Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: getting married in kalkan  (Read 12577 times)

Offline kevywevy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • I only smile when im in kalkan,
    • Share Post
getting married in kalkan
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
Hi
I have some guests staying in my villa in July who have sent me an email asking the following
"We are planning to get married during our stay in Kalkan .Do you know any wedding organisers who could help us with all the legal issues etc. we are not taking any guests out with us as we just want to get married and then go for a special dinner somewhere with a couple of friends who are holidaying with us. "
 If anyone can help me out with this i would be grateful
regards kevin

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3029.0

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: getting married in kalkan
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »
Hi Kevin

I know that Masuda at the Kalkan Regency, has arranged a few weddings in the past, so it may be worthwhile, your guests contacting her.

Dawn

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
Kevin,

There is a company offering these services called kalkan Concierge. Its run by a girl called Jo. Don''t know if they are still operating but you can try contacting them on  www.kalkanconcierge.com.

All the best

KK.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 09:23:09 AM »
We''re getting married in the Mediteran next year - a hotel, which in my opinion has THE best views over Kalkan.

All of our guests are going to stay there and that means we will have it exclusively for the week.  Ahmet has given us a quote for the whole wedding and part of that includes costs for a wedding planner, which I believe is Jo from Kalkan Concierge.

Hope this helps.

Kay
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
Hi Kev,
I can help but am not allowed to say so, so I will pm you.  :)
Wendy.

Offline KC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
Hello,

Kalkan Concierge is still fully operational at www.kalkanconcierge.com/info@kalkanconcierge.com.

Regards,

KC

Offline hellothere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 08:58:49 PM »
Hi

I e-mailed Jo about my wedding last week but haven''t heard back from her - does anyone know whether she is around at the moment?

I was wondering whether she was still running Kalkan Concierge

Thanks!

Offline KC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
Hello Again,

As mentioned a couple of postings ago-Kalkan Concierge is fully operational and contact can be made at info@kalkanconcierge.com.

Regards

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »
You can also try www.kalkan-weddings.co.uk still fully operational. :angel:

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »
Crikey getting married how to ruin a good holiday......  >:D >:D

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:02:11 AM »
There is rather an important point which is being overlooked by all posters, you cannot just get married in Kalkan or any other part of Turkey without first going through all the legal formalities.

It is not possible to complete these in the space of a two week holiday. The crucial part of the process is the posting of the banns at the British Consulate in Antalya. These have to be posted for 30 days prior to the wedding and the couple wishing to get married (assuming they are Brits) have to go in person to Antalya to sign all the necessary documentation, give copies of their birth certificates, passports and certificates of non-impediment which show that both parties are free to marry.

Once the banns have been posted for 30 days, the couple then have to return to Antalya for further signatures and to collect the legal papers which are then presented to the Turkish authorities and only then, when all this is in order can you contact the registrar in Kas who will perform the actual marriage ceremony.

So you have to either be here for a continuous period of longer than 30 days to complete the formalities or come to Turkey, arrange for the banns to be posted, leave and return 30 days later for stage 2. There is no way round this

I got married here last year. It was surprisingly straightforward but we speak Turkish and understand how the system works. The Consulate in Antalya were very helpful. the Turkish authorities delightful but without any Turkish, understanding what needed to be done would not have been easy. We used Kalkan Concierge to organise the invitations, flowers  and the reception which was held at the Mediteran. Unless you know Turkey well and have some Turkish, I would recommend  having professional help with dealing with the Turkish side of the arrangements.

Lantana

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 08:56:48 AM »
Mrs E (who is Turkish) and I got married in Antalya in 02.  We had our banns posted where we were living, in Prague, for 21 days, and notification was then sent to the Consulate in Antalya, who issued the necessary documents.  We then spent a day scuttling around Antalya Buyuksehir Belediyesi (council buildings), getting various signatures, having a blood test and drinking tea.  Quite straightforward.  The ceremony itself was short and sweet, the seven years since.....

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »
I don''t know if the laws have changed since you got married Lantana, or are maybe different because you are a Brit residing in Turkey, compare to British residents marrying in Turkey but I too have looked at the legalities of this and according to the information I have found out both from the Turkish consulate, British consulate and various wedding websites and they all say that there is no minimum residency period for marrying in Turkey if you are a resident in the UK.  But they do say that banns need to be put up in the UK for 21 days to obtain the certificate of no impediment.  Of course a visit to the consulate is still necessary.

Here are a couple of links for anyone else thinking of taking the plunge in Kalkan!!

http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/marrying-in-turkey

http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/questio.htm#marriage3

Offline hellothere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
I agree with Turkeyfan, all the information I have states that by posting the banns and obtaining certificate of no impediment at local registry office in UK, there is then no minimum residency in Turkey prior to marrying, apart from of course, time to go over to Antalya for the formalities.

I certainly hope this is the case, or we will have 35 very disappointed people (including me and fiancée) in May who have paid to go to Kalkan to watch us say some vows and not be legally wed!!!

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 01:33:33 PM »
EnjoyKalkan Safety

Just to let people know some of the websites mentioned have been mentioned by the owners or those with an interest in the website. To assist in the planning of a special day on this occasion these links have been left on despite a breach of forum rules.

I must be feeling nice today  ;)

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
As I recall, we did the necessary at the Consulate within ten minutes and the local authority bit actually took no more than half a day.  I arrived in Turkey 6 days before our wedding date and left three after.  The local element took just a mildly confusing half a day

I
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:38:32 PM by EniÅŸte »

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 02:56:47 PM »
hellothere & Turkeyfan

You are correct in your comments for those living in the UK.  The parties must give ''notice of no impediment'' each (not banns) in the UK of 21 days from the time of giving the notice, in the Register Office of the district/borough of where they reside.  They must  have the location of where they are to be married in Turkey, as this is entered onto the notices along with all the other information taken from them at the Register Office.  You then have to contact the appropriate authorities in Turkey. I am a Registrar & this is my job.   

These conditions do vary depending on which country people get married, where they are from & lots of other conditions so always check things out properly to avoid any long delays & disappointments. ENJOY.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »
Sorry for striking terror into the hearts of anybody with a UK address planning to marry in Turkey. We do not have an address in the UK, so the 30 day banns rule applied to us because of that. As DBRD says, if you are a permanent UK resident the rules are different. Here they still post banns and the certificate of non-impediment was issued here.

Everyone who was involved with the legalities here was extremely helpful.  The registrar from Kas (female) was very flexible and was happy to marry us in any location of our choosing.

Lantana

Offline hellothere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
DRBD - I have put off going to our local registry office as there has been a change to our wedding plans in Turkey and so we are not sure of the exact venue for the ceremony at the moment. However, as we marry in only 11 weeks I really want to apply for cert of no impediment. Do you know whether it would be sufficient to state the venue as "Kalkan, Turkey" to our local registrar?
Thanks!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »
Hellothere,

You MUST visit your local Register Office, do not be put off, no ''Notice of No Impediment'' no wedding !!! Bear in mind that you may well have to make an appointment & they may be busy so allow plenty of time.  The venue can be stated as, eg Kalkan, Antalya, Turkey no need to put the exact name of building.  The Registrar will advise, just give them a ring.  Have a lovely time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Getting Married In Kalkan

Started by Peaches on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post March 10, 2010, 09:10:36 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Getting married in Kalkan

Started by dylanleeds on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2009, 08:31:06 AM
by xnipec
question
getting married in Kalkan

Started by angi on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post September 02, 2008, 11:49:48 AM
by turkeyfan
xx
Getting Married in Kalkan

Started by Denners on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post September 25, 2011, 01:33:49 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal