to the problems with some of the build quality in Kalkan based on actual members experience not hearsay.

I have great sympathy with those who have had to spend large sums on bringing their purchases up to scratch.  EK are providing a valuable and responsible service alerting new members and readers to this issue, before they part with their hard earned.

However I acknowledge comments must be constructive (no pun intended!).

One option is to find a good builder and buy a project.  However you are including an extra risk with the possibility of the builder going bust during the build a worldwide phenomenon in the current climate.

I expect it is unlikely but does anyone have any experience of builders offering Bank Guarantees against the stage payments in Kalkan?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3051.0

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Re: New Build and Bank Guarantees
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »
You have a good point here Abbo, I wonder why the subject has been totally ignored by the regular ek users and inhabitants, there must be someone out there who can give a simple yes or no to this question?
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline Tinkabell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
Hi Abbo I had some off plan apartments built in Kalkan a couple of years ago and can only advise you to secure the land tapu in your name as soon as the build begins. At least that way you will own something. I also only made stage payments as I saw the progress and went on monthly visits to watch the building work being done. Time consuming and expensive I know but well worth it as it avoided a lot of problems and things could be corrected before it was too late. I have never heard of a New Build Bank Guarantee being offered to clients but I stand to be corrected! Personally I would not buy off plan/New Build unless I was able to see with my own eyes how things were developing and would want a contract which dictated that stage payments were made only as parts of the building were completed. This would be to cover myself and as you rightly say in these days of doom and gloom to be sure that I lost no monies. I have also completed a project in the UK and did the same here in the last recession. Sometimes it is hard to say no when you know the builder is pressed for money and you trust them. However it is not worth taking the risk.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »
I would also suggest to anyone planning to live here through the winter that you have central heating installed.  Several people who bought homes to live in year round were quite surprised at how cold it gets.  A fireplace is not enough unless the house is very small and the fireplace very big!
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
John, it''s all in what you can cope with.  Even with central heating I wear a long wool undershirt and 2 jumpers (heat turned on low and late in the day).  Without heat I couldn''t stand the winter here especially as we use most of the rooms in our house constantly.  Recently talked with two hardy Brits who said this was the coldest winter they''ve ever spent anywhere.  Are both installing central heating.  So I guess it''s what you can stand or how many jumpers you can wear at one time.   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Transfer of money from uk bank (Halifax) to Deniz Bank

Started by tonik on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2009, 10:51:35 PM
by Possums
xx
Bank again

Started by One sheet on Holiday Reports and Reviews

7 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 06:00:58 AM
by Lynne T
xx
Deniz Bank

Started by aellis on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post May 14, 2018, 06:24:59 PM
by johnny
xx
Bank Charges

Started by TES on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2009, 03:48:21 PM
by rat2

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Cafe Vita

Views: 3939
By: Chucky
Gemiler Beach